Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,031,690 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I'm feeling like this, I just feel like I need a vacation. I've never traveled to Europe (only Spain), I want to move to a place where no one knows my name...like the East Coast, somedays I want to get away from Texas & just leave...I don't know why... I'll be 21 this summer, I'm sick of college & just want to graduate (1 more yr)...but I also don't know what I want to study in grad school, I don't know what I want to do with my life...basically I'm in need of extreme guidance...I think I might be PMSing...I'm just tired of all of it...I'm thinking it may be because I've been lagging spiritually as well (I have been skipping church on Sundays nor have I been reading my Bible or praying...)

Can someone offer any encouragement/prayer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I don't know why I'm feeling like this, I just feel like I need a vacation. I've never traveled to Europe (only Spain), I want to move to a place where no one knows my name...like the East Coast, somedays I want to get away from Texas & just leave...I don't know why... I'll be 21 this summer, I'm sick of college & just want to graduate (1 more yr)...but I also don't know what I want to study in grad school, I don't know what I want to do with my life...basically I'm in need of extreme guidance...I think I might be PMSing...I'm just tired of all of it...I'm thinking it may be because I've been lagging spiritually as well (I have been skipping church on Sundays nor have I been reading my Bible or praying...)

I have been there in my early 20s.

I fixed it by hitting the gym.

It's like an electronic counter, a stop watch. After the gym, the electronic panel reads 0 all over again. It's a daily system reset and it's a must.

I'm not saying hardcore gym. Just plain sweating - be it jogging, treadmill, tennis, athletics.

Most important, it helps one focus.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:03 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
At least it sounds like you're accomplishing something by getting through college. I think it's very common for someone in their early twenties to feel confused about what direction to take in their lives. I was worse than most and my main goal was to have as much fun as possible. It took me a few years to finally become a responsible person. I think you'll find that things will sort themselves out as the years go by although it would probably be a good idea to assess what your interests and motivations are before you get to grad school. You don't want to choose a career that you'll end up hating. Good luck.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,941,178 times
Well if you decide on a course to study, why not do it abroad? I'm a first year student in a British university, I'm planning on doing my third year abroad and I know that there are plenty of opportunities for everyone out there.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,362 times
I think what the OP is feeling is more the norm than the exception. I think most young adults feel this way to some extent. I am not a young adult...when I finished college way back in the late sixties it was sort of expected that a young woman get married and raise a family, etc, so I did...but it is not what I really wanted to do. If I was your age now, I would take some time and travel and look around and get some life experience before settling into anything permanent (job or marriage etc). And if you have a dream of some sort, or feel compelled to do or experience something or somewhere else, now is the time to do it. There is no use having a dream if you do not pursue it.

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post

If you think its bad now, wait until after you graduate, ESPECIALLY once you turn 23. You no longer have the defined goals to strive for you've had all your life, neither do you have the same type of social structure. I have become very nostalgic for the "good old days" of middle and high school. I am going through a real quarter life crisis right now and really the best thing you can do is take each day at a time and live life to its fullest. That is easier said than done though, especially when you get into a routine and day after day after day is exactly the same.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,538 times
wondering ...

is this the sound advice the OP may be asking for?

YouTube - patience take that

seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality