Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Oopsie, Don Francisco is a Universalist, I guess you did not know that?
You mean that he is a Moravian? Even if he is, what does that have to do with the message?

All down through the ages God is calling "Adam, Where Are You?", to each and every single individual seed [soul] come to fruit in Adam. The Word says that Jesus Christ is the Light that lights every man [Adam/human being] that comes into the world; and we have His light upon coming into the world in the hopes that we may seek that Light while we have our being intact, and seeking, find Christ; for the Word says that "He that seeks finds".

Rejecting that light continuosly and willfully gets one's name blotted out of the Book of Life, teaches the Scriptures; and there is no remedy for getting one's name blotted out, teaches the Scriptures. It would be better to not have been born, says Enoch [and Jesus repeated it, from Enoch], than to get one's name blotted out.
But Jesus teaches us that all the seed must have their season of fruiting, because though an individual may reject the Light without repenting, they may bring forth more seed [children] who do not reject the Light, and seeking, find Christ the LORD and so become children of God, by the adoption into the Living Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Obviously creationists have no evidence of creation, so I guess that's why they are deflecting the thread off topic.....I'm still waiting for even one tiny shred of proof of creation.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We have seen lots of discussions of evolution, and lots of proof of it. Let's discuss the proof of creationism. I don't want posts that refute evolution, but trot out that creation science if you have any.
well i dont know, those are mighty nice palm and figs trees outside the window i am looking at, what did you have in mind.
its a lil early for trotting.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You mean that he is a Moravian? Even if he is, what does that have to do with the message?--snip--
No he is a universalist, IOW he believes all folk are saved

Oh and another gospel singer Ray Boltz is gay, but you folk have already thown him under the bus.

BTW I like both of their music having in my period of delusion acquired most of their albums.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We have seen lots of discussions of evolution, and lots of proof of it. Let's discuss the proof of creationism. I don't want posts that refute evolution, but trot out that creation science if you have any.
If you want my opinion, both are are right. God came by a couple billion years ago and dropped a vial of life juice on the planet and it all evolved from there.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
No he is a universalist, IOW he believes all folk are saved
Not are saved, but shall be saved. That is Moravian doctrine.
Moravians are "protestants" and have done much missionary work for the salvation of souls in the west, but are a bit mixed up on the nature of God. That by no means takes away from the message I posted. The Voice of YHWH is calling you, an Adam person, and He is calling all born in Adam to come to Him, by His Light given to every man born into the world; and coming, one finds Christ who is the Light that lights every man that comes into the world.
In the Lake of fire, there is no light of Christ, and that is why Enoch -and Jesus repeated Enoch- called it the blackness of darkness forever, for those cast there, who will be undying worms with no remedy for becoming sons of God by the adoption whcih is offered to al the seed of Adam in this day of grace.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
Not are saved, but shall be saved. That is Moravian doctrine.
Moravians are "protestants" and have done much missionary work for the salvation of souls in the west, but are a bit mixed up on the nature of God. That by no means takes away from the message I posted. The Voice of YHWH is calling you, an Adam person, and He is calling all born in Adam to come to Him, by His Light given to every man born into the world; and coming, one finds Christ who is the Light that lights every man that comes into the world.
In the Lake of fire, there is no light of Christ, and that is why Enoch -and Jesus repeated Enoch- called it the blackness of darkness forever, for those cast there, who will be undying worms with no remedy for becoming sons of God by the adoption whcih is offered to al the seed of Adam in this day of grace.
Nope he is a universalist meaning even heathen like me who have dismissed your gawd, get a free pass. No point preaching to me, I swallowed that crap for 30 years of my life and even dabbled in the universalist doctrine for awhile.

Same crap, different day, different theology.

Anyways, apart from drailing the thread with youtube gospel songs of universalist heretics, what evidence do you have for creationism?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:17 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
No. God did not create sin/evil. God cannot sin. If, in your opinion, this makes it impossible for God to be all powerful, that would be your opinion - you're entitled to it. In truth, God has all power over all creatures that commit sinful and evil acts. That would qualify God as having all power over sin/evil.
This really makes no sense. God created everything right? If he created everything, then that includes sin.

FIY, what you just stated is purely belief and opinion (as is mine). There is no "truth" to it except the truth that pertains to you.

Quote:
You present a false dilemma.
Not really. You can't look left and right at the same time can you?

This is really one of the exceptionally rare occasions where it's either or.

If your God is all-powerful and created everything, that means he would have to create the good and the bad. If he didn't create the bad, then he is not all powerful. Are you suggesting that we mere humans have a power great enough to challenge your God?

Quote:
God has created a place where evil can be perpetrated and creatures with the 'free will' to commit sin. God does not cause any creature to sin.
This is all quite circular tiget. Once again it predisposes us to the fact that either God is all-powerful or isn't. If he created people knowing that they'd sin and go to hell then he's pretty much an ass (because he is all-knowing, all-powerful and all everything right?). Since your God is all knowing and all powerful, that means he knew when he created some beings that they would sin and go to hell. If he didn't know or didn't create sin then he is not all-knowing or powerful.

Quote:
Now, God would appear to be open to indictment due to God's sovereignty over all creation. In other words, it would appear that God is complicit in evil acts because God presumably stands back and allows evil acts to happen.

How many evil acts does God inevitably turn to use for ultimately good purposes?

Do we, as mere creatures, have an in depth knowledge of all that constitutes evil and all of God's purposes in dealing with evil?

In order to indict God, one would have to be God.

We, as creatures, can choose to hate the things that we don't understand. However, no matter how much some of us may wish it to be different, God is God and we're not.
In other words, our finite minds cannot see the infiniteness of God's greatness? Well if God can't seem to get his sh*t together without killing billions in the process, then he's not the type of guy I'd want to spend an eternity with or worship.

Quote:
And I don't care what you do. I include it in quotes to back up my points, as they do not come from my own imagination, as the arguments of evolutionists do.
See, this is why you aren't taken seriously. Did you forget to read that whole spill about using a book to prove a concept from the book? It doesn't matter if it came from your imagination or not. If you can't use other sources outside of what the book says to provide evidence, your SOL.

No point in even trying to rebut your evolutionist comment. In one ear out the other as they say?

Plus, you (or tiget) haven't even attempted to answer the OP.

What evidence do you bring for creation?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:28 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
If you want my opinion, both are are right. God came by a couple billion years ago and dropped a vial of life juice on the planet and it all evolved from there.

While I don't think that is the best explanation for how it all started, it's not an outright absurd position. It's different than the theory I have, but reasonable minds differ on the question of the origin of everything.

But the people who deny that evolution had anything to do with life as we know it today - the young earth folks, etc. Those people support a logically indefensible position.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Nope he is a universalist meaning even heathen like me who have dismissed your gawd, get a free pass?
This is not about the gospel according to Don Francisco.
The youtube song of Franscisco singing "Adam where are you" is a truth, and no one made you listen to it.
And I gave proof of creation -you and me and all that is- but you just breathed His name with His gift of breath stamped with His own brand name, "YH"- and blasphemed it back out again -"WH".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality