Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Human Evolution Evidence | Smithsonian Human Origins Program

After going over the material, could someone point out which species of humans would represent Adam and Eve?

Last edited by ovcatto; 04-08-2010 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Human Evolution Evidence | Smithsonian Human Origins Program

After going over the material, could someone point out which species of humans would represent Adam and Eve?
The first ones to attain our unique consciousness.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If that is the answer, then the prize goes to Neanderthal whose brain capacity was larger than modern humans, only problem is god apparently wasn't appreciative of that extra brain capacity and allowed his less endowed cousin to drive them into extinction.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If that is the answer, then the prize goes to Neanderthal whose brain capacity was larger than modern humans, only problem is god apparently wasn't appreciative of that extra brain capacity and allowed his less endowed cousin to drive them into extinction.
I would think that it was our unique consciousness that enabled us to outwit and eliminate our denser less aware cousins.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,469 times
Quote:
Consciousness? The only thing we have which other intelligent forms of life do not have is imagination. Primitive mankind's developing imagination is where all gods originated. Their inability to accept their mortality was why those who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it came up with the "god concept."

Religion is a carryover from the days when mankind's imagination came up with the wheel, the spear and the sail.

If the brainwashing of innocent, gullible infants and small children were to be declared a form of child abuse, which I belive it should be, I would give religion about three more generations. Then the world could get down to some serious pursuits, stop warring against one another and feed the starving. What this country spends on it's military and associated "diplomacy" could go a long way toward feeding the poor.

Last edited by Melvin.George; 04-09-2010 at 06:00 AM..

Old 04-09-2010, 07:03 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
I would think that it was our unique consciousness that enabled us to outwit and eliminate our denser less aware cousins.
Isn't that a little bit circular? If Adam was the first proper 'consiousness' that's the Neanderthals, by all evidence. So how did God allow him to be replaced by the consciousness mk II?
Simple, Mk II must have be the First consciousness even though the Mk I was.

Result. Facts don't matter, theory does.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Default After going over the material, could someone point out which species of humans would represent Adam and Eve?

Mitochondrial Eve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Um, it would be us. She would have been an African, probably looked a lot like a Sans bushman and lived around 150,000 to 200,000 years ago.

She also ate snakes rather than talk to them.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Default Like This? All Natural-like?

Consciousness = self-awareness = the ability to "see" oneself within a larger time and space framework of other animals, plants and inorganic realities on which we depend.

Oh. I see. Like I clearly saw and recognized in free-ranging polar bears sneaking up on seal breathing holes, muskrats hastily building huts out of sticks, squirrels storing inanimate things for the upcoming winter, and migrating geese picking good nest spots? Or fat guys arguing down in the bar about which is the best beer? Which leads to fist fights.... Very "intelligent" to be sure!

Gotcha!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Isn't that a little bit circular? If Adam was the first proper 'consiousness' that's the Neanderthals, by all evidence. So how did God allow him to be replaced by the consciousness mk II?
Simple, Mk II must have be the First consciousness even though the Mk I was.
Result. Facts don't matter, theory does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Consciousness = self-awareness = the ability to "see" oneself within a larger time and space framework of other animals, plants and inorganic realities on which we depend.

Oh. I see. Like I clearly saw and recognized in free-ranging polar bears sneaking up on seal breathing holes, muskrats hastily building huts out of sticks, squirrels storing inanimate things for the upcoming winter, and migrating geese picking good nest spots? Or fat guys arguing down in the bar about which is the best beer? Which leads to fist fights.... Very "intelligent" to be sure!

Gotcha!
CONCRETE animal awareness is ubiquitous and differs far more than in degree from our UNIQUE ABSTRACT consciousness. Someone mentioned imagination . . . that is a part of it. We are capable of imagining (in the complete absence of actual stimuli) and to prepare our bodies for actual encounters ahead of time . . . because the animal part of our make-up cannot distinguish between actual stimuli and imagined stimuli. Animals, however, despite their similar awareness (like Neanderthal) cannot do that. They are driven only by and react to the presence of actual stimuli.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Gotcha!
A german shepherd dog can catalog and recover randomly over 20,000 distinct odors. Like I said...the only thing mankind has that other intelligent animals does not is imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality