Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:05 PM

5 posts, read 4,378 times

Advertisements

Hello, my landlord posted a 24 hour notice, not a problem, however the people who where suppose to enter the home were maintenance and construction guy for rehab information. They are getting ready to do a big rehab where I live. Anywho, the actual landlord was not placed down on the paper as someone who would be entering my home, and she did anyways. I was wondering if that is okay and if not what I can do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 01:34 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times

She gave you notice. I'm sure she wanted to be there to discuss the rehab with the construction guy. Would you prefer she gave the keys to your place to a stranger and was not there?

Old 04-11-2016, 01:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Yes, it's okay.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:59 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,243,031 times
Seems fine to me. I don't even put who will be there on my notices.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:11 PM

Looks like I will just have to tell them no next time unless I am home and schedule for a time that suits us both. That I know they have to do from going over the landlord tent laws.

Thanks all..

Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,708,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlmarcia View Post
Looks like I will just have to tell them no next time unless I am home and schedule for a time that suits us both. That I know they have to do from going over the landlord tent laws.

Thanks all..

Why? You don't have to be there if he LL is entering. I am not following what your issue is.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:43 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
Quote:

Thanks all..
You had better look at the law and your lease again. Most states and most leases allow the landlord to enter with notice. I've NEVER heard of a person putting a name on the notification.

Honestly, you're being a bit childish and nit picky. What's wrong with your landlord entering HIS/HER property for a legitimate purpose once notice is given? It makes me think you have something to hide from the LL--extra roommate, messy place, too many pets, smoking in a non-smoking building, drugs?

Old 04-11-2016, 05:02 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,291 times
Quote:

Thanks all..
My guess is the landlord went in with them since you were not home... would you prefer complete strangers to enter your apartment alone? You shouldn't be mad at your landlord at all.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just say no, they legally have to give you 24 hour notice, and then can enter. It is their building after all you are renting from.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:19 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,708,206 times
ORS 90.322 - Landlord or agent access to premises - 2013 Oregon Revised Statutes

Old 04-11-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You had better look at the law and your lease again. Most states and most leases allow the landlord to enter with notice. I've NEVER heard of a person putting a name on the notification.

Honestly, you're being a bit childish and nit picky. What's wrong with your landlord entering HIS/HER property for a legitimate purpose once notice is given? It makes me think you have something to hide from the LL--extra roommate, messy place, too many pets, smoking in a non-smoking building, drugs?
No I don't have anything to hide from my landlord it is just me and my two children living here. I have an issue with her cause they say they are going to enter you home for one thing and they do another that is not part of their reason for being there. I am not the only one with this issue and it is why I am asking if anyone knows about this stuff. I have looked up landlord tent laws already and they are not very clear about this part with who is and isn't entering my apartment. And just FYI she don't own this place she works for the person who does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting