Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus Christ told us no murderer will enter the Kingdom of God. The woman who were put to death back then, were murdered. Often, people do all kinds of things in the name of God. Yet the people who put those woman to death, were guilty of the greater sin.
If no murderer gets to heaven then God is not allowed there either.
The O T is full of Him murdering people.
Sodom, the great flood and on and on.

Oh wait, all those children and babies were evil and deserved to have there head bashed on stones.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
god created crocodiles too but that does not mean i gota swim with them.
the church does not need to be corrected in its own teachings, but boundaries do need to be respected by the gay community.
jerry falwell is just as odious in pink.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Ahh, so then you admit your god's morality is subjective. Not objective and unchanging.

No no. he is just by-polar.
Noah's genocide was just a mood swing.

Regards
DL

Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the church does not need to be corrected in its own teachings, but boundaries do need to be respected by the gay community.
I see few Gays infringing on heterosexual boundaries but see many homophobes and Bible believer crossing their boundaries all the time.

Regards
DL

Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
No no. he is just by-polar.
Noah's genocide was just a mood swing.

Regards
DL
Woman, time of the month perhaps?

Old 05-05-2010, 02:33 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Not exactly.

For centuries, 1 Cor 6-9 was used to condemn "masturbators" long before it was used in modern times to condemn homosexuals.
well then we are ALL done fori dont know a single soul who hasnt dont that i must have been about 10 when i started experimenting with that $hit

Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
The Old Testament was for the Jewish people. The New Testament is what we Christians follow today. And killing witches is not part of that pratice. However, if it makes you feel better to spread untruth, what can one say?
i think you were the one spreading the untruth-saying that its better to kill witches-to you see now why the bible shouldnt be takin too seriously-you cant tell me that you think this is truth.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ told us no murderer will enter the Kingdom of God. The woman who were put to death back then, were murdered. Often, people do all kinds of things in the name of God. Yet the people who put those woman to death, were guilty of the greater sin.
well -you've redeemed yourself a little there-

Old 05-05-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I have read the letter numerous times. And to suggest that it was only about the evilness and worship of Temple images over the real God would be nonsense. Scripture clearly states, that God gave them over to sinful desires and sexual impurity. Which included men turning away from the natural use of a woman. And then having inflamed lust for other men. Men committed indecent acts with other men. Men with men having sexual encounters, is considered sinful. How could you overlook that?
this was not God speaking this was flawed men- who dident understand the natur of the subject- speaking

Old 05-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
just like when the church was involved in killing witches-did that not need correction-there has always been flaw's with the church-(but which are you talking about sinse their are many christian sects that dont share the same beleifs)-and understanding homosexualtiy s one of them -judge not yet ye all be judged.............i love that one,way to go Jesus if it wasnt for His wisdom it prob ly would have been alot worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality