Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 10:31 AM

112 posts, read 361,454 times

Advertisements

I am international student. I will be going to Cuesta College on Jan 9, But i have not had any of housing as i have no idea where to live.

I would like to know how much the affordable/cheap housing with meal plan and other charges included is going to be for one month.

I would like to stay in where it's convenient to go to the college... near school or bus-stop.

Please help me and recommend me some housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 04:26 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,889,611 times
Check with the school. i'm sure if they have international students they have resources for those new international students for relocating to the USA.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:23 AM

112 posts, read 361,454 times
The school does not help me with that.

I have no idea where to rent and get cheap housing from where it's convenient to go to the school. I wont be able to drive and i dun want to waste time on walking long to bus stop, waiting bus and so on.

someone helps me

Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatekix View Post
I am international student. I will be going to Cuesta College on Jan 9, But i have not had any of housing as i have no idea where to live.

I would like to know how much the affordable/cheap housing with meal plan and other charges included is going to be for one month.

I would like to stay in where it's convenient to go to the college... near school or bus-stop.

Please help me and recommend me some housing.

Does the college have dorms? I'd check on those.

Otherwise you might check craigslist for that town, sometimes you can contact people by email or phone who are putting up a place to rent.

Or find temporary housing until you arrive and then you can look around, check college bulletin boards.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 AM

153 posts, read 564,059 times
Yeah, the US is a big country...not everyone is from that area, so your chances of getting the help you need are slim. Try the California board (If that's where your school is) or another site.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Cuesta College Student Life & Leadership: housing (http://www.cuesta.edu/campus/lead/housing.htm - broken link)

It doesn't seem they have dorms, they have a bulletin board but that won't help you until you're there.

craigslist: san luis obispo classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

The craigslist page for san luis obispo

There seems to be all kinds of apartments and rooms posted on that site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting