Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:31 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
"Transitioning out" is a euphemism for ending the program. I suspect since I was born in 59' that he and his kind would have no trouble "transitioning me" out despite the fact that I've paid into this system starting with my first job at age 14.
I don't think so.

Ron Paul: I’ll Preserve Social Security and Medical Benefits for the Elderly

Start at about 0:30 for Paul's answer on Social Security.

Candidates play on people's fears:
Vote for me, or Iran will destroy us.
Vote for me, or the immoral people will contaminate your family.
Vote for me, or you'll lose your safety net.
Vote for me, or you'll die poor, alone, and homeless.

But here's what we should be fearing: this country is broke. A candidate may exude compassion, but if there is no money to pay for the programs he holds dear, . . . what then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Where is the repeal of the Bush tax cuts which would go a long way to solving the deficit instead of raiding SS revenues?
There were no Social Security revenues to raid, and the tax cuts would not have solved the deficit. In fact, without the tax cuts, you would have entered recession sooner, it would have been more severe, and lasted longer. But don't worry, you'll get a chance to experience that soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Where is the public option in health care?
I think you have enough problems to solve, before adding something else that you have absolutely no hope of paying for. Your health care system is broken, and over-laying a "public option" on a system that is broken is an incredibly stupid idea.

If you are serious, and you would like to see health care costs reduced 350% to 700% practically over-night then put your money where your mouth is and resolve the real problems in health care.

For starters, outlaw the Hospital Robber Barron Monopolistic OPEC/Medellin Drug-style Cartels that exist in the US.

You will know when you are successful in your endeavor, because you will be able to use any doctor, any hospital, any medical or diagnostic facility any where in the US without paying the costly outrageous, um, "out-of-Network" fees.

When you have enough common sense to do that, and end the monopolistic practices that allow Hospital Robber Baron Cartels to illegally collude to illegal fix prices and fees for medical services, you can move on to Step #2.

Implement the Sports Franchise Rule aka the old Radio Market Rule. That means no entity can own more than one hospital in any given Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Right now, I have a choice of going to Saint Luke East owned by the Sisters of Mercy, or Saint Luke West owned by the Sisters of Mercy, or Bethesda North owned by the Sisters of Mercy, or Mercy Hospital West owned by the Sisters of Mercy or Mercy Hospital East owned by the Sisters of Mercy, or Clermont Mercy owned by the Sisters of Mercy.

That's like having a choice of McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's or McDonald's.

What kind of choice is that? How is that "Free Market Competition?"

Oh, sorry, I forgot. I can go to Jewish Hospital, which is not owned by the Sisters of Mercy, but is in the same Hospital Robber Baron Monopolistic OPEC Medellin Drug Cartel that all of the Sisters of Mercy hospitals are.

So great. Now I have a choice of McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's or Chipotle (owned by McDonald's).

Well, cocka-doodle-doo.

Maybe I should go "out-of-Network." Super. Now my choices are Good Samaritan owned by the Sisters of Charity, Saint George owned by the Sisters of Charity, Saint Francis owned by the Sisters of Charity or Provident Hospital owned by the Sisters of Charity.

Sure, I can go to University Hospital in the same Hospital Robber Baron Monopolistic OPEC Medellin Drug Cartel.

That would be like having a choice of KFC, KFC, KFC, KFC or Pizza Hut.

Anyone figure out that you don't have free market health care yet?

Anyway, if you had the Sports Franchise Rule, they could only own one hospital in each market, and that means they'd have to close or sell many hospitals.

Revoking Section 6001 of the Affordable Health Care Act which was written by one of Obama's major campaign donors, the American Hospital Association would help a lot too, because then you can get rid of the Hospital Model and switch to the Clinic Model and guess what?

Your health care system will now be like Europe.

Hooray!

Isn't that what you all want? You all keep saying you want a single payer plan like Europe. Well, if you want a single payer plan like Europe, then you will have to change your entire health care system to be like Europe, because that is how Europeans can (barely) afford it). So you have to repeal Section 6001, so that your health care system will be like Europe.

Those are just some of the things that you can do that don't cost any taxes at all but will lower the cost of health care 350% to 700% almost overnight so that it is affordable to all.

Repealing...

Mircea

Quote:
Paul believes these programs are "unconstitutional" despite a US Supreme Court decision that says otherwise. He is entitled to his opinion. I am entitled to call him a "crackpot".
They are unconstitutional. The Supreme Court also said slavery was legal, so what the US Supreme Court says is often meaningless.

If you lived in a unitary state, like France or Romania, then they would be constitutional, assuming your constitution established a unitary state, and not a federal state.

Except you don't live in a unitary state, you live in a federation, because your constitution says so.

In a federation, anything "national" is contrary and counter-productive. That's why Social Security fails, Medicare fails, federal minimum wage fails, Food Stamps fail, etc, etc etc.

Why, because you live in a federation.

The US is not one economy with a uniform cost-of-living in a homogenous society. You have 50 States, each a sovereign country under its own right, with 50 different economies and none of the 50 State economies are inherently dependent, co-dependent, or interdependent on the economies of other States. Worse than that, some States even have multiple economies which are not related, like Florida. If the tourist industry in south Florida goes belly up, it has no bearing on the economy in the Panhandle in north Florida. But for a State like Nebraska with a single economy, serious crop failures can ruin the whole State.

The Food Stamp program is a fail.

The "national" government says the maximum benefit is $500. Two families, one in Cincinnati, Ohio and one in New York City, are they going to eat the same? No, the family in Cincinnati will be able to stretch their Food Stamp dollars much farther and eat much better, because of the lower cost-of-living. Liberals think it's cool that the family in New York City starves.

The whole issue of life-style revolves around disposable income. The more disposable income you have, the more things you can do with your money. That's why the federal minimum wage is a fail.

There are people in the US who are being unjustly enriched by the federal minimum wage, earning far more than the local labor market bears, and because of that, they live a Middle Class life-style, even though their wages are not "Middle Class." Yet in other places in the US, the federal minimum wage won't even cover one month's rent and utilities for a 350 sq ft efficiency apartment.

Here's a brilliant idea, let's raise the federal minimum wage, so that others can be unjustly enriched even more at the expense of others.

Medicare and Social Security fail for the same reason. Both programs falsely assume that the cost-of-living is uniform throughout the whole of the US; that the cost of a doctor's office visit is the same in every city in the US; that the cost of rent, or utilities, or even something like annual automobile registration is the same in every single city. It is not.

The sooner you people learn that, the better off you'll be. The States can set up and run their own Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamp, minimum, subsidized housing, or whatever programs and run them more efficiently and effectively than the federal government ever could, and more people would benefit greater.

If you do doubt that States can manage a Social Security-like retirement program, then I suggest you educate yourself and study history, because FDR set up and ran such a program when he was governor of New York State.

You all should have learned that in senior government class in high school, or in 1st year Economics or Political Science at university.

Quote:
"Transitioning out" is a euphemism for ending the program.
What programs? Those programs are done; put a fork in them already.

You, as a citizen of the US, need to do you duty and ensure that those people born between 1978-1980 and thereafter have something in the form of Social Security.

The best thing that could ever happen is getting the government out of the Social Security business and limiting its role to merely determining what percentage of an employee's wages should be set aside for savings.

That money is the deposited by the employer into an escrow account at a financial institution of the employee's choosing. And it has full legal protections, meaning no government agencies can seize it for payment of taxes; it cannot be used for alimony or child support; no creditor can seize it through judgment, etc.

It also means no bank or lending institution can consider the escrow account as an asset when lending money for mortgages, automobiles, personal loans, business loans or credit cards.

After all, that money represents a future unfunded liability in the form of future payments (to the employee and spouse for retirement).

People can buy Certificates of Deposit and roll them over and do just as good or better than Social Security, and those who know how to invest can invest that money and get an even better return.

And the best thing is you don't need a Social Security Administration for that so you can terminate those employees, but I'm sure the Big Government people will then create the Office of Ocean Creature Health & Wellness and the former Social Security employees can now watch shrimp and other sea creatures run on treadmills.

Quote:
I suspect since I was born in 59' that he and his kind would have no trouble "transitioning me" out despite the fact that I've paid into this system starting with my first job at age 14. The plain fact of the matter is that in a country where private defined benefit retirement plans are vanishing, the notion of eliminating social security is bizarre and ridiculous. If Paul and his sort ever get their way, I predict it will lay the pathway for a huge amount of discord and even violence in the future.
No one laughs at Doctor Ron Paul more than I do, but his program wouldn't affect you and is very close to the program I described.

Quote:
Those opposing any healthcare reform convinced more than 50% of the citizenry that abandoning our present system was a commie-pinko plot for the federal government to run the everyday lives of ordinary citizens.
That's what it was. If you want me to support any kind of health care plan, then you must do the things that I previously mentioned, or you can forget about.

I keep asking people to show me the money. They talk and talk, but somehow just can't muster up the courage to post any numbers to support their claims.

Quote:
Yes, this economy is still suffering, but I'm convinced its clawing its way back. We've got unemployment figures of 8.3% this month along with a whole bunch of other economic news showing increases everywhere except in the housing sector of the economy which is not his fault.
I got news for you, you're wrong. Obviously you have no knowledge of economics, but that isn't an excuse not to get informed.

Why didn't you mention that your labor participation rate has declined to 63.7%.

That is a decline of 3.6% from 67.3% just a few years ago. All told, more than 5.4 Million Americans have permanently lost their jobs forever.

When all is said and done, I'm projecting an LPR of 62.8%. Not that it matters. Unless you restore your labor participation rate ot at least 66.5% you cannot fund Social Security, or Medicare and you most certainly cannot fund any national health plan, and you risk all of your other programs.

You'll see that when your FICA tax holiday ends, and when the Bush Tax Cuts expire, we'll, that'll be the end of that. Your economy is so fragile that a $12-$15 spike in oil prices for 90 days would send you back into a recession.

Transitioning...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
...the GE CEO who outsourced jobs instead.
Off-shored, not out-sourced. If you fire your payroll department and hire ADP to provide payroll services, then you have out-sourced. If you fire your janitorial/cleaning staff and hire Jani-King to clean your facility, then you have out-sourced.

Your views are common for many ignorant Americans who don't know their heads from a hole in the ground.

Like it or not, you live in a global world with a global economy. You cannot undo that. There is no going back. There are emerging markets all over the world. If you wish to compete in those markets, then you must off-shore jobs. Why? Because the people in those markets cannot afford to buy products made by American workers.

This is just simple math and plain ordinary common sense (and Americans are lacking in both).

Do you know the story of Chevrolet? It's very instructive and worth repeating here.

Durant is an engineer working for GM. GM fires Durant. Durant meets Chevrolet. Durant and Chevrolet partner up and start building and selling cars under the name brand Chevrolet.

Within a few years, Durant and Chevrolet have basically cornered the market in the US. Profits are rolling in and Durant is using those profits to buy GM stock.

Eventually, Durant owns 51% of all GM stock and what does that mean?

It means Durant now owns the company that fired him.

Because Durant is the majority shareholder, he votes himself as CEO of GM.

Get it?

I'm always continually amazed that Americans are so ignorant about how things work in their country.

Proctor & Gamble is a US corporation headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Your average Romanian makes $2.15/hour. How in the hell is a Romanian making $2.15/hour supposed to be able to afford to buy P&G products made in the US by Americans making $25/hour?

Well, the short story is they cannot.

P&G has two choices: P&G can off-shore jobs to Romania, and sell their products in the Balkan market; or P&G can do nothing and watch foreign competitors build plants in Romania and sell products in the Balkan market.

And those foreign competitors will get more profits than P&G, and they will buy up P&G stock and take over P&G and then P&G will no longer be a US corporation.

That's what you want. You want all US corporations to be bought up and owned by foreigners, who will then close most of the US facilities and fire the employees.

Fortunately, P&G did the exact opposite of what you want, and they built (3) plants in Romania and are not at risk of being bought out by foreign competitors.

Quote:
If America got rid of Social Security then the economy will get weaker... More people will be inclined to save for their retirement and so they will not spend much which will drive down the economy.
Well, that's the down-side of a consumer drive consumption economy.

Quote:
No, the high income earners don't subsidize the low income earner. My aunt didn't earn much so her Social Security is only $200 or so per month - they based it on her earnings.
Sorry to hear that, but it proves the system works, and that people are not being "subsidized."

Informing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Social security is very progressive, high income wage earners subsidize low income earners. One of the reasons SS is not sustainable is the benefit is too rich at lower income levels.
$80/month is "too rich?"

I'm absolutely certain you don't understand how the system works.

There is no minimum benefit amount. I know of someone who gets $80/month for their Social Security retirement. I believe their benefit might have been slightly higher had they retired at 65 years rather than 62 years.

While their is no minimum benefit amount, it is true that Social Security will not issue benefit checks for less than $1 and yes, Virginia, there are people who worked and got their 40 quarters, but didn't earn enough to receive a Social Security check at all.

So, in spite of what you might believe, there are people who do not get any Social Security benefits whatsoever, and those people are definitely not being subsidized by high income wage earners.

Also, I would remind you that Social Security is an insurance program, not a retirement plan or retirement benefit program. Like any insurance, it is a simply a hedge.

Quote:
Probable changes from democrats
Increase in the retirement age from 67 to 70
Lower the SS benefit for high income earners
Capping the benefit, increasing taxes on SS, means testing
None of those things will save Social Security, unless they are all done and in addition, the FICA payroll tax is raised.

If you eliminate the Social Security cap, then the only thing that will happen is you'll slam those who earn $250,000 or less, while those earning more will simply defer their salaries or receive non-taxable benefits (like preferred stocks) in lieu of salaries.

Based on 2009 IRS tax returns, there were 236,883 wage earners with an adjusted gross income totaling $727 Billion. Removing the cap would generate about $45 Billion in additional income.

Sound good?

By 2020, Social Security will be paying out $1+ TRILLION annually in benefits, but only collecting ~$750 Billion annually. You have a $250 Billion short-fall and $45 Billion leaves you grasping and dancing and spinning to come up with $205 Billion.

Of course, that assumes you actually collect $45 Billion. You can't collect if people defer their salaries for other compensation or benefits, which is what they'll do. Beyhind every clever tax attorney are several very clever tax paralegals and tax accountants.

Increasing the retirement age won't help either. What that will do is drive young people out of the US in search of job opportunities in other countries. That's starting to happen even now, although you're not quite at the snow-ball effect yet.

More to the point, it will just force people to apply for OADI, and then you are really screwed. If people retire at 62, they only get partial benefits. Force them to work until 70 and they'll just get disability at 62 or 63 or 65 and then they'll get 100% benefits instead of partial benefits. You end up on the short end of the stick on that one. In fact, disability claims have jumped dramatically over the last few years, spurred by the job situation.

Means-testing won't help much either. I'm not saying don't means test, I'm just saying that none of those "solutions" are solutions by themselves, and taken together, the best case scenario is you can pay for Social Security through about 2040 or so. After that, it's pretty much dead in the water.

Quote:
Basically people who saved money or made a lot of money will get hit the hardest.
Well, it is an insurance program. That's why it's called Old Age Survivor's Insurance. That's why I have no problem means-testing, and I suspect that is something that should have been taking place all along, but it was just never fully implemented.

Quote:
This is why a lot of people don't want any SS. If you are poor you make out quite well and if you have money you are better off with no program at all.
Explain to us all how someone getting $80/month is making out "quite well."

Quote:
Right! It's amazing some people don't even know the basic SS benefit formula.

Stated differently if you take your highest inflation adjusted earnings you use

90% on wages up to 10k
32% on wages from 10k to 43k
15% on wages 43k to 106k

So clearly if you make 10K and work 35 years your net benefit is roughly 90% of your income. If you are making 100K it's more like 20%.
So, what's your point?

You seem to have tremendous difficulty understanding the basic concepts of insurance.

Progressing....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
The so-called Social Security crisis started when President Reagan raided the trust fund and used your money to pay for general fund expenditures; and then President Bush argued disingenuously, that since the government has misspent the money, that that's good reason for reforming (i.e., "eliminating") Social Security and replacing it with private investment accounts.
That would be completely false.

The Democrats who controlled the House for the 48 out of 52 years since Social Security was created spent the surplus funds gained through Social Security.

It was LBJ and the Democrat-controlled House and Senate who combined Social Security with the General Fund, in order to raid it more efficiently to pay for the Grotesque Society.

It was President Ford who first noted in 1975 that the Social Security program was in jeopardy. The Treasury Department indicated that Social Security payroll taxes collected would be insufficient to meet Social Security payments by 1979. In response, the Democrat-controlled house and Senate under the Carter administration increased the tax rate incrementally and reduced benefits.

Got it? That was Democrats all the way around who increased taxes AND reduced benefits.

Not satisfied with the efforts of Carter and the Democrat-controlled House and Senate, Reagan created the Greenspan Commission in 1983. Working with the Republican-controlled Senate and Democrat-controlled House, Reagan initiated wide-scale changes including taxing Social Security benefits, added federal employees to Social Security and incrementally increased the retirement age.

Beginning in 1984, Social Security benefits were subject to taxes up to 50% under certain circumstances.

Recent changes in the law have increased that to 80%, with the first 50% earmarked to Social Security and the remaining 30% earmarked to the Medicare HI Trust Fund.

In spite of that, the House of Representatives of both parties continued to spend the surplus taxes collected, right up to 2009, when there ceased to be a surplus because the government is not collecting enough due to both the unemployment rate and the labor participation rate, plus the fact that people are earning less.

Quote:
All that need be done is to raise the cap, and the problem is solved;...
Seem my previous comments, with the math, which thoroughly debunk your claims.

Quote:
If some people have their way, your Social Security benefits will end up being a lottery ticket and the number for Dial-A-Prayer.
Well, again, you don't seem to be able to understand that Social Security is insurance, not a retirement plan.

For those people whose life sucks so bad that even John Carpenter would be afraid to make a horror film about, Social Security does what it is supposed to do: Insures.

Debunking...

Mircea

Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
So after NOT reading all of that, I'm not concerned and I still don't believe the sky is falling. At age 65 and in the vanguard of the Boomers I believe my Social Security benefits will last at least until my wife (63) and I assume room temperature. Any other speculation is just that, each individual's personal opinion and nothing more.

Of course, the possibility always exists that I could be completely wrong. So could any of us.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:39 PM

504 posts, read 1,270,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
So after NOT reading all of that, I'm not concerned and I still don't believe the sky is falling. At age 65 and in the vanguard of the Boomers I believe my Social Security benefits will last at least until my wife (63) and I assume room temperature. Any other speculation is just that, each individual's personal opinion and nothing more.

Of course, the possibility always exists that I could be completely wrong. So could any of us.
Opinion can be supported by argument. Right or wrong, Mircea has done that, and you have not. You are free to your opinion, but you are wrong to assume that all opinion should be given equal weight.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_chalk View Post
Opinion can be supported by argument. Right or wrong, Mircea has done that, and you have not. You are free to your opinion, but you are wrong to assume that all opinion should be given equal weight.
Didn't try to and didn't say that all opinion should Be given equal weight. Simply said it's all opinion. But thank you for your permiswsion to maintain my own and I'd sure Mircea appreciates having you as a loyal follower.

Now then, you'll just have to find someone else to argue with. Cheers!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:03 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
I'm in my early 50's, the tail end of the boomers. Been paying into it for 35 years and also saving for my retirement through 401K and IRA channels.

I firmly believe that by the time I retire the system will have turned to a means tested one. So the people who spent their lives living large and not saving will continue to get SS and Medi, but those of us who lived a conservative life and saved for our futures will get nothing. And possibly still be required to pay in to subsidize those who refused to take steps to help themselves.

That's why my husband and I feel that we won't be able to retire without at least $2M in LIQUID assets, not including real estate and other assets (jewelry, art, etc.)

It's possible that those who didn't bother to save will have a better retirement lifestyle than those of us who did set aside our pennies for the future. It's infuriating and insulting to those of us who played by the rules.

And I don't believe that any of the current lot of politicians on any side of the barrel have a grip on the situation. They are all too afraid to do what needs to be done because they don't want to tick off their financial supporters and voting blocks.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I don't think so.

Ron Paul: I’ll Preserve Social Security and Medical Benefits for the Elderly

Start at about 0:30 for Paul's answer on Social Security.

Candidates play on people's fears:
Vote for me, or Iran will destroy us.
Vote for me, or the immoral people will contaminate your family.
Vote for me, or you'll lose your safety net.
Vote for me, or you'll die poor, alone, and homeless.

But here's what we should be fearing: this country is broke. A candidate may exude compassion, but if there is no money to pay for the programs he holds dear, . . . what then?
You keep trying to find creative ways to drum up support for Ron Paul, even by starting threads in non-political forums.

Let me respond to this attempt by stating I find his proposal to be nothing but a "back door" attempt to kill the social security program. This splitting up of who gets it and who won't through the change in contributions, is yet another attempt by him to find a way to appeal to folks who don't fully understand what it would mean to them not to have the current program in place 30 or more years from now.

Let me be very clear here, I think Paul's proposals are just downright bad for current younger wage earners (and will create funding problems for those currently in their 40's or 50's).

I support fine tuning the current program through some combination of:

- Increasing the contribution rate by a very small %
- Increasing the retirement age by another year over current plans
- Increasing the ceiling that they use for collecting funds by 10%
- Altering the cost of living formula for Social Security to lessen benefits slowly over the long term
- Some type of means testing for who receives full benefits
- Including majority of paid benefits as taxable income and putting the tax funds collected back in the trust fund

I do not support, at all, Paul's proposal.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
You keep trying to find creative ways to drum up support for Ron Paul, even by starting threads in non-political forums.

Let me respond to this attempt by stating I find his proposal to be nothing but a "back door" attempt to kill the program. This splitting up of who gets it and who won't through the change in contributions, is yet another attempt by him to find a way to appeal to folks who don't fully understand what it would mean to them not to have the current program in place 30 or more years from now.

Let me be very clear here, I think Paul's proposals are just downright bad for current younger wage earners (and will create funding problems for those currently in their 40's or 50's).

I support fine tuning the current program through some combination of:

- Increasing the contribution rate by a very small %
- Increasing the retirement age by another year over current plans
- Increasing the ceiling that they use for collecting funds by 10%
- Altering the cost of living formula for Social Security to lessen benefits slowly over the long term
- Some type of means testing for who receives full benefits
- Including majority of paid benefits as taxable income and putting the tax funds collected back in the trust fund

I do not support, at all, Paul's proposal.
So let me get this straight. You want me to pay more and be taxed more on top of it for a program that will likely not give me a cent of return when I retire due to what will almost definitely be a "means tested" program? Because I've been responsible and saved, I'm going to be shut out of a program I'll end up paying into for 50+ years, even though the SSA has sent me a little booklet each year announcing how much they'll be sending me when I retire, and yet you want me to pay more?

What next, you want my blood?

I've got no problem with that scheme as long as I can pull my 401K and IRA deposits off the top of what I am supposed to pay in to a program that isn't going to give me a cent. Let's take that funding from the people who will actually be benefiting from it, because they aren't saving so they'll meet the means test limits. Brilliant idea!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:52 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,179 times
Well, you got to be careful about many things said about Ron Paul. The New World Order doesn't like him, and they control the media... So news stations deliberately cast him in any way in a bad light and sometimes lies or disinformation is spread on him through media and Youtube.

I think Ron Paul in the past was right about the collapsing economy, what's wrong with it, and the Anti Freedom National Security Acts. I don't think Ron Paul is a nut for believing 9/11 was a Gov setup... I seen great Youtube videos supporting a 9/11 conspiracy. I think 9/11 was a New World Order Plan too.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:58 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
They are already happening. The inflation rate is above what the government is reporting. IN this way, they can give small or no increases in SS. Therefore the SS security payments do not keep pace with inflation. That's a cut. This will continue.

It was also cut several years ago when they decided to tax SS benefits. They used to be tax free. No longer. That's a cut in the benefit you would have otherwise received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement