Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,233,142 times

Advertisements

I believe in a creator.
I believe in the power of nature.
I believe all answers lie in nature.
I believe Jesus existed.
I believe in an afterlife for my soul.
I believe in people.
I believe in good.
I believe most technology is evil.
I believe in healing through nature.

I'm not to follow a religion based on any comments here. Just curious what some of you think. I want to commit to a religion. I want to grow spiritually and internally. I want to pass my beliefs on to my children.

Any input appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,425,255 times
What do you believe about the Bible, what do you believe about Jesus? Commit to God and having a relationship with Him.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I believe in a creator.
I believe Jesus existed.
I believe in people.
I believe in good.

I'm not to follow a religion based on any comments here. Just curious what some of you think. I want to commit to a religion. I want to grow spiritually and internally. I want to pass my beliefs on to my children.

Any input appreciated
The first thing I noticed was your statement about beliving most technology to be evil. That kind of threw me for a loop. If you're looking for a religion that teaches that, you may be kind of limited. Could you explain why you believe that?

Your comments on nature seem to suggest that you might find Paganism to be to your liking, but you also say that you believe in Jesus Christ. May I ask what, specifically, you believe about Him? A lot of people believe He existed, but don't see Him as anything more than a good man. Your thoughts on who He really was might make it easier for me to suggest a religion.

By the way, do you know anything about the Unitarian Universalists?

Old 01-02-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What do you believe about the Bible, what do you believe about Jesus? Commit to God and having a relationship with Him.
I'm not sure. I don't know too much about the bible. I believe Jesus existed and believed that he was the son of god. I believe he died thinking he was doing it for all of us. I don't know if I believe it to be sure. I know I have a "higher calling" of some sort. I'm so confused right now..

Old 01-02-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The first thing I noticed was your statement about beliving most technology to be evil. That kind of threw me for a loop. If you're looking for a religion that teaches that, you may be kind of limited. Could you explain why you believe that?

Your comments on nature seem to suggest that you might find Paganism to be to your liking, but you also say that you believe in Jesus Christ. May I ask what, specifically, you believe about Him? A lot of people believe He existed, but don't see Him as anything more than a good man. Your thoughts on who He really was might make it easier for me to suggest a religion.

By the way, do you know anything about the Unitarian Universalists?
I responded to another poster to some of this.

I just think technology takes away from nature. That's pretty broad, but that's basically it.

I know nothing about Unitarian Universalists

Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,425,255 times
Quote:
I'm not sure. I don't know too much about the bible. I believe Jesus existed and believed that he was the son of god. I believe he died thinking he was doing it for all of us. I don't know if I believe it to be sure. I know I have a "higher calling" of some sort. I'm so confused right now..
My opinion is read the book of John, ask the Lord to speak to your heart and help you understand. Jesus said in Matthew 7:7 "Keep on asking and you will be given what you ask for, keep on looking and you will find, keep on knocking and the door will be opened".
Knowing Jesus takes faith, focus and following through. Don't give up in your efforts to seek God, ask Him for knowledge, patience, wisdom, love and understanding and He will give them to you.
Jeremiah 29:13 "If you look for me in earnest, you will find Me when you seek Me".

Old 01-02-2009, 10:18 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
I know nothing about Unitarian Universalists
Well, I'm not a Unitarian Universalist myself. It's not the path I would personally choose, but I think it might be a good fit for you. You might want to google it and see what you come up with.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,042,346 times
Quote:
I believe in a creator.
I believe Jesus existed.
I believe in people.
I believe in good.

Any input appreciated
Amish perhaps?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM

783 posts, read 1,327,985 times
Quote:
I don't know too much about the bible. I believe Jesus existed and believed that he was the son of god. I believe he died thinking he was doing it for all of us. I don't know if I believe it to be sure. I know I have a "higher calling" of some sort. I'm so confused right now..
Religion won’t define that “higher calling” you sense. The only way that that “higher calling” will be rightfully defined is through relationship with the Creator that ordained you to carryout your “higher calling”. Our Creator revealed Himself to mankind in the Person of Christ Jesus, this is where your personal relationship with the Creator begins.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:01 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,267,226 times
Quote:
I believe in a creator.
I believe Jesus existed.
I believe in people.
I believe in good.

Any input appreciated
i see that all of what you believe are fulfilled in abrahamic relegions ( judaism , christianity , islam )
so , you need to start from those three relegions , compare between them and try to find out which one is most suitable to be the truth

my pesonal advices
start with the basic beliefs of these relegions , then go through the detailes , discuss the beliefs from it's followers
don't let political events or openion of others affecting on you
and of course you need to determine whether you search about relegion fit your desire or fit desire of God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality