Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 10:00 AM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times

Advertisements

For years I have had trouble with water damage under sinks. It seems worse in lower priced rentals the cabinet bottom gets damaged from water,wet rags and bottles leaking. About a year ago I sprayed all my units with a clear spray N seal it works by forming a durable rubber barrier that fills in cracks and stops liquids from getting in or out - on just about any surface. You have seen things like this on late night TV. It has worked so well and is almost invisible that I am going to do it in my own house best 10 dollars per house I have spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 12:02 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Never used it but always interested to learn how others solve problems...

The last rotted sink base cabinet was so jammed with buckets and pots it pushed the trap apart...

Old 09-02-2015, 04:55 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
For years I have had trouble with water damage under sinks. It seems worse in lower priced rentals the cabinet bottom gets damaged from water,wet rags and bottles leaking. About a year ago I sprayed all my units with a clear spray N seal it works by forming a durable rubber barrier that fills in cracks and stops liquids from getting in or out - on just about any surface. You have seen things like this on late night TV. It has worked so well and is almost invisible that I am going to do it in my own house best 10 dollars per house I have spent.
What is the product called? Do you spray the pipes or the bottom of the cabinets?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:28 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
We have used it on many items and it works great. We actually had a contractor come out for an estimate for a house that was bank owned and there had been a leaking issue and after talking to the contractor and asking what he would do he stated they would seal it and spray it so I mentioned the same product and he acknowledged they use that spray.

When we got the estimate we noticed they wanted a lot of money for the fix which mostly would exist of using the spray so we used it ourselves and indeed for just the cost of the money we solved the issues and we also use it on small cracks and it works well.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:47 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
Thanks. I am going to get some and do this when I do my Fall walk thru this time. I walk thru 2x a year and tighten knobs, check switchblades, change fridge filters, spray down AC condensers, etc. this years I am draining water heaters so that will be a good side thing to do while waiting for water heaters to drain.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:57 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
I've used pieces of linoleum on older cabinetry. I previous to water and a little water will dry out. Cut them bigger than the bottom of the cabinet and even at outer edge and curling up up the back of the cabinet.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:07 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
What is the product called? Do you spray the pipes or the bottom of the cabinets?
Spray the cabinets bottom and a few inches on the side it's like a bed liner in a truck. I used Spray N seal but there are many types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting