Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,197 times

Advertisements

[url=http://law.onecle.com/texas/property/92.153.00.html]Texas Property Code - Section 92.153. Security Devices Required Without Necessity Of Tenant Request - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
Hello Houston 3,

The Texas property Code outlines the state requirement for all real property including rental property. Here is a link:

Texas Property Code for Rental Properties - Chapter 92 of the Texas Property Code  (http://www.texaspropertycode.org/Texas_Property_Code_Rental.html - broken link)

As an owner of rental property you should familiarize yourself with these laws. There may be additional city and county laws that apply to the property.

Ellen
I know this is an old thread, but since it has been dredged up I'd like to point all Texas landlords and tenants to these "Supplements to the Texas Property Code" http://www.city-data.com/forum/21544747-post13.html They go into the laws in more detail, citing court cases and how the laws were interpreted. It also discusses how tenants should go about demanding repairs and under what "limited" circumstances they can make the repairs themselves and withhold the cost from their rent.

It appears that most of this thread was about Texas laws, don't assume they apply in your state.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
It appears that most of this thread was about Texas laws, don't assume they apply in your state.
The only reason it segued into Texas law was because someone from Texas decided to quote some law pertaining to their state. To the best of my recollection, the OP was neither from Texas nor lived in Texas ...

Old 12-08-2011, 01:37 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
The OP was in Canada IIRC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The only reason it segued into Texas law was because someone from Texas decided to quote some law pertaining to their state. To the best of my recollection, the OP was neither from Texas nor lived in Texas ...
Numerous of the posts on this topic are about Texas, including the latest one which dredged it back up. So my response regarding Texas laws seems very appropriate and beneficial to anyone who lives in Texas.

Why are you being so snarky? Perhaps you should take some of your own advice which you gave here to MrRational:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If you're so soured that you can't even try to answer the question without being snarky, why bother even posting? Just ignore and go to another forum or subject.

Last edited by CptnRn; 12-08-2011 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Numerous of the posts on this topic are about Texas, including the latest one which dredged it back up. So my response regarding Texas laws seems very appropriate and beneficial to anyone who lives in Texas.

Why are you being so snarky? Perhaps you should take some of your own advice which you gave here to MrRational:
If you think that's snarky you've seen nothing yet. For goodness' sake, I just find it somewhat humorous at times when threads get a little off kilter as in this particular case. The poster who "dredged it back up" assumed the thread pertained to Texas laws because a previous poster said something to the effect of "Well, I'm in Texas and this is what it is here". Also, the "dredging" poster (in his/her first post on CD) not only revived a dormant thread but added nothing to any discussion by simply throwing in a link.

Oh, wait, I've heard all those jokes about Texas and Texans - is this a variation on one of them?

PS. I see you're from Texas which I didn't realize when responding - say no more!

Last edited by STT Resident; 12-08-2011 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Added PS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting