Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 12:05 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,808,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
A lot of advice for not seeing what the lease actually says. There could easily be a provision in there that states something about HOA approval is required and their decision is final. If you don't know what the document says then why are you guys chiming in here? All of my leases contain a background check clause that invalidates the lease of I find something after the fact. This type of clause isn't uncommon and it would include HOA approval.
She didn't rent from the HOA, The hoa can't evict her. Also what does finding something after mean, that the RE agent is going to dig up dirt, don't be ridic.

Plus the HOA's issue is not with the renter it's with the LL not being allowed to rent the other nine months. They don't care if the renter is there if they have a lease. Looks like it's the RE agent and LL's fault.

The HOA doesn't say she can't rent out to a tenant for 3 months, it's just that the LL can't rent out the other 9 months to someone else.

She got in so the HOA approved, next.

You have some skin in the game and we know who's side you are on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 12:24 PM

7,067 posts, read 6,330,799 times
I can't figure out how the realtor has a say in this. Shouldn't it just be between the ll & the HOA?

Old 05-31-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I can't figure out how the realtor has a say in this. Shouldn't it just be between the ll & the HOA?
I guess the realtor is acting as the property manager so that could be why, or at least why they attempted to intimidate the renter. The realtor is worried about getting sued by the LL so she is trying to do damage control.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:15 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
You have some skin in the game and we know who's side you are on
If you think I'm on anyone's side then you aren't paying attention. I own my own rentals, none of which require HOA approval, and I'm in AZ so how does this situation effect me? Yep, that's right it doesn't in the slightest. What a load of bull...

I didn't even comment on the OP because it isn't a cut and dry situation and the pertinent information is missing. What I commented on is all the nonsense advice given when not a single contractual obligation is known. It isn't you that will face the eviction so how about you get some more information before you tell someone else to play chicken with eviction courts?

Sometimes you people make no sense and ask a billion personal and unrelated questions yet other times you all grab your pitchforks and chase after the "man".

Old 05-31-2018, 01:45 PM

784 posts, read 734,207 times
Quote:
She didn't rent from the HOA, The hoa can't evict her.
That may not be entirely true, as in my HOA declarations, which I (and the Board) implemented, we can get rent assigned to us, and evict a tenant if the owner refuses to evict.

Having said that, there is nothing stated that the tenant has done anything wrong at this point in order to initiate an eviction. We could evict for any criminal activity, including smoking MJ.

The owner is responsible to knowing the rules. The owner is responsible for letting the RE agent know the rules. The owner is going to be fined quite a bit is my guess.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
If you think I'm on anyone's side then you aren't paying attention. I own my own rentals, none of which require HOA approval, and I'm in AZ so how does this situation effect me? Yep, that's right it doesn't in the slightest. What a load of bull...

I didn't even comment on the OP because it isn't a cut and dry situation and the pertinent information is missing. What I commented on is all the nonsense advice given when not a single contractual obligation is known. It isn't you that will face the eviction so how about you get some more information before you tell someone else to play chicken with eviction courts?

Sometimes you people make no sense and ask a billion personal and unrelated questions yet other times you all grab your pitchforks and chase after the "man".
You seem to have a bias against tenants, I've seen it more than once, twice, thrice, quadrice.....

Old 05-31-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREin2016 View Post
That may not be entirely true, as in my HOA declarations, which I (and the Board) implemented, we can get rent assigned to us, and evict a tenant if the owner refuses to evict.

Having said that, there is nothing stated that the tenant has done anything wrong at this point in order to initiate an eviction. We could evict for any criminal activity, including smoking MJ.

The owner is responsible to knowing the rules. The owner is responsible for letting the RE agent know the rules. The owner is going to be fined quite a bit is my guess.
Another reason to be extra careful if you want to buy into an HOA, or rent from a condo owner.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:12 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,259,695 times
Quote:
You seem to have a bias against tenants, I've seen it more than once, twice, thrice, quadrice.....
Go find one example. I have a bias against not following the rules or law and I have a bias against the bull the courts get away with. If you go look you will see I've called out the crap AZ courts do to tenants multiple times.

You don't know what you are talking about; I've got thousands of posts, one example..

Old 05-31-2018, 02:25 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,276,818 times
Time to contact a lawyer of your own.

If that's a financial hardship, check here

https://www.valegalaid.org/resource/...enants-renting

You can find some info online, and you can also see if you qualify for legal aid.

If there are any law schools in the area, they may also have a legal clinic that can help you out

Old 05-31-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Go find one example. I have a bias against not following the rules or law and I have a bias against the bull the courts get away with. If you go look you will see I've called out the crap AZ courts do to tenants multiple times.

You don't know what you are talking about; I've got thousands of posts, one example..
I don't have time to care about your problems.

The poor girl is a victim here and you are on the side of the people who made a mistake with the lease once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting