Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times

Advertisements

If the story is true, if I were in her shoes, I would post a no-trespassing sign (shouldn't be necessary but it might help), and then when people are trespassing on her property by climbing on the roof or under the floor, open fire. This is assuming that the NC gun laws allow this (it is in Texas). If not, never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 08:17 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Just curious , what about the story makes no sense?? If the OP hasn't asked you , I'll do it for her.
This is exactly why things of this nature go unreported. Its a difficult situatuion. Never had the experience??
You'll never get it, hope your never in the predicament. I quess I just marked myself as a paranoid sciz too.
Well, first off that everyone is out to get him (or her).

Secondly, that the police ignore the problem (assuming it's real).

Thirdly, that the landlords ignore the complaints (though honestly, if someone had sent me that atrociously longwinded, confused, and garbled email I might ignore it too, thinking it was spam).

Fourth, that he or she thinks the neighbors have the time and energy to harrass him 24/7, even going so far as to crawl about in the attic or up onto the roof, lurking there all night, and banging on the rafters for hours with a hammer.

I could go on. But the OP does appear to be a bit...paranoid and perhaps delusional. I think it's a valid suggestion to go get a psych screening. I mean really...there is nobody in the whole world whom EVERYONE is against and out to get.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:26 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Mercury

I've worked in the rental industry, I've lived in an apartment for long
time. I've seen some shady stuff. Maintanence men that disappear,
drink on the job. Possibly a manager that can't replace him, hard to
believe in our tight job market but replacing maintanence people can be
tough. I know this for a fact. So, maybe willing to pretend she
doesn't know or maybe he knows about something shady the property
managers done, so they both keep there mouth shut, until one day
the **** hits the fan so to speak.

The OP didn't say he was doing this 24/7. She realizes its not possible.
You think shady ppl don't know other shady ppl?

You believe what you want and I'll do the same.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:35 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
Sorry, but isn't it more likely that all the neighbors said they haven't heard anything because there is nothing to hear?

Isn't it more likely that IF the mover said your address, it was while giving directions on the phone, or talking to a boss, letting them know where they were headed?

Isn't it more likely that IF the maintenance guy was in your new subdivision, it was because he is a maintenance guy, and he was there to maintain something? A lot of those guys handle more than one community.

Isn't it possible that people are being cruel to you and you are having trouble finding a job, because you are acting paranoid? Or are all the employers in town in on this conspiracy too?

Finally, if this is all really happening, it isn't because you told the neighbor you were going to call the police on her kid if he let your cat out. First of all, that really isn't a threat. Second of all, if that is really all you said, I seriously doubt anyone is going to report that to a management company. Third, if someone reported that to me, I would laugh, and say "Guess what I suggest your kid doesn't do then?" (Before you go blaming the kid, you do know some cats are capable of opening screen doors, right?)

Unless your property manager is a bored millionaire with 500 employees, he isn't going to embark on a lifetime mission to ruin your sanity. And even if he did, he's going to stop once you move out, he isn't going to hire more people at your new address to carry on the campaign against you. Reality just doesn't work that way.

Occam's Razor...The simplest solution is usually the correct one.

You really need to set up regular appointments with a psychiatrist. In the case that this is all in your head, the psychiatrist can help you deal with it, and in the case that the harassment really is happening, the psychiatrist should be able to help you deal with that too, both with the stress it causes, and with helping convince the authorities to take you seriously.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM

Ya, maybe she sounds like an histerical woman, thats what I was told
too.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
You can get and outdoor camera that is motion triggered. When I had issues with break-ins (failed ones) and I never could get to the area fast enough, so I set up a camera.

Something like this:
X10 EagleEye and ActiveEye Wireless Motion Sensors

Then you can prove you are not nuts to yourself and have something you can give the cops to charge the people with.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:24 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:

I've worked in the rental industry, I've lived in an apartment for long
time. I've seen some shady stuff. Maintanence men that disappear,
drink on the job. Possibly a manager that can't replace him, hard to
believe in our tight job market but replacing maintanence people can be
tough. I know this for a fact. So, maybe willing to pretend she
doesn't know or maybe he knows about something shady the property
managers done, so they both keep there mouth shut, until one day
the **** hits the fan so to speak.

The OP didn't say he was doing this 24/7. She realizes its not possible.
You think shady ppl don't know other shady ppl?

You believe what you want and I'll do the same.
Fine, but I'd put my money on the opinion that it's in the head of the OP. After all, she/he said that after he moved, that all the tapping and knocking followed him/her. And yes, he/she did certainly imply heavily that it was going on 24/7. I mean really...perfect strangers are going to go to all that trouble, and follow the OP to a new residence, sneak in and not EVER GET CAUGHT, just in order to harrass one person for no reason other than a simple request to not let her cat out? Please, pull the other one.

The only thing both properties have in common is the OP. He or she needs his head checked.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM

21 posts, read 38,294 times
Quote:
Lived in a trailer a long time ago, vinyl flashing, pops off in 2 seconds.
She said there getting on the roof from a back porch rail, I've had ppl
get on my second floor balcony.
The OP is attempting to put everything
together, in doing so, she may not be 100% accurate, the moving person
may not have intentionally given away her new address, but if you think
for one minute there isn't anyone out in this world with this kind of mentality,
your wrong.
I could write a book on my own experiences, a domestic situation,
I'm familiar with same bizarre events. There tormenting her. She's an older,
new to the area isolated woman, who knows few ppl, and unfortunately,
a target for harassment bc they didn't like her.
Hello virgode,

Thanks for understanding my situation and I'm sorry you went though some tough times yourself. It's difficult for people who have never experienced anything similiar to believe it. I'm not real close to most of the other mobile homes. I can see their homes and noticed they all keep their blinds closed 24/7, and these criminals know this too. I like the sunshine so I keep mine open during the day. Yesterday I went around the neighborhood and explained my story. I asked them to keep their ears and eyes open. You know these creeps scope the area prior to coming on the property and getting on the roof.

One person said they heard a HUGE bang a couple of weeks ago at 4:30am. He said he thought it came from my place. He was right, I keep track of each and every bang including the time on my calendar. I bought some good ear plugs, but when someone hammers down many times in the middle of the night on a flat roof you are going to hear it. And as it turns out it's so easy for them to get on the roof as was proved by a 27 year old male in the neighborhood. And he jumped down without a problem.

It's so unfortunate these people don't look for jobs and become productive citizens, but there are all kinds of people in the world. They are enjoying this game of theirs, and hope I will get up and move again.

I visited my doctor today and after reading my email/letter to the two property owner management (operational managers) he not only believes me he is concerned for my well being. We both decided on counseling to help me get through this difficult period.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Mercury
I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. If she wants to be taken
seriously by the right people, she needs to be credible and not embelish
the story with "perceptions'. You could be right, I'm basing my opinion
on my own experience. Although, truth can be stranger than fiction.
If I were in her shoes right now, I'd get the biggest meanest Doberman
Pinscher I could find, even if I had to eat bird seed myself to pay to feed him,
and then hire a private detective.

Last edited by virgode; 07-20-2009 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: paragph

Old 07-20-2009, 01:55 PM

good4josh

Having a good neighbor or two is a good thing, happy to here
your dr. appointment went well. Have a great evening, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting