Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,980,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well obviously the Bush administrations policy of abstinence in Africa didn't work, as there are 76 million unwanted births per year...Something had to be done. This money will provide education and access to birth control and deal with the many other health problems women have in Africa...

It's good that you send money to Africa Tom, but there are billions needed, and the little bit you I and others like us can send is like one drop in an ocean. Think about it, over 1,400 women per day die because of complications in child birth, not to mention the thousands of children born into abject poverty daily.

It's easy to criticize, but I'll ask you again...What do you think should be done?

The problems in Africa are overwhelming, yet much of this can be traced to the moral decline. And maybe that is why an atheist makes this observation.

Atheist: The problems in Africa cannot be solved with aid money alone, but Africans need to know God, contends an atheist journalist and former politician.

Consider the link below.

Atheist: Africa Needs God, Not Only Aid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,512,595 times
Most Africans are theist.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:05 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The problems in Africa are overwhelming, yet much of this can be traced to the moral decline. And maybe that is why an atheist makes this observation.

Atheist: The problems in Africa cannot be solved with aid money alone, but Africans need to know God, contends an atheist journalist and former politician.

Consider the link below.

Atheist: Africa Needs God, Not Only Aid
You are continuing to claim that the funds are solely for abortions when I have demonstrated that is untrue.

I asked what you think would solve the crisis, and all you come up with is they need to know God...Tell me how specifically knowing god will save this needless waste of 76 million lives a year.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:44 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,050,927 times
Quote:
Well, if you feel ok with a president who is sending millions of American dollars overseas so woman can kill off their unborn children by abortion. Than what can I say? If that makes you feel comfortable, will you feel the same way when you stand before God someday? How will you explain to Him, why all those children had to die? What kind of hatred allows the innocent to be murdered in such a way? I don't want to see any harm come to our president. Yet, I cannot ignore the millions that will die becasue of his policies. God values all life, and not just the one's you believe are worthy.
What makes me really sad is women having more children then they can care for, who live in poverty, who can't afford to send the children they have to school or feed them properly or get them medical help. Those things make me sad. People who live without proper drainage and who's children walk around barefoot and live in squalor.

And when I was a child and my parents among others got the ACLU and took on the public school where I lived to get them to stop teaching religion and won they were told the same thing...." You will stand before another Judge"

Christians have a very narrow outlook on life. Life is not always black and white, there are many shades of grey.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,126,623 times
Quote:
Consider this link below:

christian-missionary-atrocities

Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
What makes me really sad is women having more children then they can care for, who live in poverty, who can't afford to send the children they have to school or feed them properly or get them medical help. Those things make me sad. People who live without proper drainage and who's children walk around barefoot and live in squalor.

And when I was a child and my parents among others got the ACLU and took on the public school where I lived to get them to stop teaching religion and won they were told the same thing...." You will stand before another Judge"

Christians have a very narrow outlook on life. Life is not always black and white, there are many shades of grey.
So your answer is to kill them. Well that's a shade of grey I will never accept. And when you stop the teaching of God, I guess that will be the only answer you will be left with. And I believe those who revert to murder as a solution, are really the one's with the narrow minds.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Good catch. I never thought of it that way, '58! I was enticed by a ravenously attractive dark-haired girl when I was at The Evil University once. After that, I became an atheist....

Hmmm... I wonder.....

As for me, I'm way ahead of your God. He's not my equal, because he's just a myth. I, however, am directly responsible for my actions and my votes. I used to be a Republican, but Bush's mindless Christian biases forever excommunicated Christian Republicans from any future vote of mine. Not to mention that old-tyme Republicans also seem to believe that the "free market will take care of everything", but only if they get their several pounds of flesh first.

Then, their brainless ideas of the role of science? Their denial of support for research that can and will eliminate truly awful diseases? They'd have us back in the Stone Age, with Cardinal Cretchbak at the helm...

As for mindless, flippant abortions of convenience, Tom, I'm with you on this one, partly. While a woman should have some control over her own body, the casual use of abortions in Western culture for a handy birth control method is an abomination. Otherwise, for health reasons, or in the case of rape, incest, it's completely rational. Simplistic laws against abortion per se are typical of mindless, unthinking dogma.

A lot of those overseas funds are actually going to AIDS research, and to solving the real issue: over-population. Alone amongst animals on this planet, man does not respond to nutritional stress (starvation) by curtailing reproductive behavior. If we humans can crawl together, we'll welp out a few more, exacerbating the problem.

Those "Save The Children" missionaries? They're only feeding the problem, helping the little gippers get healthy enough to breed up some more mouths to feed. Meantime, those same missionaries are also brain-washing them kids soz they are dedicated little acolytes in their adult years.

Right on, cleatis. The BRCR* team Stone-aged us pretty good, huh?

(*Bush-Rumsfeldt-Cheney-Rice)
When two armies come to battle, they are usually found together on the front line. And they are found together, because they oppose each other. Demons have no problem with non believers, because they are alreaedy lost.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Consider this link below:

christian-missionary-atrocities
Jesus alread told us you would know true Christian by their works. It should be obvious, that those who murder and kill, are Christian in name only.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 AM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
So Campbell, I asked you how your would solve the problem, and you said they need God. Well, God obviously cannot or will not help. Any real ideas?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are continuing to claim that the funds are solely for abortions when I have demonstrated that is untrue.

I asked what you think would solve the crisis, and all you come up with is they need to know God...Tell me how specifically knowing god will save this needless waste of 76 million lives a year.
Any amount of money is to much. Not one dollar should go to pay for an abortion, unless it's to save the life of the mother.

The Atheist is trying to tell you, that Africans that become Christian have a different mindset then the Africans around them. They believe that sex is to be kept within the marriage, and family is to be protected. They do not take drugs, and they live with a moral view that keeps them free of some of the diseases that are so common in much of the other Africans. Also, Christians are free of the tribal midset that keeps so many other tribal members locked in ignorance.

Let me give you an example. A guy I knew by the name of Bill, came back from Africa some years ago. He had spent two years working for the Peace Core. While there, he was trying to get trucks filled with food to one of the villages. One of their trucks got stuck in the mud, and they were unable to push it out. Now with all this going on, a crowd of villagers began to assemble. And the more his people tried to get the truck out of the mud, the more the villagers began to laught at them. The food was for the villagers, yet not even one of them offered to help. His people were nearly exhausted, and were about to give up. When suddenly, another group of villagers walked up to them, and began to help them push the truck out of the mud. Within a very short period of time, the truck was free to continue. The other villagers that helped them, turned out to be Christians. And as Christians, they did not have that tribal mindset that keeps much of Africa in it's present condition. Governent programs and money will only go so far. And unless Africa has a change in it's thinking, and in it's heart, history will only contiue to repeat itself. And that atheist sees what the Christian Gospel can do for Africa, if it's people imbrace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality