Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:50 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calabasasgirl View Post
I was born and raised in Calabasas and I LOVE it there. It was a great place to grow up and was very very safe. However, my parents made $180-200K each and most of the people who live there make that and much more. I don't know how much you could get with your salary. I go to USC now but when I get married and have kids Calabasas would be my #1 choice.
This is the OP's post in 2008. So she's finished college, 23 years old and "just a little girl learning things"? Sounds more like a woman that has not grown up in spite of four years of expensive education. And it sounds like if she moved in in October, the rent was never paid.

Also her remark "I could be the tenant from hell but I wish to resolve this peacefully" sounds like a veiled threat ala the movie Pacific Heights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromChicagotoSeattle View Post
Me and you both, tworent. Her behavior and excuses is disgusting. A couple years ago she was on here posting about her parents earning 180K each a year and how she's booked hotel rooms with friends under the age of 21. So her parents never left her any money in a will? She has no college girl friends she can crash with for awhile? No aunts and uncles to loan her some money? Something doesn't add up.
Her entire story is more than disgusting, it's also sleazy.
Allowing some guy to pay her rent, leading him on & using him.....
comparable to prostitution, in my book.

Btw, the sob story- spare me....honestly there's options from couch surfing to even sleeping in her car for a short time.
Point is, the free ride is over- I'm sure she'll try to find another sucker to pay her bills

Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM

52 posts, read 155,444 times
Something I posted almost 6 years ago as a high school student voids everything else? You do remember what it was like being 16, right? Are you the same person?

Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Once you haven't responded to the 3 day Pay or Quit, the landlord can get a court date. Once the eviction goes through, and a money judgement is issued against you, the judgement will be on your credit record for years. I would not advise letting it get that bad. You need to talk to the landlord and offer to leave immediately and then pay them back what you owe them once you're paying your own way.
To the OP, don't let this happen. Find someplace else to go and get out before you end up with an eviction on your credit record or you will have horrible problems finding anyone else who will rent to you.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,639 times
Quote:
Something I posted almost 6 years ago as a high school student voids everything else? You do remember what it was like being 16, right? Are you the same person?
Good point and the first thing that I agree with. Now grow up get a second job stop screwing the landlord, stop crying, stop making excuses and do the right thing. The right thing would be take responsibility for your situation and work your way up and become a productive person and not a dead beat.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,032,171 times
Quote:

I think the problem is your maturity is at the same level as it was when you were 16.

How does the landlord pay the mortgage and utility bills when they have a free loader in their room? My guess is that the landlord rents out rooms, not because he/she wants riffraff in their house, but because SHE NEEDS THE MONEY to her HER BILLS.

At age 16 you could only think of yourself, and that is the same now.

You attended college, so at some point you had some intelligence, so you should be able to understand that you paid for a room for a period of time, but now you are using a room without paying. It would be the same as buying one candy bar in a store then going back each day and taking another one without paying and thinking it is ok because you actually bought one candy bar a few weeks ago.

Grow up and use your education. Or get a job as a live in house keeper, etc. But get out of that room. And pay them back in payments each week until you are caught up.

PS did you blow through your inheritance or did your parents manage money like you??? Why do you not have one friend from UCS with a couch? One cousin/ One anything???

Old 01-06-2014, 10:20 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,032,171 times
Oh, and how were you going to USC at age 16? You do not seem like you are that together....

Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:

I'm not, but I'm getting the impression that you have no idea that you're not 16 anymore.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
I don't see how beating up the OP is helpful to her. This thread is turning into a pack of bullies out for blood.

May I kindly suggest a little more kindness. I get the tough love, but how about we do it a little more lovingly?

If she was a spoiled child, who then went through college on someone else's dime, she's lacking in the skills to take care of herself. How about we teach her some skills, instead of beating her up?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
^^^ It's a forum and people express their opinions on forums. The OP isn't a child and, amongst a few personal comments about her situation, there have been some excellent suggestions made which she can take or leave as she chooses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting