Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM

911 posts, read 2,600,924 times

Advertisements

i arrived home today.....and im pretty sure everyones had the neighbor that waits til you get home to hurry up and open their door to catch you and tell you something they think is so important. i really wasnt in the mood for it because someone called off at work and i was dog tired. so........

today the lady across the hall was telling me how she called the landlord complaining that the people above me literally fight inside and out of the apartments and get the police and all that called here......

all of her friends have gotten the boot recently so i guess she thinks im her friend now, and she more or less was asking me to say that i wanted to file a complaint against the people upstairs too......

truth be told yes i do hear them fight alot but it doesnt concern me......

only time it concerns me is when something up there happens that affects me......like when my ceiling starts leaking.

but heres the kicker, they're just as loud if not louder than the people above me...

always in the hallways for nothing...with 20 of their closest friends, and or having their tv on so loud i can walk to the street and still hear it.

any pointers besides leaving it alone like im already planning to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:37 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,364,403 times
Since the people above don't bother you and you don't seem overly concerned about the noise your new buddy makes, I'd say ignoring everything is the best option.

If you suspect their is physical abuse going on upstairs, I'd say you have a moral obligation to report that, but that's it.

This may be the first time someone has started a thread saying "I have loud upstairs neighbors, but I don't Care!!!".

Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,698,390 times
I've learned to pick my battles...

Sometimes I will pass because I don't have the time or energy to expend.

Years ago... I was in a building where there were really two factions and then there was this elderly man with a cane... he just smiled and said hello to everyone... couldn't really hear well.

The police had been called many times and even though it seemed like war... the only thing everyone in the building could agree on was how nice the old man in apt 2B was...

Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
Since the people above don't bother you and you don't seem overly concerned about the noise your new buddy makes, I'd say ignoring everything is the best option.

If you suspect their is physical abuse going on upstairs, I'd say you have a moral obligation to report that, but that's it.

This may be the first time someone has started a thread saying "I have loud upstairs neighbors, but I don't Care!!!".

lol. like i said i only care when it affects me. im dating someone with a small child and the last thing i need is for the kid to hear these people upstairs fighting over the most trivial crap possible.

i used to be a bouncer and one of the first things you learn is to let couples fight, and never break it up or intervene because when you come to woman's rescue she will inevitably jump on your back and start trying to beat you senseless. the police were called about a month ago and she's still letting him stay there, so its her fault if someone does get hurt.

beyond that, people who camp out in the hall way in front of my door or leave the hall way door open which lets cold air into my place are really the only other worries.

and just now, the lady across the hall just had to see who was in the basement washing clothes. im down there and shes like 'whos down there!?'

i mean, did you really need to find out that bad?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM

831 posts, read 2,827,112 times
Ignore it, that gossip is only going to get you in trouble.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
Ignore it, that gossip is only going to get you in trouble.

i dont do gossip,bro. i go to work so others dont have to

Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 PM

327 posts, read 1,119,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
i dont do gossip,bro. i go to work so others dont have to
LOL, I am going to use this next time people get nosy about my business

Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
LOL, I am going to use this next time people get nosy about my business

lol i break out things like that to my neighbors when they ask me stupid things like "do you have cable?" or "how come you're always gone in the morning?"

its like they're just idiots. or when they get to smoking that crap and i open the hallway door....and they wonder why its open

Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM

831 posts, read 2,827,112 times
Look, you're gonna have to get the money together and move. Plain and Simple. Sounds like your place is a nightmare from hell and you are very picky.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
Look, you're gonna have to get the money together and move. Plain and Simple. Sounds like your place is a nightmare from hell and you are very picky.

so im supposed to be not picky and just move anywhere? its called choice,bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting