Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:26 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times

Advertisements

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying Allah has mobile (squads) of angels, who have no other work (to attend to but) to follow the assemblies of Dhikr and when they find such assemblies in which there is Dhikr (of Allah) they sit in them and some of them surround the others with their wings till the space between them and the sky of the world is fully covered,

and when they disperse (after the assembly of Dhikr is adjourned) they go upward to the heaven and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, asks them although He is best informed about them:

Where have you come from?
They say: We come from Thine servants upon the earth who had been glorifying Thee (reciting Subhan Allah), uttering Thine Greatness (saying Allah o-Akbar) and uttering Thine Oneness (La ilaha ill Allah) and praising Thee (uttering al-Hamdu Lillah) and begging of Thee.

Be would say : What do they beg of Me?
They would say: They beg of Thee the Paradise of Thine.

He (God) would say : Have they seen My Paradise ?
They said : No, our Lord.
He would say : (What it would be then) if they were to see Mine Paradise ?
They (the angels) said : They seek Thine protection.
He (the Lord) would say: Against what do they seek protection of Mine?
They (the angels) would say: Our Lord, from the Hell-Fire.
He (the Lord) would say: Have they seen My Fire?
They would say: No.
He (the Lord) would say: What it would be if they were to see My Fire ?
They would say : They beg of Thee forgiveness.

He would say: I grant pardon to them, and confer upon them what they ask for and grant them protection against which they seek protection.

They (the angels) would again say: Our Lord, there is one amongst them such and such simple servant who happened to pass by (that assembly) and sat there along with them (who had been participating in that assembly).

He (the Lord) would say: I also grant him pardon, for they are a people the seat-fellows of whom are in no way unfortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When Allah created the creation as He was upon the Throne, He put down in His Book: Verily, My mercy predominates My wrath.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:06 PM

The (members of the) first group that would be admitted to Paradise would have their faces as bright as full moon during the night.

They would neither spit nor suffer catarrh, nor void excrement.
They would have their utensils and their combs made of gold and silver and the fuel of their braziers would be aloes and their sweat would be musk

and every one of them would have two spouses (so beautiful) that the marrow of their shanks would be visible through the flesh.

There would be no dissension amongst them and no enmity in their hearts.
Their hearts would be like one heart, glorifying Allah morning and evening.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM

a man said: By Allaah, Allaah will not forgive So and so.
Allaah said: ‘Who is the one who swore by Me that I will not forgive So and so?
I have forgiven So and so and I have cancelled out your good deeds

Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Whoever says
Astaghfir Allaah al-‘Azeem alladhi laa ilaaha illa huwa al-hayyu al-qayyoom wa atoobu ilayhi
(I ask forgiveness of Allaah the Almighty, besides Whom there is no god, the Ever-Living, the Eternal, and I repent to Him), will be forgiven even if his sin is fleeing from the battlefield [a major sin].”

Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 PM

You shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith)

and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another.

Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to
(the practice of paying salutation to one another by saying)
as-salamu alaikum.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:44 PM

the Prophet of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) addressed Mu'adh b. Jabal as he was riding behind him to which he replied: At thy beck and call, and at thy pleasure,

Messenger of Allah. He again called out: Mu'adh, to which he (again) replied: At thy beck and call, and at thy pleasure.

He (the Holy Prophet) addressed him (again): Mu'adh, to which he replied: At thy beck and call, and at thy pleasure, Messenger of Allah.

Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) observed:
If anyone testifies (sincerely from his heart) that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His bondsman and His messenger, Allah immuned him from Hell.

He (Mu'adh) said: Messenger of Allah, should I not then inform people of it, so that they may be of good cheer?

He replied: Then they would trust in it alone.

Mu'adh told about it at the time of his death, to avoid sinning.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:01 AM

"Whoever performs Hajj for Allah's pleasure and does not have sexual relations with his wife, and does not do evil or sins then he will return (after Hajj free from all sins) as if he were born anew."

Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
let us share morality , love and peace quotes from our relegions
from me being a muslim , i will start with some quotes of mohammed (pbuh)

1-God is not merciful to him who is not so to humankind. He who is not kind to God's creation and to his own children, God will not be kind to him.

2-Fear Allah wherever you are and follow up a bad deed with a good one as it will wipe it out and behave well towards people.

3-Whoever suppresses his anger, when he has in his power to show it, God will give him a great reward.

4-He is not strong and powerful, who throws people down, but he is strong who withholds himself from anger.

5-Utter good words, spread the greeting of peace, be kind to your blood relations and pray at night while others sleep then enter Paradise in peace.

6-One of the greatest sins that a man may commit is cursing his parent. The people asked: O Allah’s Messenger, how may a man curse his parents? The Prophet replied: the man abuses the father of another man and the latter answers by abusing the father and the mother of the former.

7-On the Day of Resurrection, the man who, in the sight of Allah, occupies the worst position is the one who after having had intercourse with his wife, goes out and makes public her secret.

8-Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst falsehood. Do not spy on others, do not look at others faults, do not hanker after a thing which others have. Do not envy one another, do not entertain ill-will towards one another, and do not stop talking to one another. And O Allah’s servants! Be like brethren to each other.

9-The best among you is the one who treats his wives best, and I treat my wives best.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

Old 12-07-2008, 02:54 PM

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
(An-Nisa-Women 4:171)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality