Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 AM

720 posts, read 705,661 times

Advertisements

My, such in depth answers to a simple question. God created Lucifer, the greatest Cherubim. God gave Lucifer free will and dominion over the Earth, among other things. Lucifer, through the ages chose his own path, exercising his free will, eventually coming into conflict with God who cast him down, changing his name to Satan, the Adversary....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 04:50 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
My, such in depth answers to a simple question. God created Lucifer, the greatest Cherubim. God gave Lucifer free will and dominion over the Earth, among other things. Lucifer, through the ages chose his own path, exercising his free will, eventually coming into conflict with God who cast him down, changing his name to Satan, the Adversary....
You have not answered WHY God created Lucifer/Satan.

Whether or not Lucifer exercised his free will and ended up in conflict with God is irrelevant. An omniscient God would have known well beforehand what Lucifer would do, but that didn't matter, I guess.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
So the story goes....

Old 10-15-2014, 08:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
You have not answered WHY God created Lucifer/Satan.

Whether or not Lucifer exercised his free will and ended up in conflict with God is irrelevant. An omniscient God would have known well beforehand what Lucifer would do, but that didn't matter, I guess.
It is a deep matter to convey. The covering cherub was to be the teacher. Till he tried to place himself above God. The 8th that was of the 7 that goes into perdition. The day star.
Cherubim are a certain type of angelic creature, it means to guard or cover. The seraphim surround the throne, the cherubim carry the throne and cover it from above (Ezekiel 1). Cherubim are the highest order of the celestial beings. Satan is in the class of a cherub, he was the covering cherub. He was the anointed cherub that was positioned over the throne of God, the other cherubs are placed under it.
Isaiah 14:12-14: “How are you fallen from heaven, O day star, son of the morning!
Five I wills were announced from his pride. Which resulted in him leading a revolt against God's authority, where one third of the angels sided with him (Rev. 12:3-4). This now has them classified as demons (fallen spirits; leaving their first estate).
Lucifer is the Latin translation of the Hebrew word which means day-star. Hebrew means “the shining one,” one who shines, describing his original state:
He was the shining one covered by the precious stones, according to Ezekiel 28, stones that later appear on the high priests breastplate in the tabernacle of Moses’ time (Exodus 28:17-20), but their order is different.
When this Cherub shows up in the garden he is already fallen and is called the serpent (Gen.3:1; rev.12:9) to deceive man. The Latin name Lucifer is used for this creature, but this is a flawed translation and has confused many. The actual correct title is Day star, son of the morning from for the original Hebrew.
The Hebrew stresses him as “the shining one,” his original state before the fall. He was first among the angels in heaven; he was a light bearer, a morning star and is now fallen from his position he was appointed to. He then became known as Satan, the adversary to God.
God is the only thing Perfect. The suffering we go through in life is a little caterpillar is temporary, and physical death is like a chrysalis. We have another form to take. You just have to believe it. It's called the resurrection.
And so why did God allow the enemy to go about trying to devour. Well duh to teach us to stomp on him.
His bite is the lie that you will die if bitten.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM

566 posts, read 503,953 times
Why did Odd create Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Dr.Mengele, Genghis Khan, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, AIDS, cancer, my mother-in-law, broccoli, Dahmer, Osama bin Laden, 9/11, Facebook, Taylor Swift, Bieber, and many other evil doers?Because Odd does not "create" anyone; people have free will to choose to be evil. Satan was a fall angel, not born evil.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:11 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
Why did Odd create Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Dr.Mengele, Genghis Khan, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, AIDS, cancer, my mother-in-law, broccoli, Dahmer, Osama bin Laden, 9/11, Facebook, Taylor Swift, Bieber, and many other evil doers?Because Odd does not "create" anyone; people have free will to choose to be evil. Satan was a fall angel, not born evil.
You got me There is no excuse for Broccoli he is the most evil and most powerful super saiyan ever created. He destroyed whole galaxies until Goku stopped him.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
Do some more research on HaSatan and his origins, you'll be surprised at what you discover...

Old 10-17-2014, 03:37 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Ezekiel Ch 28
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

This can help give you a picture of the enemy. The enemy used us to perform sin.

in·iq·ui·ty (-nkw-t)
n. pl. in·iq·ui·ties 1. Gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
2. A grossly immoral act; a sin.
That has nothing to do with Lucifer or HaSatan, it is a prophecy against the city of Tyre...

Ezekiel 28

1 And there is a word of Jehovah unto me, saying:

2 `Son of man, say to the leader of Tyre: Thus said the Lord Jehovah: Because thy heart hath been high, And thou dost say: A god I am , The habitation of God I have inhabited, In the heart of the seas, And thou art man, and not God, And thou givest out thy heart as the heart of God,

3 Lo, thou art wiser than Daniel, No hidden thing have they concealed from thee.

4 By thy wisdom and by thine understanding Thou hast made for thee wealth, And makest gold and silver in thy treasuries.

5 By the abundance of thy wisdom, Through thy merchandise, Thou hast multiplied thy wealth, And high is thy heart through thy wealth.

6 Therefore, thus said the Lord Jehovah: Because of thy giving out thy heart as the heart of God,

7 Therefore, lo, I am bringing in against thee strangers, The terrible of the nations, And they have drawn out their swords Against the beauty of thy wisdom, And they have pierced thy brightness.

8 To destruction they bring thee down, Thou diest by the deaths of the wounded, in the heart of the seas.

9 Dost thou really say, `I am God,' Before him who is slaying thee? And thou art man, and not God, In the hand of him who is piercing thee.

10 The deaths of the uncircumcised thou diest, By the hand of strangers, for I have spoken, An affirmation of the Lord Jehovah.'

11 And there is a word of Jehovah unto me, saying:

12 `Son of man, lift up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, And thou hast said to him: Thus said the Lord Jehovah: Thou art sealing up a measurement, Full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 In Eden, the garden of God, thou hast been, Every precious stone thy covering, Ruby, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, emerald, and carbuncle, and gold, The workmanship of thy tabrets, and of thy pipes, In thee in the day of thy being produced, have been prepared.

14 Thou art an anointed cherub who is covering, And I have set thee in the holy mount, God thou hast been, In the midst of stones of fire thou hast walked up and down.

15 Perfect art thou in thy ways, From the day of thy being produced, Till perversity hath been found in thee.

16 By the abundance of thy merchandise They have filled thy midst with violence, And thou dost sin, And I thrust thee from the mount of God, And I destroy thee, O covering cherub, From the midst of the stones of fire.

17 High hath been thy heart, because of thy beauty, Thou hast corrupted thy wisdom because of thy brightness, On the earth I have cast thee, Before kings I have set thee, to look on thee,

18 From the abundance of thy iniquity, By the perversity of thy traffic, Thou hast polluted thy sanctuaries, And I bring forth fire from thy midst, It hath devoured thee, And I make thee become ashes on the earth, Before the eyes of all beholding thee.

19 All knowing thee among the peoples Have been astonished at thee, Wastes thou hast been, and thou art not--to the age.'

20 And there is a word of Jehovah unto me, saying,

21 `Son of man, set thy face unto Zidon, and prophesy concerning it;

22 and thou hast said: Thus said the Lord Jehovah: Lo, I am against thee, O Zidon, And I have been honoured in thy midst, And they have known that I am Jehovah, In My doing in her judgments, And I have been sanctified in her.

23 And I have sent into her pestilence, And blood into her out-places, The wounded hath been judged in her midst, By the sword upon her round about, And they have known that I am Jehovah.

24 And there is no more to the house of Israel A pricking brier, and paining thorn, Of all round about them--despising them, And they have known that I am the Lord Jehovah.

25 Thus said the Lord Jehovah: In My gathering the house of Israel, Out of the peoples among whom they were scattered, I have been sanctified in them, Before the eyes of the nations, And they have dwelt on their ground, That I gave to My servant, to Jacob,

26 And they have dwelt on it confidently, And builded houses, and planted vineyards, And dwelt confidently--in My doing judgments, On all those despising them round about, And they have known that I, Jehovah, am their God!'
'

Old 10-17-2014, 03:42 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
confused.....
any thoughts?
Both are the inventions of man, no worries.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
God created Satan because he need to have someone he could save people from. AKA evil.

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Isaiah 45:7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality