Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 05:54 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times

Advertisements

Back to the Cellcosmet. Sorry, there is no way to tell what's actually in it! And for the very reason we were checking it out, they don't want people to figure out how to copy it!

Sorry.

I have the education for this and just in case I was missing something, I had some friends look too, a pharmacologist and a bio-chem patent atty. They agreed with me. No way to tell. They give you more marketing hype...not the ingredients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 08:13 PM

409 posts, read 484,856 times
I used to use Cellex-C Betaplex, which worked pretty well. Now I use RoC® RETINOL CORREXION® Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30, which seems to work as well and is much cheaper and I can buy it at the drug store, which is more convenient. I like that it has sunscreen, especially since I live in a sunny place. A dermatologist once told me that if I did only one thing for my skin it should be to use sunscreen.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:50 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
You must trust me on this one. Buy TCA acid on ebay but only 25 percent strong. Its a peel, and works great. Start with a small area, put on skin when it burns lightly wash it off. Do this about every few days and voila!!! Don't buy more than 25 percent strong. Its all over ebay! It works!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:53 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
You must trust me on this one. Buy TCA acid on ebay but only 25 percent strong. Its a peel, and works great. Start with a small area, put on skin when it burns lightly wash it off. Do this about every few days and voila!!! Don't buy more than 25 percent strong. Its all over ebay! It works!
I would guess nobody would really just put an acid peel on their skin by 'trust'
Amazon, with hundreds of reviews from users night just be a bit of a better way to help make a decision.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:02 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And I bet she smelled like a french fry to boot!
[re Crisco] I went to school in the 50's with a girl who broke out in eczema over very large areas of her body and this condition lasted for a long time. The only thing that gave her relief was Crisco. But, yes, she did smell like the kitchen of a diner.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:33 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
[re Crisco] I went to school in the 50's with a girl who broke out in eczema over very large areas of her body and this condition lasted for a long time. The only thing that gave her relief was Crisco. But, yes, she did smell like the kitchen of a diner.

When I did a season with Tri Cities Opera, we smeared Crisco on our faces before putting on the grease paint (stage makeup). It was ghastly. Aren't we lucky today for all the great new acne meds and such.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:11 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
When I did a season with Tri Cities Opera, we smeared Crisco on our faces before putting on the grease paint (stage makeup). It was ghastly. Aren't we lucky today for all the great new acne meds and such.
Indeed. It was a small town school, and we kids were not nasty about it....but to be honest, she stunk because she had it slathered on most of her body. Nowadays I'm sure there are a few products that would give a person in her predicament relief without the strong odor.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:28 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I would guess nobody would really just put an acid peel on their skin by 'trust'
Amazon, with hundreds of reviews from users night just be a bit of a better way to help make a decision.
25 percent is not bad. I have used 100 percent and let me say that's bad. 25 percent is perfect for peeling light. test a small area first. But 25 percent is not that harsh. I buy mine off ebay. I guess amazon sells it too?? I will check it out.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:45 AM

466 posts, read 581,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Was going to post this in "losing your looks" but decided I wanted my own thread.
I have wrinkles on my face that make me look old. I hate them and have been using Strivectin for many years, but lately, it doesn't seem to work. What over the counter creams or formulas have you used to get rid of wrinkles? Are you satisfied with the product? Will the mods let me post this here?
I like what I use - Advanced Skin Renewal System | Monsia® Official Website The main ingredient that is common in the cleanser, toner, day cream (with SPF15), and night cream is Shea Butter and this works very well for me.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:34 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Slightly off-topic ...

I have rosacea, so the only things that touch my face other than my hands are my Dove bar and tepid water, and Neutrogena moisturizer with 15 sunscreen, if we're going to be outdoors all day.

But now I need a moisturizer to use pretty much all the time. I hate stuff that leaves my face feeling slick or greasy. Can anyone recommend a good, mild moisturizer that "sinks in" - and hopefully that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? (The Neutrogena with sunscreen is OK but a bit pricey for everyday use. And I feel like I need to wash it off as soon as the sun sets.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement