Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM

117 posts, read 144,753 times

Advertisements

well then what is the scientific's careful observation, experimentation and research on why ostriches don't fly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,171,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evofreaks View Post
this is what i clicked on your link. i watched it but he is using scientific jargon and he does not speak clearly so if anyone has the time:

YouTube - There are no observed instances of speciation
Notice that he doesn't open a text book? And any evidence of speciation that has been disprove, was disprove through the scientific method?
Notice he doesn't go down the list, but finds the ones that were proven false, and expects everyone to say, "wow, they all must be wrong".

I was expecting you to find something like this.
http://www.bio.davidson.edu/courses/...es/species.pdf
http://uccpbank.k12hsn.org/courses/C...io_4_2_2_1.swf

Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,841,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
The whole point is that speciation HAS been observed and "macroevolution" is only speculative. It has never been observed therefore it should not be considered fact like it is currently. You need to be able to come up with evidence for something like macroevolution, not just assume it to be true. The idea that you are seeking to prove cannot prove itself.
Thanks, you made my point.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,171,444 times
Quote:
well then what is the scientific's careful observation, experimentation and research on why ostriches don't fly?
Because of of the difference in life span..

Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,008,271 times
Quote:
Why don't you actually try learning something instead of just arguing and go and research this yourself instead of asking questions an 8th grader carrying a B in science could answer?

But the ostrich isn't the point.You brought up the ostrich.MY point is the penguin and it's adaptation into a water creature that is in function closer to other water mammals than it is other birds.Why not dwell on that question and engage your brain for learning instead of disputing?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 AM

well i have proven that i dont need a science degree to realize the WTF factor of evolution. a former atheist scientist explains with lab tests to prove my own realization of the flaw of evolution. i also realized where does the seed of plants and trees came from? from the evolutionary stages where does it fit? does the seeds also came from the mighty single cell where all living things evolve? proof?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,942,174 times
Quote:
Flying birds were able to exploit a niche that had previously been unfilled, eating grass and shrubs on wide, open plains. As flight takes an enormous amount of energy and on the plains is not terribly useful, individuals that put less energy towards flight and more towards growth and reproduction, were able to grow and reproduce faster. Since they reproduced faster, they made more babies. Since those babies inherited their parents traits, they too, put less energy toward flight. As this goes on for generations upon generations, you end up with birds that put less and less energy towards flight, to the point of not growing wings capable of lifting them.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,008,271 times
Quote:
well i have proven that i dont need a science degree to realize the WTF factor of evolution. a former atheist scientist explains with lab tests to prove my own realization of the flaw of evolution. i also realized where does the seed of plants and trees came from? from the evolutionary stages where does it fit? does the seeds also came from the mighty single cell where all living things evolve? proof?
Who said anything about a science degree?I don't have a science degree.It is not required to have a degree to become knowledgeable on subjects.Learning is learning,and you obviously have no desire to learn the basics of what you try to refute.

Personally,I see little point in trying to have a discussion with someone who won't even bother to educate themselves on the basics of what they are discussing,preferring instead to hero worship an anonymous poster who pretty clearly is not what he claims.But whatever works for you.We wouldn't want firsthand knowledge on a subject to ruin your beliefs on it.LOL.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM

so u dont have science degree but u openly insult someone who has? my main point is my opinion is trashed coz i dont have a degree. but thanks for letting me know you have no science degree but still post like you ACTUALLY was there in the lab observing these experiments. or dispute cephus like someone who ACTUALLY was formally educated to judge what you read is in fact a testable evidence without ever being in the lab to ACTUALLY witness and observe it.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:31 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,883,612 times
Quote:
well i have proven that i dont need a science degree to realize the WTF factor of evolution.
Rather, what you have proven is that Creationism is simply the admission by some that evolution is really too hard to understand, so why bother to try?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality