Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 03:16 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
But, one day I was working in the office of our brake and alignment shop and someone pointed at a picture on the wall behind me and said "Your GRAND DAUGHTER looks just like you!"
Why would a compliment like that make you so upset? Sounds good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 03:57 PM

1,042 posts, read 874,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Why would a compliment like that make you so upset? Sounds good to me.
It was a picture of ME! They thought I was my own grandmother!

Old 11-25-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It was a picture of ME! They thought I was my own grandmother!
I've had a few, so bear with me...It's a picture of YOU and someone looks at it and says your granddaughter looks like you. To me that's a compliment. What am I misreading?

Old 11-25-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I've had a few, so bear with me...It's a picture of YOU and someone looks at it and says your granddaughter looks like you. To me that's a compliment. What am I misreading?
Just read your DM, now I get it.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:00 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
I had a lower face lift (pulled back the jowls and got rid of the turkey waddle, somewhat) and also an upper and lower eyelid lift as my eyelids were starting to fold over. That was 15 years ago and has lasted a fairly long time, although my turkey neck is gobble gobbling again. I think a lot of those procedures they do with fillers now, but I think they make the patient's face look surreal, puffy and lumpy (e.g., Suzanne Somers). But then the traditional face lift after a second one pulls the mouth back too far and too wide and you start to look like the Joker. Oh and don't get me started on those Botox injections between the eyes on the forehead -- see Taraji B. Henson on "Empire" for a perfect example of Batbrow. The arches are unnaturally arched and her forehead doesn't move an iota. I do not understand why these actresses would want their faces frozen and expression-less.

If I could afford it, I'd want a breast lift and maybe a slight reduction. I also heard there's a procedure called "Cool Sculpting" that can be used as an alternative to lipo on hips, tummy and thighs. Although apparently it's just as expensive -- but it's not invasive and you can go right back to work. But I can't afford it, so therefore, Spanx it is!

Last edited by Avalon08; 11-27-2015 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 11-27-2015, 04:31 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
LOL! Me, too!

Ditto~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-27-2015, 05:22 AM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,986 times
If I coukd afford it, I might go for the face and neck lift. But the thiught of all the things that could go wrong -- in the name of vanity -- scares me.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:19 PM

1,042 posts, read 874,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I had a lower face lift (pulled back the jowls and got rid of the turkey waddle, somewhat) and also an upper and lower eyelid lift as my eyelids were starting to fold over. That was 15 years ago and has lasted a fairly long time, although my turkey neck is gobble gobbling again. I think a lot of those procedures they do with fillers now, but I think they make the patient's face look surreal, puffy and lumpy (e.g., Suzanne Somers). But then the traditional face lift after a second one pulls the mouth back too far and too wide and you start to look like the Joker. Oh and don't get me started on those Botox injections between the eyes on the forehead -- see Taraji B. Henson on "Empire" for a perfect example of Batbrow. The arches are unnaturally arched and her forehead doesn't move an iota. I do not understand why these actresses would want their faces frozen and expression-less.

If I could afford it, I'd want a breast lift and maybe a slight reduction. I also heard there's a procedure called "Cool Sculpting" that can be used as an alternative to lipo on hips, tummy and thighs. Although apparently it's just as expensive -- but it's not invasive and you can go right back to work. But I can't afford it, so therefore, Spanx it is!
Spanx is proof that God loves us!

Old 11-27-2015, 12:56 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Spanx is proof that God loves us!

Ha!!! Funny girl

Old 11-28-2015, 09:31 AM

888 posts, read 890,117 times
Found this funny reflection about aging and plastic surgery:

Pierini Fitness: Ee-i-ee-i-oh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement