Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 06:56 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
mission accomplished..
Did you flip it off then on again, or just flip it off completely? It seems the utility guy would tell them someone flipped off the main switch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 06:59 PM

497 posts, read 422,820 times
Quote:
Nope.. majority of apt complex the power meters are on the outside here and every where i been. How else they read your meters?
Hi! We don't have that here. They are let inside to a locked room, but I will check out the area again because I never see them here.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:30 AM

544 posts, read 1,238,255 times
Bass is the worst. I’d rather hear stomping. I’ve complained and moved several times for idiots in apartments with bass. Most likely you’re like me and actually speak up to management. A lot of people will not say anything and live with the nuisance or wait until someone else complains to not snitch or be that person. I’ve lived in several apartments 4 states so I see a pattern. Or it could be their tolerance level is higher than yours, but imo, they don’t want to be that guy

Old 01-10-2018, 07:38 AM

304 posts, read 295,759 times
Honestly, after a while of living in so many different apartments you can get the feel for what types of complaints will matter and which won't. Landlords don't care at all about our comfort levels. They mostly get fussy about routine maintenance needs. These days aside from letting them know when something is broken, the only routine complaining I do is for pest control. I accept that roaches happen, sometimes even mice, but I want everything done to prevent them from entering my dwelling. I'm too much of a clean freak to suffer pests.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:43 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
They are probably not complaining out of fear of retaliation.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Did you flip it off then on again, or just flip it off completely? It seems the utility guy would tell them someone flipped off the main switch
Each time they start it up and fail attempts to get them to lower the volume, it gets flipped and a energy phone call is made. Not sure if they light people are telling them that or just turning it on and walking away. Did this for a few months till i was able to move out. Eventually they got the hint about 2 weeks before i moved out. They had a party but kept it min and comfortable level. I dont put up with loud music, or any car thumping BS in your drive way while your inside buying a joint. Somebody did that, and left window open, reach in and turn it off and throw out the keys in the lot.. took them about 5 mins to realize i turn it off and another 20 mins for them to find the keys. I was sitting on the other side of the road on the bench and ask me if i saw somebody in their car. Was like nope... Better than doing the old man screw driver commercial lol...

Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I think it is terrible that people living in an apartment building have zero consideration for other tenants.
Why cant tenants grasp the fact that bass is really annoying to other tenants, and what gives tenants the right to pump it also, especially after a certain time.

I would, and I have done in the past, write the Ll a letter staing the problem, and until the problem is fixed or addressed to my satisfaction, my rent payments will stop.
ive doent that and it worked in my favor.

I would not tollerate that BS.

please, i have a teen back to back in my bedroom, and after a certain time whn I hear him talking, as he has a deep voice, and he is a nice boy, but after 11pm, sorry, you can talk all you want, but i dont wanna hear it in my bedroom, so I bang on the walls. It then stops. I know he doesnt realize, but when its quiet i dont wanna hear something that sounds like marbles in ones mouth, and this boy doesnt come up for air.....

and like i said, he a nice boy, just living, but sorry after 11, i dont wanns hear it.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:29 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
Quote:
During the day is fine, but after hours is annoying as eff. We had the same issue with our last apt complext. They would throw nightly parties and blast the music till mid night and refuse to turn it down. call the cops and it would last 5 mins till they leave. LL/management wouldnt do much because they was invited to these parties daily as well. So i took matters in my own hand.. Go out to their meter and flip the main power breaker. Problem solved. Not many residents will think to go out to their meter and check the breaker, instead they would start flipping their in-house breaker box to get power back. It be quiet for few hours till power company comes out and flips it back on for them. Rinse and repeat..
I think this is so funny!

Old 01-15-2018, 01:14 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
not sure why they wont. but last apt i stay in they mention that snitches get stitches and if you want to keep your belongings you shut up and deal with it.
Well, that's a great way to have to live... sheesh.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:27 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyholton View Post
For the past month and a half, I have been hearing loud bass and music coming from an apartment next to me

I complained about it to the landlord twice, well that resident kept saying "its not me, its not me"

Turns out its the apartment next to her. So 2 apartments from me. The bass travels through her apartment to mine. i have my volume level on 40 and CAN STILL HEAR the bass

I complained last week, and they got a notice. Well its still going on so I will eb complaining again tomorrow

The thing I cant figure out is..why is no one else complaining?

If i can hear two apartments away why isnt anyone else in that range complaining? The girl next to me said "Yea its really loud but i dont wanna be that neighbor and complain"

LikeI dont get it I pay a good amount of rent, I dont wanna hear bass from 2 apartments away all day
I hear ya. Why do some feel free to do this? We are connected to other apartments and should be told going in, that there are limits. It's a smaller, quiet building and people are not rambunctious. My new neighbor above me is doing this, and apparently thinks it's fine from late evening until the middle of the night, all day on weekends. I had hoped initially for an appropriate opportunity to speak to him prior, catching him outside, but now am concerned at his reaction if even asking politely to keep it down. I figure if a person doesn't know any better, they may react poorly. Thursday night / Friday a.m. was pretty painful and considered calling the manager late to make my point, but didn't.

I had spoken to the manager a few days back which was reacted to mildly ☹️, then yesterday felt the need to report the guy YELLING and CLAPPING all afternoon over TV Sports, hearing the rumble and sound of the TV, also. 😏 I don't know if the manager got the message or spoke to him. I wondered if anyone else complained with it being heard in the courtyard, besides - which would have been helpful, but as you say, some will not say anything. I noticed the offender had become quiet the rest of the day, but I won't know if anything occurred until later. What gets me is how one feels it is fine to do whatever they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting