Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:51 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalapancakes89 View Post
Ah perfect! Yes I will do that to be on the safe side...he finally responded to my email, making himself look worse than he already does. He admits we gave him notice in January, then a paragraph later says he was blind sighted by us moving claiming he had no clue til a week later. He says all the cabinets are bent out of shape(again, 30 years old, pieces of junk...the depreciation schedule you told me about really helps here), then says he wants to charge us rent through the 8th because that's the day he got the key back(we worked it out to give it to him on the weekend because of his and OUR work schedules, not sure if he can mess with me there even though the place was vacant since the 1st, but I will try to research this). And my personal favorite of his response was the estimated re-cleaning by estimated to him by "three professionals" was over $300....umm...excuse me!!? At best it will need dusting...because the air ducts are filthy and have never been cleaned, I dusted weekly there and the air quality was poor even with an air purifier. Im not sure if it was you or someone else who said the cleaning has to be paid for and done within reason of whats necessary, again, super glad I got departure photos to prove its not a filthy pig sty, just a piece of crap lol. Anyway he made no mention of refunding the difference of the deposit or where the deposit even stands, which is what all of this is over. I think he tried to get some type of leverage over me on those things, but that's okay, I will let him think he's right and he can keep all the money, and surprise him in about 20 more days lol
If he knew when you vacated, then I don't see any issue with when he got the key back. Honestly, the passing of the keys is really silly, when both parties acknowledge the place has been vacated. He's going to change the locks anyway, or he'd be a fool not to anyway. The issue with keys is when a place is vacated. If he acknowledges the day you vacated, the keys are a very minor issue. Basically a non-issue.

God love him for putting his idiocy in writing in the email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 09:18 AM

42 posts, read 54,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Please let us know the outcome when it's over. As a veteran of Small Court tenant LL cases, I think you will have a far different opinion after it's over.

I will, but I was curious what you meant by this? In your experience I mean...

Old 03-12-2015, 09:20 AM

42 posts, read 54,200 times
And absolutely, the email agrees with what I've been saying and it is incriminating. He makes himself also look like a liar, saying my husband called him march 8th at 8:45 PM to say we had "moved out"...when that day they didn't speak at all, then recants and says it was the 5th, but when they spoke on the 5th it was for arrangements regarding return of the keys. among a few other errors. He doesn't seem afraid of being sued and generally believes he is right, so, come April 1st and after court, I will update what happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting