Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:28 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times

Advertisements

Just curious, no tricks or games.

To those of you who believe in God, but are not a Christian, why do you say no thanks to Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 09:35 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Nothing personal, but just that impersonal day I guess. An impersonal Jesus Christ I have learned to treat historically.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

To those of you who believe in God, but are not a Christian, why do you say no thanks to Jesus?
Why do you say no thanks to Buddah or Vishnu or Mohammed? Maybe it's because that's what you were brought up with and taught?

Ever think that there are many different beliefs and religions, and to many, Jesus and your religion are silly and they wonder why you believe in him and not in what they believe?

Isn't that the problem with religion, that everyone has their own beliefs and think their beliefs are the "true" beliefs, and death and destruction has been the result for thousands of years? Religion is a scurge on this world that has been the source of more suffering than anything else on earth.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Why do you say no thanks to Buddah or Vishnu or Mohammed? Maybe it's because that's what you were brought up with and taught?

I was raise in an atheistic jewish family

Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
I was raise in an atheistic jewish family
ok...then we have something in common

Old 05-01-2010, 10:45 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:

I believe in G-d not a man named Jesus..... Why is it so hard for folks to understand Christianity is not the only religion and not a "true and right" religion like they like to tell everyone. Many people have their belief systems and many people choose a religion based on what they believe. Many choose to stay with the religion they were brought up with and many walk away from the faith of origin.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:

i beleive that God has an unlimited amount of forms and names and that Jesus is either an expansion of one of those forms or a great mystic sage or a yogi or some holy man at the least-the reason why i dont folow christianity although i was brought up a christian is because their is very little knowledge about Jesus,He is a mystery and the bible barley brushes over His life also the eternal hell concepts that totally dont make any sense whatsoever-if you analyze the philosophy with an open mind and heart you will see their is no logic in it at all and it goes againsts God's good nature and if you's have got that wrong then who's to say what else has been missinterpreted .........to think Jesus is the ONLY way to God is a bit weird because after all God lets all these different people be born on this planet.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:28 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:

I say 'no thanks' because of a sincere desire to expand my horizons beyond the straighjacket of a single religious path.

When I was young, I went to church with my mother, every Sunday. That gave me a firm moral basis for my life. When I grew older, I realized that Christianity wasn't offering me the 'connection' that I required -- I wasn't *feeling* it with the Christian faith, and that was leaving me spiritually 'hollow'.

I understand my place on this path better than I did with Christianity -- I simply don't know how to explain it any better.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:52 PM

31 posts, read 67,169 times
Jesus doesn't do it for me. His style is all wrong.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:20 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Not part of my culture. I prefer to stay with what my Nation's traditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality