Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:49 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
we know that the sun is more than 100 times bigger then the earth ,
that means some of its light should hit the other half of earth and some of the light should go above the the earth and some of the light should go below the earth

is my philosophy right or wrong?

I believe you should acquaint yourself with the concept of bending...and how rays of light don't do it. Of course the light from the sun emanates 24 hours a day. But it doesn't bend around the Earth so that the far side can see it.

Honestly, one begins to wonder how late you must stay up at night to come up with questions like this (unless, of course, all that light is keeping you from falling asleep).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I believe you should acquaint yourself with the concept of bending...and how rays of light don't do it. Of course the light from the sun emanates 24 hours a day. But it doesn't bend around the Earth so that the far side can see it.

Honestly, one begins to wonder how late you must stay up at night to come up with questions like this (unless, of course, all that light is keeping you from falling asleep).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
thank you all.

i wanted you to help me in highlighting a verse in the quran that has a scientific sign regarding the sun and it is light.

and i hope you do agree that the verses do have a scientfic facts.

The distance between the Earth and the Sun 150 million km on average .
if you go up for more than 200 km then the light of sun will disappear

that because the vast majority of sun rays are invisible
and The visible ray of the sun will not be seen until it hits the atmosphere at daytime

so the daytime show the light of sun

this fact is pointed in the Quran 1400 years ago in Sura #91 called Ash-Shams (the sun) in verse 3

1 By the Sun and his (glorious) splendour;
2 By the Moon as she follows him;
3 By the Day as it shows up (the Sun's) glory;
4 By the Night as it conceals it;
5 By the Firmament and its (wonderful) structure;
6 By the Earth and its (wide) expanse:
7 By the Soul, and the proportion and order given to it;
8 And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right;-
9 Truly he succeeds that purifies it,
10 And he fails that corrupts it!
my aim was to show the scientific signs in the Quran.

may be some hearts would be unlocked.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
This tread bring to mind one of my favorite Dilbert strips.

http://tinyurl.com/yf5q2mu

From The Dilbert Principle by Scott Adams :
Quote:
The Master of the Obvious believes that while he was studying the writings of Plato, Sir Isaac Netwon, and Peter Drucker, the rest of the planet was watching "Three's Company" and eating Oreos. The "Master" feels a responsibility to share his wisdom at every opportunity. He knows that any concept -- no matter how mundane it might seem to him -- will be a cosmic revelation to the raisin-brains around him.

The favored lines of the Master of the Obvious (delivered with great conviction) include:
  • "You need customers in order to have revenue!"
  • "Profit is the difference between Income and Expense."
  • "Training is essential."
  • "There is competition in the industry."
  • "It's important to retain your good employees."
  • "We want a win-win solution."
The secret to being a convincing Master of the Obvious is to combine condescension with sincerity. Your audience must believe that you genuinely wonder how other people can manage to dress themselves and make it to work every day on the first try. And it must seem as though you care. You can practice for this role while you're alone. All you need is a common table lamp. Lean toward the lamp and repeatedly explain why "electricity is essential" to the illumination process. Continue to restate the thought in different ways. Try to develop a stammer or at least an annoying habit of pausing to think of the right word. Keep practicing until you can make a bulb burn out just by talking to it.

Last edited by PanTerra; 02-14-2010 at 12:14 PM..

Old 06-18-2010, 09:18 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
But Protons will unify the atmosphere of the Earth to the full totality of the Sun, like the rest of the human race.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Earthlings have not measured it, tested it, or visited it; and men who make claims about what they cannot test, handle, or examine inside and out are foolish indeed.
Yet you make so many claims about a god that you cannot test, handle, or examine inside and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blain20 View Post
Do you really know how many kinds of animals there are? You also mentioned lions, tigers, and mountain lions. Those are all felines. Knock that down to one master feline race, please.
Evolution proven then!!

Well I've finally waded through this thread and it has totally changed my views. Whilst I have always believed that people should be allowed to believe what the hell they want, I now believe that some people should be locked away.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:22 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well I've finally waded through this thread and it has totally changed my views. Whilst I have always believed that people should be allowed to believe what the hell they want, I now believe that some people should be locked away.
One of the funniest comments ever. Sadly, it's also so very true, huh? (IMHO...)

Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM

285 posts, read 297,892 times
if your mean is the space ( out of earth atmosphere), because there is no enough gas molecule to reflex sun light and if your mean is the earth, a bit of sun light reflex in the atmosphere at night and if it was,'t so the environment would be more darker than present, as animals wasn't able see anywhere at night too.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:21 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default This is a VERY old thread, btw!

Animals can see at night, but only because of light reflected from the moon, or at the least, by the dim light coming from far-distant suns (i.e.: stars). This is best when there's snow on the ground.

And in the polar regions here, the two Auroral phenomena can provide some light to see by when they are very active. I've experienced that one myself in the northern Arctic regions!

Plus, such nocturnal (i.e.: night-active) animals have very well-evolved & specialized eye structures that capture every possible photon.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 AM

285 posts, read 297,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Animals can see at night, but only because of light reflected from the moon, or at the least, by the dim light coming from far-distant suns (i.e.: stars). This is best when there's snow on the ground.

And in the polar regions here, the two Auroral phenomena can provide some light to see by when they are very active. I've experienced that one myself in the northern Arctic regions!

Plus, such nocturnal (i.e.: night-active) animals have very well-evolved & specialized eye structures that capture every possible photon.
Yes I agree , even mostly animals are able see things and views under Infera-red and violet-ray lights. In addition we must count stars light too but if there wasn't any atmosphere around the earth , our planet was so darker than present time and also it beget a failure in the animal's sight, as beyond the moon is thus and there , shadows are very hard and dark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality