Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:48 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So why do we link them.

Proof of aliens might dispel some of the religions and beliefs out there but it does not really prove or disprove God or subtract anything from the "God exists" argument.

It seems like religion is an "emotional issue" but God is a "belief" for us.
how do you know this!!! god might be a very addvanced alien life form

here's one of my theories..

i would like to know what the hell are we all going to do in heaven for eternity.. 60 percent of me believes in some sort of life after death. but not the life that the holy scriptures speak of.. i don't believe in just one all governig god that always was and created all the mater in all the univeres.. it's the other way around in my book. all mater in all universes,dementions, space time, has always existed.. gods are just addvanced intelligent lifeforms that have evolved like all other things that change in time.. if we humans were not so greedy and selfish we to thru technowlogy could become gods as a species over long periods of time...but i truly doubt that we can make it in an organic phyisical mater as a whole!!!! we will annihilate our species before we even get out of the womb

the universe is estimated to be 4.7 billion light years old based upon the expanding mater, galaxies, big bang theory.. so just that number would suggest to me that their are numorous intelligent lifeforms that are billions of years more addvaced than say us humans.. so now imagine intelligent life forms that are googolplexes of years ahead of us humans. now we are talking gods!!! those advanced life forms have learned to manipulate time and space to suit there needs,, but even they are bound to the laws of infinity. and would be considered specks in a demention that is bigger than any lifeform, {god} could even comprehend..

when we die as individuals we enter another demention and the real maze begins.. but as a species as a whole we are doomed, never pull it off!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
UFOs are here for a reason.

And when we hear of Alien abductions today.

Actually, not so much "today". People's fantasy crusade de jur right now is focused on runaway Priuses. Odd, isn't it, that these vehicles only do this once it's in the public eye? Sorta like religious fervor on aliens, weeping Christ images and answered prayers. Mob feeding-frenzy mentality at it's most apparent!

This is planting in the minds of earths population, that such an abduction, would be possible.

Exactly right Tom. "Planting in the minds", a common Christian tactic.

The Biblical God tells us, that a great day of deception will fall upon the earth in the last days. And it would occur around the time we see the Jewish people return to the land of Israel, and Jerusalem. It should come as no surprise, that around the year 1948 is when we first started getting the numerous reports of UFO activity. And it was in the year 1948, when Israel became a nation.
As for increased-frequency 1948 reports, there's absolutely no indication of an increase then, versus in the mid-60s following Roswell, when everyone was reporting abductions, just like everyone who owns a Prius now seems to be losing control.... Did Jesus mean to surface in New Mexico? I doubt it; hardly paradise out there.

I know you'd like to claim a timely coincidence of alien abduction reports along with Israel's formation, but it just ain't so Tom. Your personal wishful beliefs do not jive with reality no matter how often you click your red shoes together.

Now of course, if you have documented credible proof in a link on this supposed coincidence, please do provide it. I'm betting not, and that you'll ignore my request for your source proof.

Otherwise, as per the OP, alien abductions: if they have occurred, they have absolutely nothing to do with your particular God myth. Except in your hopeful mind.

Those danged aliens are simply checking up on their "grande" DNA-life-Evolution experiment. Ever since that darned dinosaur extinction thing, what with those uncontrolled meteorites and all, it's been a bit of a crap shoot for the first few million years of man's existence. But now we've really become parasitic, selfish, arrogant and potentially lethal organisms as regards the survival of the rest of the universe. If anything, the aliens may have to "spray"' for us in a while, if we don't smarten up.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
cruxan: You got your figures wrong. The Earth (and Solar System) are estimated to be about 4.7 billion years old. The Universe is about 14 billion years old. I agree with your argument, though, precisely because the Universe is so much older than the Earth. There are likely much more advanced civilizations out there somewhere. Just look at how far we came in the last 100 years, and imagine another inhabited planet 10,000 years ahead of us. Those beings would think of us as incredibly primitive.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:56 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
cruxan: You got your figures wrong. The Earth (and Solar System) are estimated to be about 4.7 billion years old. The Universe is about 14 billion years old. I agree with your argument, though, precisely because the Universe is so much older than the Earth. There are likely much more advanced civilizations out there somewhere. Just look at how far we came in the last 100 years, and imagine another inhabited planet 10,000 years ahead of us. Those beings would think of us as incredibly primitive.
i stand corrected about the age of the universe it's 6 thousand years old just kidding!!, forgot that the uiveres is 13.75 billion i get more 4.5 billion years than 4.7 for the earth but whats a few hundred million years ahh

well the older it is the more it would back up my theory.. just look how far we've come with technology in just the past 60 years or so, since the invention of the transistor. with an estimated 100 to 200 billion stars in the milkyway galaxy and another 200 billion galaxies in the visible univerese is mind boggling..the odds of life existing on only this planet are extraordinairie.. just imagine if we could go for a million years how addvanced we would become with technology.. but just the fact that the univese is almost 14 billion years old would suggest to me that there are life forms that are at least 10 billion years old, and that is only in the visible universe... what lies beyond is anybody's guess..

Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
For aliens to come to us, or us them for that matter, one side will have to develop FTL travel. Warp Drive. In 3000 years we have devolved from having civilian supersonic transport to barely adequate civilian subsonic air transportation. We will lose our low earth obrbital capacity in two years. Computer chips are now limited by the speed of light in silicon and the next generation technology is unknown. Robert Wilson postulates on 10,000 years being the limit for any civilization between self-awareness and nuclear annihilation. Harsh and hugely anthropomorphic but I suppose that is all he or any other human has to work with. I think we should spend more time trying to communicate with the sentient aliens on this very planet, the Cetaceans. Their viewpoint might be invaluable in making the leap from primate savage to interstellar explorer. If you get from that that I believe in aliens you would be right. I don't, however, believe that they skulk around nighttime suburbia and carry off startled citizenry for study aboard their mother ship. I believe they are locked in their own sectors of the Universe. The speed of light is bound to be an important barrier all across the Universe and it is likely that few have made the leap.

H

Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
For aliens to come to us, or us them for that matter, one side will have to develop FTL travel. Warp Drive. In 3000 years we have devolved from having civilian supersonic transport to barely adequate civilian subsonic air transportation.
boy, I agree! My first car, a Mini Cooper "S" ( a real one, not one of these current, comfy, reliable, air-conditioned, MP-3 equipped German fakers... Mine leaked oil and had ****-poor brakes, but boy did it go around corners!), was a lot faster than the cars are today!. We've surely devolved; SR-71s are a thing of the past, and now we've only got 1500 mph F-35s. what's up with that?

The speed of light assumes physical, Newtonian physics as a limitation. Gravity's "speed" is instantaneous, a problem that even Einstein could not resolve. That suggests some quantum reality, whereupon an action "here" directly and immediately affects a reaction "there", even if "there" is, say, 20 million physical light years away. The much-vaunted Abrahamic God didn't provide any good answers (not surprising, since He doesn't exist, IMHO, and those scientifically dumb-as-sand biblical authors had not even an fuzzy inkling about the true size of the universe), other than the rather unconvincing "Have faith, my son!"

So, yah never know; we may already exist in a parallel universe, just, let's say, 10 minutes ahead of where "we" are right now. If we speed things up here, perhaps we can meld our time- and physical-presence lines and cross over. Poof!

Or, alternately, we can go down to McDonalds and warp our stomachs. And coincidentally, our minds.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM

Default Just found this site...

I was dutifully following up on my request to C34 (which, in my past experiences with Tom I know he'll ignore), to see if there really were any correlations between the foundation of Israel (1948) and alien abduction occurrence frequencies. As he so confidently stated. There are none that I can see or find in over 1/2 hour of diligent focused searching on the net, but I did find this appalling site by Tim Unruh, wherein a host of documented silliness is presented. all of it speculative, assumptive and un-verified. Quite convincing, huh?

It even repeats that tiring nonsense about descriptions of dinosaurs in Job, where in fact God was only assuring Job that He could have made or done anything, that He was omnipotent: monsters, behemoths with tails like cedars, etc.; whales, giant trees, etc. A simple but careful read of Job in its entirety, which I did last month but apparently the fundies (or Tom) did not, clearly indicates that God wasn't actually describing any actual living animal, and yet, that's exactly how it's presented. In fervent hopes of mis-leading the less inquisitive reader.

Frantic desperation seeks it's own crazy levels, obviously.

But of course, it's also stated in this fantasy website that this is PROOF ABSOLUTE that dinosaurs co-existed with man. Odd that no-one else ever noted a massive herd of mass vegetation-gobbling Apatosaurs (the ten-ton Brontosaurs) loitering just outside of Jerusalem's city limits, huh? With those pesky T-Rexs chasing them for their lunch. Not to mention all of the other well-over 5000 known species, now documented, of dinosaur species, all requiring a specific ecosystem.

UFO-ALIEN ABDUCTION PHENOMENON by Tim Unruh

Hey! Maybe the God-Alien Satanists dropped them off but then, later, picked them back up when the Earthlings got suspicious.

I can see now where the fundamentalists get this nutball wack-job stuff. It's just so odd that they don't question ANY of it, no matter how implausible.

Well, there yah go! Credibility on display.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
,,. I agree! My first car, a Mini Cooper "S" ( a real one, not one of these current, comfy, reliable, air-conditioned, MP-3 equipped German fakers... Mine leaked oil and had ****-poor brakes, but boy did it go around corners!), was a lot faster than the cars are today!. We've surely devolved; SR-71s are a thing of the past, and now we've only got 1500 mph F-35s. what's up with that?
Barely a decade after the introduction of the Model T Ford (~1904?) to the masses they were being stripped, chopped and hot rodded to run 120mph on the salt flats at Bonneville. My fathers 1969 Plymouth Valiant could do 120mph but that wasn't advisable. Later cars considered 85mph a decent top speed in an age of 55mph national speed limits. Cars can once again go 120mph (downhill) and have the handling to feel secure at that speed. I don't know anywhere that has a speed limit over 75mph. A bit moot since I no longer drive much. The gas side of a Prius is bigger and more powerful than the engine of my 94 Honda Civic Wagon. I drove across the country twice in that Hondab with everything I owned at the time. Does the gas side of a parallel hybrid need to be 97 horsepower?? We humans are making all kinds of progress in developing products that make money for some but we are woefully lacking in the resources to develop useful technologies to take mankind into the future and/or keep humanity intact to make it to the next step.

H

Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 PM

239 posts, read 402,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The speed of light assumes physical, Newtonian physics as a limitation.
You mean relativistic physics right.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:23 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
We need a "paranormal" forum. 'nuff said.

I agree, except it should be called "paranormal/cyptozoology"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality