Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:13 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Oh, yes I agree with you. I was just thinking these same thoughts this morning how, at our mature age we know, from personal experience, much more about behavior and dysfunction so we have less tolerance of it in a potential significant other. Finding Mr/Ms Right is difficult at any age but you still have the advantage ~~ more women to choose from OKCupid and Plentyoffish make the quest easier ~ LOL !
True. My daughter asked me if it's different to date when you're older? I said, "When you're my age, you know that everyone has baggage, but it's so much easier to tell the difference between those with a full set of luggage and those with an overnight bag."

Do you really think guys have it easier than ladies? In what aspects?

Personally, I have never used a dating site. They take all the romance out of meeting and dating. When someone can go online and move on to the next one online at the first sign of imperfection, it reduces the effort that people are willing to put into their relationships. That's incredibly sad to me.
It's good to see so many positive stories about long lasting love here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 01:52 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,423 times
Default I can answer those questions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
True. My daughter asked me if it's different to date when you're older? I said, "When you're my age, you know that everyone has baggage, but it's so much easier to tell the difference between those with a full set of luggage and those with an overnight bag."

Do you really think guys have it easier than ladies? In what aspects?

Personally, I have never used a dating site. They take all the romance out of meeting and dating. When someone can go online and move on to the next one online at the first sign of imperfection, it reduces the effort that people are willing to put into their relationships. That's incredibly sad to me.
It's good to see so many positive stories about long lasting love here.
Why do guys have it easier than ladies? Simply because there are more women then men who are available. I've been single for many years and notice that women are more aggressive/assertive than they were in my younger years. That also gives the man an advantage. IMHO any personable man who wants to find a lady can do so almost anywhere by just being friendly and making it known that he is available.

Regarding internet dating. Not everyone lives in an area where singles can meet easily, and a lady who is not assertive is at a disadvantage. As for me, I do not go to church. I don't hang out at bars. I live in a rural area that limits my social opportunities. Poor night vision also limits my nighttime driving. Therefore, I participate on a couple of dating sites and have successfully met some gentlemen through the internet, although they are long distance friendships

Old 11-15-2013, 06:07 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Coney you're rural????? Whowouldathunkit! There is a dating site for farmers and ranchers, as well as over fifties. Dunno if I could do it.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:12 PM

Default Lol !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Coney you're rural????? Whowouldathunkit! There is a dating site for farmers and ranchers, as well as over fifties. Dunno if I could do it.
Well, I'm rural but had enough of it, cuz I'm a city-gal, and trying to relocate ASAP when I can sell the property !

Old 11-15-2013, 06:18 PM

are you going back to Coney Island?

Old 11-15-2013, 07:26 PM

Default Coney Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
are you going back to Coney Island?
LOL CCc girl It's been about 57 years since I've been to Coney Island but have some fun memories of going there as a teenager (skipping school) and enjoying the rides on the boardwalk, etc.

Hopefully I'll move to a place with warmer winters than Oregon Either California or Florida

Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
...We older unmarried guys do not have it nearly as easy as is widely perceived. We still face disappointments, rejection, and heartache when promising relationships crash and burn. We older folks, of both sexes, often come with "Deal breakers", conduct, habits, demands, or expectations that the charming member of the opposite sex finds unacceptable, and causes them to walk away and end it.
This is so true. I've found that there is some behavior and habits that I just don't want to tolerate anymore. And, for sure, I have some habits that would drive a woman crazy. I fully expect to live out the balance of the years the good Lord gives me by myself.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:21 AM

Been to Oregon. Blech. Great scenery, like the Adirondacks. Cold and dreay gets old and dreary.

Florida here we come.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
It's the warning about the four hours that worries them.
lolololol Maybe you are onto something there . . .

Old 11-16-2013, 09:56 AM

Default Curious ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
This is so true. I've found that there is some behavior and habits that I just don't want to tolerate anymore. And, for sure, I have some habits that would drive a woman crazy. I fully expect to live out the balance of the years the good Lord gives me by myself.
Can you elaborate on those intolerable behavior and habits? Thank you for sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement