Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:32 PM

296 posts, read 1,250,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Yes, so she 'signed' that thing, but, she is still 'stiff arming the poor girl, (maybe trying to 'guilt' her out of money would be better), and some people wont take 'NO' for an answer...

The demented child must not realize what she has 'done'...so, pictures show more than words would, and she cant argue with them... OK, the poor girl, can, but its a losing case anyways.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Thanks! Yea, that's pretty much the case. She feels entitled to it, and doesn't think of all the stuff she's wrecked as "damage". I'm doing the right thing as far as I know, but she's just making me feel guilty about it... and almost like I'm ripping her off or something! She's one of those people who victimizes others, but turns around and plays victim herself. Blah... she sucks. I'm gonna email her back this week and just attach some photos and explain the deductions. Hopefully she backs off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 05:57 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
I would end all communication with her. Don't respond to emails. Don't answer her calls. You (or your new roommate) have nothing to gain by continuing to talk with her.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:54 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
And, keep that money, get the pics, and a copy of waiver, for your records. Make sure that your new roomate understands the 200 will not come from you if she bails. And go do something for yourself, or save it. and you do realize she may have cost you all of your half, and possibly more. I might even get someone to come give me estimates on fixing all these things, and sue her, because you will eventually be covering those costs. just my opinion

Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taraox View Post
Thanks! Yea, that's pretty much the case. She feels entitled to it, and doesn't think of all the stuff she's wrecked as "damage". I'm doing the right thing as far as I know, but she's just making me feel guilty about it... and almost like I'm ripping her off or something! She's one of those people who victimizes others, but turns around and plays victim herself. Blah... she sucks. I'm gonna email her back this week and just attach some photos and explain the deductions. Hopefully she backs off.
I would tell her you will return her deposit at the end of your tenancy when the leasing office returns it. I would tell you have documented her damages and will return the balance of the money once you get the invoices from the leasing agency.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I would end all communication with her. Don't respond to emails. Don't answer her calls. You (or your new roommate) have nothing to gain by continuing to talk with her.

That's what I was going to say. Why is the OP still talking to this person? If the leasing office doesn't want to deal with her, and they are the ones with the money, then oh, well.....don't take her calls.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
That's what I was going to say. Why is the OP still talking to this person? If the leasing office doesn't want to deal with her, and they are the ones with the money, then oh, well.....don't take her calls.
Ditto. Double ditto. Anything else is unnecessary and superfluous.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM

296 posts, read 1,250,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
And, keep that money, get the pics, and a copy of waiver, for your records. Make sure that your new roomate understands the 200 will not come from you if she bails. And go do something for yourself, or save it. and you do realize she may have cost you all of your half, and possibly more. I might even get someone to come give me estimates on fixing all these things, and sue her, because you will eventually be covering those costs. just my opinion
Honestly, it's worth the cost to me to just be permanently rid of her! lol Some of it we can do ourselves (I'm pretty handy), because I don't want them deducting from my half... but I'm not letting her know that. I just never want to see/hear from her ever again.

Alot of you have a good point about why I'm still talking to her... I'm not anymore, I just felt guilt tripped and wanted to make sure she understood the deductions and that I wasn't just keeping her money for the hell of it. I sent my final reply last night explaining the deductions in detail and I wished her good luck with her new job and life. If she responds to that, I'm not replying anymore. Mainly I was only in contact because she only moved a couple blocks away (oh joy), and if I didn't respond she probably would've just started showing up at my door wanting to talk about it. Between the two, I preferred to deal with her via email, that way I didn't have to directly deal with her blow ups, and was able to keep a written copy of everything that was said (just in case)! Good riddance to her.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Tell the psycho to pound sand! If there is that much damage YOU are going to get hit with a small claims if the damage is more than the deposit. You don't need some kook like this as a friend.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:51 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taraox View Post
Honestly, it's worth the cost to me to just be permanently rid of her! lol Some of it we can do ourselves (I'm pretty handy), because I don't want them deducting from my half... but I'm not letting her know that. I just never want to see/hear from her ever again.

Alot of you have a good point about why I'm still talking to her... I'm not anymore, I just felt guilt tripped and wanted to make sure she understood the deductions and that I wasn't just keeping her money for the hell of it. I sent my final reply last night explaining the deductions in detail and I wished her good luck with her new job and life. If she responds to that, I'm not replying anymore. Mainly I was only in contact because she only moved a couple blocks away (oh joy), and if I didn't respond she probably would've just started showing up at my door wanting to talk about it. Between the two, I preferred to deal with her via email, that way I didn't have to directly deal with her blow ups, and was able to keep a written copy of everything that was said (just in case)! Good riddance to her.

Pooolice... Stalker....

Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,363,255 times
So are you square with the landlord and you'll get $200 back when you move out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting