Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:37 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,723,577 times

Advertisements

I've read that some people believe that although heaven will be perfect, a sinless environment doesn't mean we can't sin. They say that Adam and Eve proved that; they lived in a sinless place, yet they sinned.

And Satan was originally a perfect being living in a perfect environment, in front of God himself. There was no sin in Heaven, and no sin in the universe, yet Satan sinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 04:41 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
HG. Now you're freaking me out. I thought I'd spend the rest of my life worring about not making it into the place because I'm an aweful sinner (a little paradox humor ), now you've got me worried that this whole thing can start all over again!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,723,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
HG. Now you're freaking me out. I thought I'd spend the rest of my life worring about not making it into the place because I'm an aweful sinner (a little paradox humor ), now you've got me worried that this whole thing can start all over again!
I am reading an excellent book entitled Heaven. It discusses this very topic and got me thinking.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:00 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,632,456 times
Quote:
I've read that some people believe that although heaven will be perfect, a sinless environment doesn't mean we can't sin.
That's a strange but interesting concept. Could you elaborate on your concept of what the nature of heaven would be? I'm not a believer but I'm wondering how people view their own personal existence in that perfect environment. Also, the basic concept of sin is important because it's central to the events in the Bible and the future of mankind. Do you have any thoughts about that as well? Thanks.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:39 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,199,513 times
"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)

No sin at all Amen!

Old 05-05-2007, 05:43 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,245,133 times
Heaven.. isn't that the beach! I've sinned many times on the beach

Old 05-05-2007, 05:47 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,098,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I am reading an excellent book entitled Heaven. It discusses this very topic and got me thinking.
Maybe sometimes we just read too much! Then we get off into territories that make us crazy, well at least some things make ME crazy, not you!

Let's see though, Lucifer was a beautiful angel who rebelled against God in a perfect heaven. So....(oh I hate to say this), but I guess it is possible for another angel or one who goes on to heaven after an earthly life could possibly want to take over and be in charge. But that would make him/her equal with Satan, right?

Oh...don't even want to go there.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:16 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
No, I don't believe there will be any sin in Heaven, it will be a perfect place with no devil to tempt us or deceive us or lie to us. We will spend all time worshiping Jesus and praising Him, no time for sin, thank the Lord!

Old 05-05-2007, 07:25 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,212,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)

No sin at all Amen!
My husband actually gave me a really good analogy for this
Pretend heaven is like a wedding reception everyone is dressed up really nice and you show up in Jeans you would fell uncomfortable. and then if you saw others in jeans what would you do? congregate to the jean section of this wedding.
knowing you are underdressed for the occassion you would feel uncomfortable to intermingle

Old 05-05-2007, 07:28 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,228,411 times
Man does retain his free will in Heaven but loses the capacity to sin. It is our salvation in Christ that allows both to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality