Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 PM

392 posts, read 559,754 times

Advertisements

I Part One is seen in the six seals being broken

II Part Two is seen in the seventh seal, which contains the seven trumpets being sounded.

III Part Three is seen in seventh trunpet, which contains the seven vials or bowls of God's wrath.

So the seventh seal is a culmination of all the seven trumpets, while the seventh trumpet contains the seven vials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 02:16 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
You might be interested in this link that talks about the history behind the writers of this book, which was rewritten and not the actual account from John.

Quote:
John's message to James E. Padgett:

My writings have been added to, and all kinds of grotesque imagery interpolated, so that the whole design and purpose of my writings was changed and destroyed. The present Book of Revelation is only a mere allegory of some one or more writers who were gifted with some knowledge of the Christian teachings, and who had exotic imaginations. This present book is of no value. On the contrary, it is doing much harm to the cause of the Truth as taught by the Master, as we who are in the Celestial Heavens, and who have knowledge of things heavenly, as well as things earthly, know to be the fact. It should not be accepted as a Truth or the revelation of Truths, nor should it be believed in for any purpose. It has led many good men and honest and earnest seekers after the Truth astray, and it has caused them to believe and teach false doctrines, that have resulted in much darkness and stagnation in the development of human souls in their longings for the Truth. So I say, let men entirely discard its teachings, and any and all lessons that the preachers, or others who think that they can understand its meaning, attempt to teach.

The writings that I gave to my people, of the kind mentioned, have long ago served their purpose. And the writings called Revelation contain in them no truth that will help mankind to the Heavenly Kingdom, or to their eternal happiness and at-onement with the Father. Let them die the death of a falsehood, born out of time.

The Book of Revelation is No Longer the Original Text That John the Apostle Wrote (http://tinyurl.com/ykjo4ca - broken link)

Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post

II Part Two is seen in the seventh seal, which contains the seven trumpets being sounded.

III Part Three is seen in seventh trunpet, which contains the seven vials or bowls of God's wrath.

So the seventh seal is a culmination of all the seven trumpets, while the seventh trumpet contains the seven vials.

I find it impossible to believe that intelligent people talk about this gibberish like it really has meaning. John was in exile, having delusions and dying when this collection of meaningless yammering was recorded.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:04 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I find it impossible to believe that intelligent people talk about this gibberish like it really has meaning.
I agree. It's mind boggling. Here we are in 2010, we put a man on the moon, we perform surgery on brains, we build computers the size of a pinhead, we build telescopes to look deep into space....yet 12th century mythology dominates our lives.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post

Point?

Old 01-03-2010, 06:38 PM

118 posts, read 180,835 times
I always viewed Revelations as visions about the wrath from God towards those that don't speak the truth about Jesus, and the inevitable future to them that don't repent, which a lot of them won't.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
I always viewed Revelations as visions about the wrath from God towards those that don't speak the truth about Jesus, and the inevitable future to them that don't repent, which a lot of them won't.
Jesus was just another normal man who had a talent for using the power of suggestion coupled with a magic act which couldn't even make a single marquee in Las Vegas Nevada. Walking on water indeed! Water into wine indeed! Give me a break!

Virgin Birth and resurrection...BS!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
Methinks you will be better of discussing the dementia ramblings of a psychedelic toad licking, mushroom eating, old man next door in the xian forum, they thrive on fantasy there and you will not get so many comments non-conducive to your equally self inflicted illusions of reality.

Next door they all got the answers, trouble is all their answers differ - go figure.

Have phun We heathen will leave you alone in your 7th century cavern.

I have a relative good condition, second hand time machine you might want to buy and go interview ol' John personally.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Jesus was just another normal man who had a talent for using the power of suggestion coupled with a magic act which couldn't even make a single marquee in Las Vegas Nevada. Walking on water indeed! Water into wine indeed! Give me a break!

Virgin Birth and resurrection...BS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0yz5Jo4Os
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality