Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 05:09 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

I was looking at the terrible weather across the entire nation today and wondering how it's going to affect my travel plans and those of millions of others. All of the northern states are getting terrible weather. My friend June is getting buried in snow in the Northeast and there are extremely cold temperatures in many parts of the country. I'm going to fly to Seattle but I have to go through Cincinnati because there's no direct flights from Nashville. I just hope the airports aren't going to be a disaster but I suspect they might be and I've been through that before.
I want to wish my friends at City Data a safe trip if you're traveling this week, especially if you're driving. This happens every year for me because my family is spread all over the place and I just take turns visiting different family members. Who else is travelling and where are you going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 05:16 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,957 times
I might be going to Queensland after Christmas, weather is gorgeous at the moment here in Oz. One day I would like to experience a white Christmas, just to know what all the hype is about.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:38 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post

My friend June is getting buried in snow in the Northeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post

One day I would like to experience a white Christmas, just to know what all the hype is about.

Lady Ice: June has shovelled her car and driveway four times in the past three days. Many feet of whiteness where June is. June's getting a tad fatigued by this, () but then your post made her rethink the whole affair. Despite the inconvenience, the disruption and delay in travel plans, there is something to be said about being in a silent world, blanketed beneath all that pristine whiteness, which seems to illuminate the darkness, somehow, at night...

As one stands there, straining to hear the sound of bells...

Take gentle travelling care.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:48 AM

161 posts, read 418,267 times
i also want soooo terribly bad to have a 'white christmas'.
i would be happy to shovel someones snow for someone
if i had anyplace to go actually...

(now where i am -
we just had the air conditioner on a few days ago- )

id like to go on a sled also,
and eat some snow and make a snow angel ,
and throw a snow ball and hear it under my feet
and hear it coming down from the sky,
and see it at night under a street lamp-!

wow!! you 'snow people 'take that all for granted dont you??
sigh....

Old 12-22-2008, 05:31 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post

i also want soooo terribly bad to have a 'white christmas'.
i would be happy to shovel someones snow for someone
if i had anyplace to go actually...

id like to go on a sled also,
and eat some snow and make a snow angel ,
and throw a snow ball and hear it under my feet
and hear it coming down from the sky,
and see it at night under a street lamp-!

wow!! you 'snow people 'take that all for granted dont you?? sigh....

No, actually, we don't take it for granted...We just become weary when it's been snowing for three days straight. -But then we rebound, recoop, gaze out the window, and are glad it's all there.

Sorry if June gave the wrong impression.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:17 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
When I got up this morning and checked the temperature on the internet it says it's 12 degrees in Nashville which is by far the coldest day since I moved here in January. It's only snowed once since I moved here and it didn't amount to much and melted by the end of the day. The people I feel sorry for are the ones who are driving in snowy or icy conditions at Christmas. I'm too far away to do that anymore but the last time I did was quite a few years ago when I drove from Denver to Montana and most of the highways were either covered with ice or snow and I was a nervous wreck and swore I'd never do it again and I never did. It had snowed so much when I was up there that they had to get a front end loader to clear off the deep snow on the road to my Mother's house which is located a few miles from town so I could get back to the main highway to drive back to Denver. It was a miserable experience. Snow is pretty if you're inside of a warm comfortable room in front of a fireplace and looking at it through the window. I'm good at driving in icy conditions because I've had so much experience with it but it's something I try to avoid.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:35 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
I'm supposed to be driving up island to my son's new house ( three and a half hour drive in good weather ) in Campbell River on the 24th, but snow is forecast all week, and there is already over two feet accumulated up there in the last two days. We have almost as much here, and because snow is rare here most people have no idea how to drive in it...The good thing is that I drive a Subaru Forester, one of the best in snow. I went down town yesterday, and there were many vehicles stuck every which way, including two city buses. The only people I saw smiling were the tow truck drivers.

I'm about to head out and snap a few pics and post 'em on my thread in the photo forum.." Snow day in Victoria" Kind purty out there right at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality