Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 05:41 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times

Advertisements

Only other thing I could think of would be a moderate form of retaliation: when you see whose dog is doing it - get a pooper scooper, scoop it up, and deposit it in front of that dog owner's front step. Their dog, their poop. Not yours. Could even leave a note with it saying "I believe your companion dropped this, so I'm returning it to you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 05:48 AM
psx psx started this thread

39 posts, read 66,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
It probably won't do any good, but how about one of those "NO POOP" cut out signs I see in some yards...........might guilt people into keeping their pups at bay, and let them poop on somebody else area. Is it like this in the warmer weather ??....some folks won't walk into the snow to pick up. Can always use a shovel to scoop and toss...but where ?....and it's not your responsibility
I doubt that they feel any kind of guilt. No else complained about this mess apart from our apartment.the area is disgusting. In my opinion, during the warmer months the problem is going to be bigger, because when there is grass on the ground you can't even see the dog's poop

Old 02-17-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Dogs are like large rodents...big time pests. I am convinced large cities would be better off without ANY dogs. One trip to Paris and you'll see how disgusting it is to have dogs in large numbers in urban areas. Yes, the human owners are at fault but since they are too selfish to control or curb their dogs in the proper way I say get rid of them (the dogs that is).
No wonder why we always have problems to find a pet friendly community. Instead of feeling privileged that there are still people who accept dogs in their properties (apartments or houses), we cause problems

Old 02-17-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Rather than take pictures of the poop after, why not try to get a picture or two of the people who walk their dogs back there all the time? Show the manager who it is. It's probably only a couple people.
Took pictures of the dog and the owner (at least the one person I saw not picking up his dog's poop). Went to the manager, show him the picture and the response was " we sent an email and a letter, we cannot attack residents". Aaaaaaaa, ok!!!! Same person, next day not picking up again. No one can teach people basic hygiene.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Only other thing I could think of would be a moderate form of retaliation: when you see whose dog is doing it - get a pooper scooper, scoop it up, and deposit it in front of that dog owner's front step. Their dog, their poop. Not yours. Could even leave a note with it saying "I believe your companion dropped this, so I'm returning it to you."
You're right!!!Maybe that's what I have to do!!!The thing is nowadays people are crazy and you never know how they are going to react. I'm 6 months pregnant and I also have a toddler, I feel a little uncomfortable confronting others , especially when they're raised without manners

Old 02-17-2015, 07:51 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
This thread is off topic to the Connecticut forum and is being moved to the Renting forum where it can get more responses. JayCT, Moderator

Old 02-17-2015, 08:40 AM

912 posts, read 5,263,089 times
The problem with coating the dog poop in bacon grease is that the wrong dog may eat it. You may want to set up a camera by the window and instead shame the responsible party. Print the pictures, identify the offender, and post them around the building/shared areas.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Since management has seen no reason to do anything about this, I think I would ask them to relocate to another unit. Although, to be sure, I'd check out the other areas and make sure this isn't happening everywhere in the complex.

You can also ask about putting up a small, not permanently installed garden fence. At least that might keep some of the dogs out, or alert some of the owners to keep their dogs out of that area.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:38 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,827,472 times
Are you in front of a designated area for owners to walk their dogs? Was this not noticeable when you viewed the apartment?

If they can't clean it in a timely manner, ask them if they can move you to another apartment in the same complex. If they are this slow now in cleaning, I don't foresee that they will clean it regularly in the future.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:41 AM

203 posts, read 327,871 times
We have the exact same problem in the townhouse community where we live. I can't tell you how many days and pairs of shoes have been ruined, I swear no one but us cleans up after their dog. How we are dealing with it? We are working with a realtor to leave this place ASAP, buying a single family home with a fenced yard so we no longer have to deal with other people's pets. That is truly the only solution because you are right, management and other dog owners just don't care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting