Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,841,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Seriously! If you are to believe christians who say that all babies go to heaven, then I would have been better off never having been born. As it is now, I am unable to believe in god (even though I'd like to), and because of this I will supposedly burn in hell forever. Which is the better option? Getting aborted in the fetal stage (where I won't remember anything anyway), and going straight to heaven for eternity? Or living out my life for 70-80 years and then spending eternity in hell? What's a measly 70-80 years compared to eternity? I don't remember anything from before I was born anyway. Shouldn't christians look at abortion as the humane thing to do? They're actually saving souls rather than having the unwanted babies born into possible poverty and then potentially suffering in hell at the end of their lives.
But if all the babies get aborted, who will they scare into paying tithes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,943,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Seriously! If you are to believe christians who say that all babies go to heaven, then I would have been better off never having been born. As it is now, I am unable to believe in god (even though I'd like to), and because of this I will supposedly burn in hell forever. Which is the better option? Getting aborted in the fetal stage (where I won't remember anything anyway), and going straight to heaven for eternity? Or living out my life for 70-80 years and then spending eternity in hell? What's a measly 70-80 years compared to eternity? I don't remember anything from before I was born anyway. Shouldn't christians look at abortion as the humane thing to do? They're actually saving souls rather than having the unwanted babies born into possible poverty and then potentially suffering in hell at the end of their lives.

Exactly. This question has been asked a bunch of times to hell believers and still..... no answer. Just one more nail in the coffin of "eternal torment". I don't think there is much room for any more nails...

Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 AM

16,714 posts, read 15,716,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
..... In cases of rape and incest, or those that put the mothers life in danger, by all means. .....
If a person believes that abortion is murder, why does it make it OK if the pregnancy results from rape or incest?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,406,688 times
I think you are exactly right. And in fact the NT warns christians not to have children, and if possible abstain from marriage and not even produce the little darlings (marriage is a concession due to our appetite for the sex act). Kids are a crap shoot. One never knows what one is making-like a box of chocolates, one never knows what one gets; a serial killer, politician, crooked used car salesman, some one bitter over not being aborted, inept contractors, a terrorist, meth head, crack *****, lawyer, dirt bag, meat cutter with thumb on scale, crooked cop, alcoholic, that guy who picks his nose at work, that girl who never takes a bath, pedophiles, hen pecked husbands, losers, hustlers, snobs, american idol contestants, commies, animal lovers, vegetarians-did I leave out anyone? I always tell christians they are just populating hell bringing all their little bundle of joys into the world-not a friend maker method. I never heard a preacher warn the beaming wanna be parents of such a possibility. Evidently most think their little darlings won't be like all those suckie other children. It would be fine sending them all to heaven-it would make the roads less crowded.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM

11,289 posts, read 11,057,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If a person believes that abortion is murder, why does it make it OK if the pregnancy results from rape or incest?
You're right, I guess it doesn't. For the die hard anti abortionists, I believe they still consider it murder. My personal opinion is that there are some exceptions to the rule. I do not believe that everything has to be black and white.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,649,719 times
To the OPer, live your life to the fullest and be happy for what you want to do in this life. Do not try to please others if you have doubts about it as it'll bring you more sorrow. Live for today and not worry about what may or may not happen to you after passing.

If worse comes to worse and there is a Christian god, it's still not too late to repent when you are in front of the pearly gates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality