Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 11:15 AM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times

Advertisements

My mom says that the best way for her to remove wrinkles from her face is to.... Take off her bra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 09:19 AM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
*Swats Sydney with newspaper*

I came back to this thread to thank whomever it was that suggested rubbing the inside of an orange peel on your face. We've had clementines around for the last month. So every time I eat one I've given myself that citrusy treatment and I've noticed that the skin on my face feels extra smooth. Thanks for the tip.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Try Paula's Choice. Mostly, i Love the stuff, great refund policy if I don't, knowledgeable customer service people, great prices as compared to other very similar products.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:15 AM

377 posts, read 670,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
I focus on cell regeneration and collagen stimulation, rather than moisturizers alone. I've been using RetinA Micro for over 10 years and I have very few wrinkles for my age. It does take some getting used to, with initial peeling and some redness, but over time your skin adjusts and it can produce some pretty impressive results. If you live in a very dry climate (like Arizona) it may be too harsh. But I swear by it and so does the dermatologist. It's a bit expensive without a prescription, but a tube lasts quite a while. I'm prone to occasional, mild acne break-outs (even now), so I'm able to purchase it with a small insurance copay.

Me too. I still can't use the Retin-A micro daily, but I use it every other night. I am close to 40 and have zero wrinkles except the sun damage crinkling under my eyes whereas most of my friends are getting dents and/or wrinkles in their foreheads and those parentheses smile lines around their mouths. I expect to use it forever and by the time I hit retirement I should still have lovely skin lol.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:35 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Well, QVC had a TSV on Perricone products. Never tried them b/4 - way too pricey and not fond of the Perricone rep, either. TSV price was not stratospheric (this time) and QVC is great w/returns - so I had nothing to lose. Motivating me were forehead creases and lines across bridge of nose (think Meredith Baxter-Birney, but not quite as bad). Very annoying. Made me look like a cranky old lady.

Been using the stuff for a four days, now - fairly simple routine - lo and behold lines are almost gone - especially the bridge/nose lines. Can't believe it. And, skin isn't drying out at all even though it's -1 degree here and the furnace has been going day and night. Still using Argan oil, as well - a little mixed w/Perricone moisturizer. Also, Perricone eye cream doesn't burn. Haven't found an eye cream in years I can tolerate, but Perricone seems OK. Many Perricone products are on eBay for at least half the QVC price, so if good results continue - and I can find an affordable way to continue - I just might.

My skin is very sensitive, prone to irritation and breakouts. No problems as yet - and, for now, the results are waaay better than I expected.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:48 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
There is a multitude of Perricone products. Which are you using?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:09 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
I think natural oils work as well or better than anything. My top choices for skin are argan oil and/or almond oil. With argan, a little goes a very long way. For awhile I tried emu oil, that is good too, but decided to stick with the argan and almond.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:32 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
There is a multitude of Perricone products. Which are you using?
This was the QVC TSV. As a 'try me,' it appears QVC chose well - products which work well for most:
  • 6-fl oz Nutritive Cleanser
  • 1-fl oz Neuropeptide Night Cream
  • 0.5-fl oz Cold Plasma Eye
  • 2-fl oz Neuropeptide Necolletage
  • 2-fl oz Face Finishing Moisturizer
Perricone MD Ageless 5-piece Collection Auto-Delivery

All the products go a long way. No way I'll use all the eye or night creams in 90 days, but may run out of the cleanser/moisturizer before then - thus, eBay. lol

At this point, going forward, I would say must haves are all of it - except, possibly, Necolletage.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 01-10-2015 at 04:48 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 10:44 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Wrinkle cream = snake oil.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:45 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Wrinkle cream = snake oil.
Could you tell us why you said that? Are you meaning that wrinkle cream does nothing? Or are you meaning that I should go outside now and try to find a snake and kill it for the oil?

Just an observation. I quit my Strivectin for several months. Oh boy. I started to look like a prune. Am back on it now and shall continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement