Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 AM

791 posts, read 2,958,964 times

Advertisements

Which hospital do you prefer and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 AM

131 posts, read 260,739 times
If you need trauma care go to Renown, Saint Mary’s has better personal care. Northern Nevada Medical Center has the best service (all based on my experience with taking relatives to each of them). Also based on seeing a guy shoot himself in the head at Saint Mary’s a few years back and their having to send him to Renown due to not having the ability to treat him.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:15 PM

148 posts, read 545,561 times
Saint Mary's does not offer any services it deems unCatholic like abortions, abortion pills, etc. but yes, they do work on Sunday, go figure.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 6,917 times
Neither, take the 25 minute drive to Carson Tahoe Healthcare in Carson City for the best service and expertise.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrunning View Post
Neither, take the 25 minute drive to Carson Tahoe Healthcare in Carson City for the best service and expertise.
Do you think Carson Tahoe is better? I have heard mixed reviews.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 AM

42 posts, read 127,535 times
I stayed in both St. Mary's and Renown for 3 weeks each after a major car accident I had... (and I used to work at Carson Tahoe).

I found my stay at St. Mary's much more comfortable. The staff was so friendly and my family enjoyed the hospital amenities more than Renown's. (better food, more comfy chairs, laid back environment). I got the feeling of *rush rush rush* and *money money money* at Renown while St. Mary's seemed more focused on my comfort and overall rehabilitation. Every night, the nurses at St. Mary's would come into my room and play board games with me and talk to me. That is the kind of hospitality I would want for a family member, you know? They even bought me a goodbye t-shirt when I left.

No hospital stay is nice, but St. Mary's made being deathly ill not so horrible.

Carson Tahoe is a newly built and beautiful hospital, but it is more expensive to stay at! The rooms are truly gorgeous, but the staff seems irregular (high turnover).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area