Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times

Advertisements

Believe me, the "feds" couldn't care less about people smoking pot.

My advice: Talk to your neighbors. Don't be confrontational about it, but explain your health condition and your kid and ask them to smoke inside. Tell them you don't care what they do (as is seems you don't with your other neighbors) you just can't be smelling it all day.

It might be a total failure (in which case do everything sponger suggested) but it might just work and make the situation more bearable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times
tried that..they don't respond to anything, that is, if we can get them to answer the door over the blasting stereo

Now yesterday on top of it all, my 2 yo fell at the playground (running in the sand) and sliced her chin opened on a broken beer bottle. We have complained a number of times about the playground and now my beautiful girl has 7 stitches in her chin, not to mention the pain! I would like to sue the pants of this craphole!!

Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 AM

15 posts, read 71,415 times
Did you say weed or something? I really don't think that should have anything to do with your breathing or asthma maybe you should looking into another cause. At least they are not smoking crack or shooting heroin then you need to worry about you place being broken into. But as far as drug free area, I think the agents job is to sell the appartment not find out local drug activity that is the police job, but good luck with them they will just tell them to stop but will not enforce it. I been through this with a tenent of mine with a cocaine problem and police did nothing.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Projump: Are you serious when you say that these tenants' pot smoking habits should have nothing to do with the poster's breathing or asthma? In fact I question the whole logic of your post.

Oobie, in my opinion you seriously need to get off the stick and start creating some serious melee. You've obviously tried being nice and it's not working, the management company obviously doesn't give a hoot and it's time to go higher up the ladder so that you can get out of what it obviously an untenable situation. Good luck and cheers!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 AM

I just know that pot has helped people with asthma by 80% but for second hand I am not sure, but I figured if it helps people with asthma how can that be if the second hand smoke will be in your face after you exhale. That was my logic.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Medical Marijuana: Asthma Treatment - Salem-News.Com

I just remember hearing something about using marijuana for asthma and from what i remember thay are pushing for it to be legal because of medical reasions and asthma being near the top of the list, just google it. So that is why I was just trying to be helpfull maybe its somthing alse that is causing it, and this might be a waste of time.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM

91 posts, read 294,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
No, they're not going to allow you to leave, you're going to have to make yourself a big enough pain in the butt that they WANT your to leave.

Call the cops whenever you detect drug use. Go pound on the manager's door whenever you get a whiff of pot. Call the main office and anyone associated with the complex nonstop. Document everything with photos if possible. Look up tenant advocacy groups in your area and complain to them. Write letters warning your landlord that you are reporting them, make copies for yourself, and send them via certified mail.

Refuse to leave unless they let you out with no penalty (and make sure they refund your security deposit!) but make them WANT you gone. You can consult with a lawyer for free and pay ~200 for a "threat letter" warning of legal action against the complex. That's usually enough to scare people into giving you a fair deal, but not always.

[[[Make the landlord break your lease or do something stupid, don't do it first, otherwise you can be liable for the entire rental term. ]]]
The landlord has to show that he or she is trying to rent the apt. out and you are liable for rent only until the place is rerented out.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,406 times
any accomodation available in or around fau boca raton for a single indian girl??willing to pay upto 500$

Last edited by poorani; 12-28-2008 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: email id

Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
poorani: this is an old post and you should create a new post for your new question. And best also to post in the Florida forum as this is a forum for general renting discussions. Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting