Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times

Advertisements

You have received several suggestions as to the best way to handle your problem. You apparently don't like any of those suggestions. It seems as though you just want someone - anyone - to agree with you that you are being treated "unfairly".

I'm done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM

575 posts, read 1,469,251 times
Sounds to me like there may possibly be a cultural/language barrier. You shouldn't be going to the office 5 times in one day for one issue. However, the management could have also said to you Come back at X time, we will be available then rather than yelling at you. I would start calling them for quick questions and making appointments for anything that requires a discussion of any sorts. And if they don't answer the phone the first time you call, wait at least 30 minutes before calling again.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
The 1st time you went into the office & didn't want to give it to the person but mgr YOU should have asked when the best time to return to see the mgr. And returned then. As for the Loud neighbor They by LAW have to give them written notice & then they wait to see if there are any more complaints in writing too many then they have to By Law follow up weather its giving the people eviction notice or another warning. Me I call the police when the neighbors blaring loud music or tv.... not sure about the sex LOL Of course you could say it sounds like someone getting hurt!

Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA84 View Post
Then what is the 'office hours' for? If we tenants cannot go there? Or limit the amount of times we can go there?
So harrassment is define as if you "constantly going down to the office"?

Well, it been over 2 weeks, and I need to know the status update of my documents. I do not see how can going down to the office 1 time in 2 weeks is considered harrassing.

And if going down to the office is considered harrassing, then I just phone the cooperate of call HUD up and ask about my status update then.
Like I was told, if the on site manager cannot solve your problem, then contact the Housing Authorities.
And I know the manager don't like me due to my complaint, or go down to the office looking for her 5 times in 4 hours. But (IF) she hold that against me, and don't solve my problem, then isn't that treating me "unfairly" and "differently" compared to others?

You just stated in your OP that you went down the same day four to five times and they got mad. Just because you want things done RIGHT THIS MINUTE doesn't mean they're gonna drop everything they are doing to make sure you're instantly satisfied.

Now if you sent in your paperwork, and your complaint and they flat out ignored you after giving them time to solve the issue(s) then that is a problem. If you gave ample time and they ignored it then yes you have reason to complain and demand satisfaction.

You can call it harassment, pestering, bothering, nuisance. Sort of interchangeable IMO

Old 05-05-2014, 05:55 PM

84 posts, read 216,100 times
Solved, went down the office today, and got my answer.
Thank you for all replies.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,014,351 times
I know you solved it, but for the loud tenant I'd just call the cops over and over anytime they are loud

Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 AM

84 posts, read 216,100 times
Thank you beera, I have called the cops in the past, the cops also document it. I also send to the management the police call logs as proof of his noise disturbance at 2-3am.
Seem like management give him a warning, for past few days, I didn't hear him blast his Hi-fi TV at 2 am anymore.
I just hope I won't be waking up at 3:30 am due to his gf and him have sex and pounding on the wall.
And I hope he doesn't move his gf in, if he does then I have a ground to complaint, due to section 8 laws, they do not let someone who is NOT in the lease live there or stay there overnight more than 14 consecutive days.

Well this boy is indeed lucky, he doesn't work. His mom works all day all night to pay rent, he living there for free, and the whole apartment is all to himself.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:29 AM

2,845 posts, read 6,014,351 times
I feel your pain, someone just bought a house behind us, our bedroom faces the back of their house, and ever since they have moved in they randomly have nights when they are loud. Normally it's not too much of a problem but now that it's getting warmer it's going to be harder to not say anything. I'm going to mail them a letter asking them to please try to keep it down after 9 pm since my husband and I both work early so we go to sleep around 9 pm. Weekends we don't care, but we both work M-F. Hopefully they listen.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:25 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Yes, you're driving them nuts.

Your last thread was April 17th? What do you expect them to do in that amount of time? It takes time to resolve problems, and longer to get people kicked out.

This time she told you specifically she has 10 days to address your situation, and yet you went back the next day and bugged her. You need to give her 10 days.

I agree you have the right, though, to hand official documents to the manager, instead of the secretary. I see nothing wrong with you checking constantly until you can hand them to the manager. That's the only way you can hand them to her.

You could put your complaints in writing, even in emails, if you want a record of your requests. My manager also doesn't want to put anything in an email, but I want proof of any written communication, and emails are the best way to do that, without having to spend money or go to the post office, etc. She doesn't like it, and doesn't respond, but she's responded often enough that it's an established form of communication, now, so I can produce my emails in court, should I ever need to. Requiring tenants to come to the office, instead of emailing is baloney (or is that bologna?) IMO.

So, I"m not above bugging my manager, if she ignores me beyond what's reasonable.

In your case, though, give her some time to fix your issues. Give her her 10 days. And if no results, go see her, and put your request in writing.

If you go bug them constantly throughout every day, they won't take you seriously. They'll just think you're a nutcase. So, it's better for your case, as well, to not bug them constantly.

I say, give them time to fix your problem, put your complaints in writing, and if no results in a month or whatever, then go above her head to the corporate office or the owner, etc.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 932 times
As far as you going to tell your manager about the noise disturbance, no you are not harrasing them. As a tenant yourself you have the right to live in comfortable quite dwelling. Residents like this make me sick, they think that they are the only tenants living there, if you do not disturb anyone and keep to yourself, then why is someone else bothering you with their loud noises. When reporting to management always have it in writing one for your records with date and time and one for manager. If management refuses to take care of the problem; I suggest calling the police and make a police report for disturbing the peace. It should also mention this on your lease about loud music and disturbing others. I have gone through the same situation, and now my neighbor has been warned and one more violation from them, they will be evicted. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting