Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 04:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times

Advertisements

What was God Thinking: Have you SEEN an Angel?

Are they real?

And do we need both?

Angels Page

Angels and Demons: Angel of Mercy Print from Zazzle.com.au

Ying Yang makes good and evil which just enough compliments each other. Also attracting each other. Perhaps this is why we as humans are attracted to good and bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 04:44 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,164 times
Good and bad are defined by society, and have nothing to do with the existence of angels or demons or anything else supernatural.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:10 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
I don't know that we need the bad in order for the good to exist per se, but we definitely need opposites of all kinds in order to recognize the difference between them. If we had never experienced illness, we would have little appreciation of the blessing of good health. Without having ever known disappointment, we would not be able to fully know the joy of success. The list goes on and on.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't know that we need the bad in order for the good to exist per se, but we definitely need opposites of all kinds in order to recognize the difference between them. If we had never experienced illness, we would have little appreciation of the blessing of good health. Without having ever known disappointment, we would not be able to fully know the joy of success. The list goes on and on.
I fully enjoy life, without ever having been dead.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:50 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I fully enjoy life, without ever having been dead.
Yes, but you'll enjoy death even more, after the roller coaster ride we call life. Not to be morbid, and I am in no rush to be dead, but I do rather look forward to it, because it will be the ultimate travel destination. And where were you before you were born?

Anyway, I was getting ready to say what Katzpur said--I totally agree.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
What I was also getting at you need good spirits and bad spirits to balance out life...the whole angel and demon on your shoulder thing.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times
I don't believe we need the bad with the good. We are created perfect and the only reason we do bad things is bacause we are taught to do them by others (parents, friends, etc) who have done them. If our first parents had not sinned, we would not know evil or bad. Our world would probably be Heaven on Earth right now if not for that. There is no bad or evil when a planet is in Light and Life. Only good.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes, but you'll enjoy death even more, after the roller coaster ride we call life. Not to be morbid, and I am in no rush to be dead, but I do rather look forward to it, because it will be the ultimate travel destination. And where were you before you were born?

Anyway, I was getting ready to say what Katzpur said--I totally agree.
No, I won't enjoy being dead. There is no afterlife, there is only non-existence after death, exactly the same as it was before birth. I didn't "enjoy" the time before birth either, because I simply didn't exist.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
MercuryCougar wrote:
Quote:
No, I won't enjoy being dead. There is no afterlife, there is only non-existence after death, exactly the same as it was before birth. I didn't "enjoy" the time before birth either, because I simply didn't exist.
That's the same way I feel. In order to enjoy something you have to have a conscious mind, in other words, a physical functioning brain. That's where all of the input from our senses is sorted out and experienced by all of us. Once your brain stops functioning due to bodily death that's the end of enjoyment, pain, or any conscious feeling.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM

173 posts, read 609,891 times
How can you appriciate the good, without having the bad?

Take a warm summer day, it's warm outside and you have to cross a road and then a field to get to your house.

The road is made of stone, and it hurts your feet to walk on.

The field is made of grass, and it feels great to walk on it. Makes you want to run to your house.

--------------

Next take a hospital, the one you love is right now in a critical condition and is being operated (Car accident). Yesterday you were angry at him, because he didn't go get the material the kids needed for their school work.

He gets out of the operation, and you get to hear that he is stable.

Two days later he wakes up, and you get to talk with him again.

If the accident wouldn't have happened. You would have been angry at it for a longer time. Thanks to the accident, you notice what an amazing person you share your life with.

We would be obliviouse to most of theese things, until we're about to lose them. There is no pleasure without pain, there is no good without evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality