Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM

914 posts, read 4,445,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
I think you might have problems the moment you start advertising that your rental is perfect for White tenants...
LOL! Exactly what I was thinking!

I really like the idea of the color coding. Maybe then some people would actually start to get that quiet means, you know, actually quiet to some people.

My boyfriend and I apparently have the Curse of The First Time Renter Neighbors. You know, people who just moved out of Mommy and Daddy's house and and are ready to crank up the music and party! And I don't think all the time they are meaning to be crappy neighbors, they have no context, but it has been very hard to deal with at times. How about an experience based rental class system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM

355 posts, read 2,403,019 times
This is a great idea, never thought of that!!

Great post! This is by far my BIGGEST pet peeve about living in apartments!! The wall always seem to be paper thin & I'm sorry but I don't want to hear my neighbors having sex, blaring the music or screaming at their kids! This has always frustrated me because I am always respectful of my neighbors because I know how it feels! Why can't other people be more conscientious of their neighbors??

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpwantout View Post
I use an air purifier at night to drown out noise as a pin dropping wakes me up. I never thought about using it during the day too.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsun1980 View Post
This is a great idea, never thought of that!!

Great post! This is by far my BIGGEST pet peeve about living in apartments!! The wall always seem to be paper thin & I'm sorry but I don't want to hear my neighbors having sex, blaring the music or screaming at their kids! This has always frustrated me because I am always respectful of my neighbors because I know how it feels! Why can't other people be more conscientious of their neighbors??

Because they don't know you, don't care about you and don't really give a crap about what's going on around them if it doesn't directly affect them.

I've never lived in an apartment situation, but have had many roommates. They thought it was perfectly okay to blast music or have friends over at 3am on a Tuesday and wondered why I got so pissy over it. When I confronted one guy (who decided to have a kegger that started at 1am on a weekday morning) he said 'Well, I pay to live here too so I should be able to do whatever I want!'

I like the idea of separating based on how you want your neighbors to act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting