Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the fate of atheists after death?
They will go to heaven, no punishment necessary 5 5.68%
They go to hell for an eternity 19 21.59%
The shall be punished for their beliefs, but will be forgiven eventually 2 2.27%
Other (please explain) 37 42.05%
Don't know/care 25 28.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your verses are proof of nothing.
They are my proof that I have made nothing up that I have said!

Im not pulling ideas out of my butt and pretending they are true.
Im not inventing "truth" and than bowing down to this image of my own hands....

And...thats the thing.
People might disagree with me, but because I don't dream up any of my views on my own, this points out that their disagreement is not with me at all.

Oh?...what did I just write?
Lets see that again one more time.
No one actually disagrees with 'me' at all...

Thats why I ask, no I beg anyone who thinks that do disagree with me to open their bibles and use it to prove me wrong.

For if you accept that challenge I think you will see that I have been quoting the Text all along, and that I was telling the truth as it appears there.

Its with the Bible that they disagree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 AM

252 posts, read 660,952 times
The bible is words that man wrote down. Before that, it was words that were told person-to-person. They are merely words.

You don't believe everything that you are told, do you? I sure don't. You and I simply chose to believe different things that we read/heard/thought of personally because we live different lives. Your beliefs are obviously right for you. I find the black and white rules of christianity to be spiritually crippling, myself. Different spiritual needs means different spiritualities. Thats why there are so many. And if a person finds one that suits them, it is the ONLY way, now isn't it? They don't need to look anywhere else because its the one that completes their needs. In that respect, you and I are on the same page.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:34 AM

what words of Jesus do you find in error?

What claim to know more than Jesus does do you make?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Since there's no verified proof that a Jesus ever existed. what's your point?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Since there's no verified proof that a Jesus ever existed. what's your point?
My point is in the questions I asked...
the questions that were not yet answered I notice....

Old 08-25-2009, 04:50 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Why would I answer irrelevant questions?
I could ask the same question about the fictional characters in a Heinlein or Vonnegut novel.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:09 AM

252 posts, read 660,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Why do you think that Jesus was totally the guy to listen to? The Jewish people are the ones who proclaimed the coming of the messiah and they still don't think he has come. In fact, if he existed, Jesus didn't have many followers until 400 years after his death. If such a tiny percentage of people thought he was their messiah, despite watching for the signs of one, do you think he really is the one, or just a guy that a group of Jews thought was "close enough" to fit the bill? For all anyone really knows, the first coming of christ has yet to come. And that's just talking about the messianic religions. Other major religions have no need for a messianic figure.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:19 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,095 times
Quote:
what words of Jesus do you find in error?

A sixth grade understanding of science.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
If you got no verses at all to support your views?, then your post is moot and worthless.

There are a ton of verses on this topic, go find them and read what they say.
If they agree with your views than good for you!,
Post your findings and let us all learn from your example.

But if you see that all the texts teach against your views?
Then you know you were a fool to speak up before you did your homework.
Wow, that was rude. I don't read your bible so I won't back up my response with your bible. My beliefs are from Jesus Himself telling our mediums. I can back it up with that.

We all are to love one another. That's in your bible. If you have no love, you will reap what you sow. If you are an athiest, you will reap what you sow. If you are a christian, you will reap what you sow. Same with Muslim and jew, the rich and poor. ALL will reap what they sow.
It's in your bible and Jesus was not pointing fingers at anyone. He said you, meaning all mankind, will reap what you sow. It's in your bible.

So, an athiests fate will be the same as a christians.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 AM

110 posts, read 174,773 times
we're born....we experience life....we die....the end.
i want to be cremated so my body doesn't rot in the polluted soil of the earth.
but it would be pretty cool to believe my spirit lives on and i can watch over my loved ones in my blissful afterlife....i guess by the time i truly find out it will be too late....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality