Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So Campbell, I asked you how your would solve the problem, and you said they need God. Well, God obviously cannot or will not help. Any real ideas?
God will help those who love Him. Yet the world is Hell bent on opposing GOD. And the more a people oppose Him, the less blessing they will receive from Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
If only this wasn't so tragic this could be hilarious. Unfortunately there is little to laugh about with mental illness and a delusion so ingrained that logic and common sense have long left the building....

This forum really never ceases to amaze me. One more mention of Satan and Obama in the same breath and I think we'll have an asylum full of perfect candidates.

And facile, glib statements about AIDS in Africa are pretty ignorant as well as ill judged, insensitive and holier than thou.

Some people need to get out and about once in a while and actually explore the issues armed with experience, an open mind and meet some of those people being judged remotely . I would suggest spending a couple of years in the bush armed with a conscience, empathy and a sense of understanding rather than with a bible and a mind so closed not even micro-particles could reach it....

Issues like abortion and AIDS are emotive but still deserve a little more respect than being seized on as "moral" crusades by people with all the empathy of comatose gnats. These are grown up issues and should be subject to a rational and intellectual discourse not to some hare brained notion borne out of religious intolerance and preconceptions.

If God is love how come so few of his followers have the courage of their convictions and follow in his/her footsteps... come to think of it how come a loving deity allows some of the murders, rapes, wars, poverty, natural disasters , exploitation etc... Why would any disease exist, any earthquakes happen ? Very little free will involved in those mass murders not even remotely connected to a human being. Why would God create a mosquito knowing it would kill millions every year ? Of course I forgot there is a mysterious plan so complex even his/her most advanced of creations can't understand...

A God which can perform miracles ( so I am told) has a pretty poor records when it actually comes to loving his/her children... Free will, what a marvellous get out clause. His/Her Lawyers must be patting themselves on the back for that marvel of ingenuity....

I just feel terribly sad and depressed that a Medieval mentality could still be in existence.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God will help those who love Him. Yet the world is Hell bent on opposing GOD. And the more a people oppose Him, the less blessing they will receive from Him.
Sorry, but that is no answer at all...I asked what YOU think will help the women and children of Africa...Did you know that 75% of young women in sub-sahara Africa have aids...Have you any real solutions other than criticizing Obama for trying to help?....As I said, your god if he exists, has abandoned these people I suppose the same way he abandoned Native Americans long ago when they were almost wiped out by smallpox.

In large part I blame the Bush administration's christian abstinence policies for exacerbating the problem..(Bush cut off this aid and suggested that they refrain from sex). God didn't help then, so what makes you think your impotent god will help now?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
So your answer is to kill them. Well that's a shade of grey I will never accept. And when you stop the teaching of God, I guess that will be the only answer you will be left with. And I believe those who revert to murder as a solution, are really the one's with the narrow minds.

My answer is to help them, feed them, cloth them, and to give them choices for their own lives. You and I don't live in abject poverty so you and I have no idea what its like......

Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Are you seriously saying they people live in poverty do so because they aren't christian????

Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Wow that represents a huge amount of paranoia and disconnect from reality.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The problems in Africa are overwhelming, yet much of this can be traced to the moral decline. And maybe that is why an atheist makes this observation.

Atheist: The problems in Africa cannot be solved with aid money alone, but Africans need to know God, contends an atheist journalist and former politician.

Consider the link below.

Atheist: Africa Needs God, Not Only Aid
Folks in Africa don't need your Christian religion. They are fully capable of choosing to be what they want to be and most Africans do practice religion its just not only Christianity.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
When two armies come to battle, they are usually found together on the front line. And they are found together, because they oppose each other. Demons have no problem with non believers, because they are alreaedy lost.

Non Christians are not lost they just believe differently then you..... I worship the same God as you do, use the tanakh/old testament. Christians are not the only folks who believe in God....

Old 11-30-2009, 10:40 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
The problems in Africa are overwhelming, yet much of this can be traced to the moral decline. And maybe that is why an atheist makes this observation.

Atheist: The problems in Africa cannot be solved with aid money alone, but Africans need to know God, contends an atheist journalist and former politician.

Consider the link below.

Atheist: Africa Needs God, Not Only Aid
Are you kidding Tom? Africa, like the Americas, were just fine until the Europeans came with their god, guns and swords. The Muslims finished the job in Northern Africa, BTW.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:04 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
When two armies come to battle, they are usually found together on the front line. And they are found together, because they oppose each other. Demons have no problem with non believers, because they are alreaedy lost.
Hmm I thought your jesus leaves the 99 and personally goes out and seeks the 1 lost? Seems like you have no real defense of your deemuns as that is the foundation of your belief.

Only theists have problems with imaginary friends and foes, atheists do not believe in them and thus they do not bother us as they are not real. Your mind creates both your invisible friends and foes. Everything that is a human weakness has been elevated to a spirit in your faith, like the spirit of poverty, the spirit of lust et al.

All these spirits are man-made and hence only believers in these myths are open to their alleged influences, I guess that makes the gullible easy targets for them munsters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality