Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 08:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

If God cannot protect you in his house, how can he protect you in your house or on your job? I ask this question only because the only person that was shot and killed on New Years Eve here was in CHURCH, not at a party, not in a bar, not downtown at the civic celebration.
I have had this debate with many Christians in the past because many seem to think that God controls things on Earth. I argue that God is not active in the day to day goings on here on Earth among mortals. He is a mere observer of what goes on. So praying for this, that and the other is a waste of time. The only legit prayer that God will act on is the prayer asking forgiveness and eternal life with Him. He will not answer prayers for things mortal. What do you think?
4-Year-Old Hit By Bullet At Church Dies - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:33 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,204 times
Just because a person dies on earth,what does that have to do with God protecting you? Everyone must die. We as humans think death on earth is a terrible thing. It is extremely sad for the loved ones that are left to grieve. That is for sure. But for the one who is taken,wouldn`t that be a good thing? I`ve told my friends and family when my time comes,don`t grieve for me. I will be at peace.
Some cultures actually celebrate death. That is something I always found peculiar about christians. If they are saved from an accident or from an illness,they are so happy. Talking about how God is a great God and answered their prayers and saved them. Like they didn`t want to go to be with the Lord. They would rather stay here on earth then get to heaven. They would rather stay with their family and friends here than go be with the one they are supposed to desire more than all.
My heart goes out to the family and friends who will miss their loved one. But to the one taken..I say they are much better off. They are finally at peace and out of this sinful world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality