Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times

Advertisements

If there is an afterlife, I can not help but hope it will be endless pleasure driving in a 1968 Corvette convertible. Always a full tank, no flat tires ever and no maintenance needed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 01:15 PM

433 posts, read 964,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
If there is an afterlife, I can not help but hope it will be endless pleasure driving in a 1968 Corvette convertible. Always a full tank, no flat tires ever and no maintenance needed!

dream on!
lol

Old 08-31-2009, 02:44 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Heaven would mean being able to have my own town. I would make it span many decades, and centuries. If I got my fill of Atomic houses, I head for the Victorian section, and after that, I visit my 1930's farmhouse. It would be my own self styled Utopia. Everything in mint condition. Variety would be the buzzword. One harp. Played by a pretty blonde from a 1950's tv variety show. In a blue gown. With rhinestones.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Oh... how disappointing. I thought we might get a few religious types saying that they would be more than happy to strum their harps while sitting on a cloud.

OK well, after all that I guess that no-one knows so they are all just crossing their fingers and hoping they have backed the right horse. Thats a heck of a gamble and one I would not be willing to take.

Maybe as I get nearer my old age I will be more likely to take on a bet like that - except that I am already over half-way there and nothing has changed.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:21 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,653 times
Booze, loose women, and roulette.

what?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I hope knowledge. I'd like to understand all of the mysteries of the Universe. Of course, a bowl full of the best pot ever, that never goes away, with all of the best munchy food I can eat available, would be awesome to.

And I'm sorry, if there is no sex in heaven, I'm not sure I want to go. I like sex, not sure about some people, but I know I do. My heaven will definatley have to have sex involved in some way.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Naaaah no sex. All the goody-goodies will see to that. Anyway, sex is probably only an Earth thing and they do everything in the mind on other star systems. A bit like Woody Allen's orgasmic orb in one of his films. You just had to hold the orb in your hands and it gave you the right feelings in your head/body.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post

But heaven is a busy and exciting place and is not the version that was painted in Cathedrals in the 12th Century. Heaven is not a place where you sit on clouds and strum harps. It is just like earth, in that there are people, houses, trees, mountains, rivers, valley, fauna and flora, just like hear on earth. There are things to do in heaven, but because of the eternity factor, you just don't feel like you have to do anything at all, or you can take as long as you want studying something or working on a project, since you never get tired or hungry. However, you can eat if you want and there are many wonderful things to eat.
....and you know this, how??

Old 09-09-2009, 02:24 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
As a Christian, some of the reward is living a good life here on earth in peace with our maker.

But heaven is a busy and exciting place and is not the version that was painted in Cathedrals in the 12th Century. Heaven is not a place where you sit on clouds and strum harps. It is just like earth, in that there are people, houses, trees, mountains, rivers, valley, fauna and flora, just like hear on earth. There are things to do in heaven, but because of the eternity factor, you just don't feel like you have to do anything at all, or you can take as long as you want studying something or working on a project, since you never get tired or hungry. However, you can eat if you want and there are many wonderful things to eat.

Heaven is perfect.
Must be, you just described the Celtic "heaven", which outdates even your parent religion by millenia.

Only difference is that OUR neamh is a transitional place, a rest stop between lives, and one doesn't have a complicated codex of rather unnatural behaviors some call "morals" as a requirement for entry.

We have no "hell" either, BTW, any and all punishments are meted out while living.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Maybe heaven will be just like earth now... except everyone will do the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality