Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
"For the wages of sin is death." No one gets off this earth scott-free. Heaven and eternal bliss are not an entitlement to man, but a gift.

coming to think of it....

shortly after the iron curtain came down, i heard a religous group on radio asking for written answers to the following question:

WHAT ARE THE WAGES FOR FORGIVEN SINS?

all i got was some propaganda material and some years later the information elsewhere that they had extended/expanded their mission to the former USSR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 03:07 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Huckleberry wrote:
Quote:
(adultery in america currently is 50%, 25% is by women)
Call me goofy but if half of the married men in America are committing adultery but only a quarter of the women are committing adultery then who are those extra 25% of the men committing adultery with??
For the record, I don't think adultery is right either. If I was married I would never cheat on my wife.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Huckleberry wrote:

Call me goofy but if half of the married men in America are committing adultery but only a quarter of the women are committing adultery then who are those extra 25% of the men committing adultery with??
For the record, I don't think adultery is right either. If I was married I would never cheat on my wife.

i i hate calling you goofy:

multiple choice and prostitution... although i'm not that much of a prude.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
"For the wages of sin is death." No one gets off this earth scott-free. Heaven and eternal bliss are not an entitlement to man, but a gift.
What could possibly anger god more than people loving each other?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What could possibly anger god more than people loving each other?
People who don't believe in God Actually the group that will get the 'hottest' treatment will be the Hypocrites...

Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
People who don't believe in God Actually the group that will get the 'hottest' treatment will be the Hypocrites...
You seem confused. I guess religion clouds the mind

Old 02-13-2009, 04:51 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Illicit is a term coined by modern man. I would hope God would look into the hearts of those who love and not worry about legal terms.
I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head with your statement. If you're intending and honestly trying to do the right thing as your heart tells you to do....you'll almost always be doing "gods" work and things are good. On those occasional instances where despite your best attempts to do the right thing things go awry.....you should sincerely apologize, ask their forgiveness and attempt to pick up the pieces as well as possible.

God certainly doesn't expect us to be perfect in every way. We're human and will make mistakes. As long as we attempt to do the right thing and nobody loses an eye as my dad used to say....it's all OK.

I don't feel "god" is legalistic as many people seem to believe....he doesn't operate from a "rule" book of thousands of do's and dont's....but rather looks at your intent in your dealings with others more than anything else.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head with your statement. If you're intending and honestly trying to do the right thing as your heart tells you to do....you'll almost always be doing "gods" work and things are good. On those occasional instances where despite your best attempts to do the right thing things go awry.....you should sincerely apologize, ask their forgiveness and attempt to pick up the pieces as well as possible.

God certainly doesn't expect us to be perfect in every way. We're human and will make mistakes. As long as we attempt to do the right thing and nobody loses an eye as my dad used to say....it's all OK.

I don't feel "god" is legalistic as many people seem to believe....he doesn't operate from a "rule" book of thousands of do's and dont's....but rather looks at your intent in your dealings with others more than anything else.
Somehow no one wants to tackle the concept of people loving each other. There must be some reason why. I can only speculate. I surely didn't think it would be so extremely difficult to understand the OP.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Somehow no one wants to tackle the concept of people loving each other. There must be some reason why. I can only speculate. I surely didn't think it would be so extremely difficult to understand the OP.
Well quite honestly I've read and re-read your OP half a dozen times and I'm not at all sure what it means, or what you're trying to say.

My reply was in reference to another post subsequent to your OP.

Perhaps if you restate your post in another way we'll understand it and you'll get the answers you're looking for.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Actually the group that will get the 'hottest' treatment will be the Hypocrites...
Don't tell the Evangelicals that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality