Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM

27 posts, read 37,440 times

Advertisements

while many people no longer remember, at one time our ancestors had thier own gods, instead of the generic versions we have today.

did your people not believe in them?
are these new gods better?
did your ancestors not love and believe in them as thier true god or gods?
have you allowed the gods of those who conquered you to replace them?

how easy we forget that at one time Quetzalcoatl was loved and offered unquestionable faith. we allowed the people that conquered us to replace our gods with our own.
we have allowed ourselves to be decieved, did our faith fade away as the years past by? as yours will one day. will your childrens, children, forget the names of your god? or will they be conquered and follow the one that is given to them, as we have.
the cross is not our symbol.
before you claim your faith is all you need, remember that many have come befor you and have done the same, only the names of thier gods was different.
[SIZE=5]QUETZALCOATL[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 07:07 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUETZALCOATL View Post
while many people no longer remember, at one time our ancestors had thier own gods, instead of the generic versions we have today.

how easy we forget that at one time Quetzalcoatl was loved and offered unquestionable faith. we allowed the people that conquered us to replace our gods with our own.
we have allowed ourselves to be decieved, did our faith fade away as the years past by? as yours will one day. will your childrens, children, forget the names of your god? or will they be conquered and follow the one that is given to them, as we have.
the cross is not our symbol.
before you claim your faith is all you need, remember that many have come befor you and have done the same, only the names of thier gods was different.
[SIZE=5]QUETZALCOATL[/SIZE]
He certainly is preferable to the human-sacrificing Aztec gods . . . almost Jesus-like.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
Quetzalcoatl is just as valid as any other, IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUETZALCOATL View Post

So which pantheon of imaginary friends would you suggest I follow? I've got Scandinavian blood, Irish blood, German blood, and goodness knows what else.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
What? Your people? Who uses that phrase in a serious manner anymore? I personally don't 'have people'.....I have some cats, but I don't know their gods....God of Meow Mix maybe?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:48 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,856,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
What? Your people? Who uses that phrase in a serious manner anymore? I personally don't 'have people'.....I have some cats, but I don't know their gods....God of Meow Mix maybe?

Ah yes, Mousie, the god of small meals.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:18 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
A poster on my previous board suggested I prayed to Milk Jugg (She spells it Jug, the bloody heretic) and after praying to all 90 gods on my list the proportion of prayers most answered went to Jugg and I have stuck with that. I mean, you can't argue with statistical proof, can you (rends garment)?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:31 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
What? Your people? Who uses that phrase in a serious manner anymore?
We do. We Comanches still refer to ourselves as a distinct people.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
I thought about worshipping Odin because the thought of wenching, pillaging and quaffing large mugs of mead sounds appealing to me, but my wife won't let me.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,171 times
My people are human. I have returned to my first god.
It is the human imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality