Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 07:32 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Did watch last night "An Unfinished Life" with Robert Redford, JoLo, Josh Lucas, Morgan Freeman - AND - Bart the Bear (lol) - very enjoyable film, much better than I expected.
Fantastic movie.

Maybe we should have a "Retirement Movies" thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 08:24 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
It's on sale this weekend! I remembered there are some waiting for the next discount.

Amazon Prime limited time discount - Tech Insider

Yellowsnow....thanks for the update and new thread....

Old 01-17-2016, 03:50 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. I get that some retired folks are interested in Amazon Prime. But so are lots of other people, such as parents, teachers, and college students. I have an idea! Let's start a couple of clone Amazon Prime threads in the Parenting and Education Forum, since some parents, students, and teachers might be interested
But how many of us seniors hang around those forums? I am glad that we have some leeway here. And can spend most of our time hanging around only one "water cooler" to chat. Robyn

Old 01-17-2016, 06:06 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Thanks for posting, yellowsnow. We already subscribe, but Amazon refunded us the difference to reward our loyalty. It's only $26, but still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I called this morning - and got the same refund. $26 is $26. Will pay for lunch today . It's always smart business IMO to reward your loyal customers. Robyn
Well, no luck w/refund for son/dil. Their Amazon Prime renewed middle of December, they've bought a lot of stuff after the renewal. Amazon told my son tonight since they've had purchases after renewal Amazon could not rebate $26. Even if they cancelled AP, there would be no prorated membership refund, either, because of these purchases. Son also says they order from Amazon weekly. So, they certainly get their money's worth.

This is also toward the end of the promotion. It may be word got around. jazzcat got the refund even before the promotion began, Robyn the next morning.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 01-17-2016 at 06:14 PM..

Old 01-17-2016, 07:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Thank you! I just signed up. I was going to do the free one month trial, but decided this was cheaper to start us out.

I almost missed out though.

Thanks for posting this on a new thread. I appreciate it.

Silibran

Old 01-17-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
whew, I don't think it is "snarking" at all. It's an observation, like you would make on something. reality is there are 2 threads on this topic.
This post was helpful to me. I appreciate it. I imagine it will die a quiet death after tonight.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. I get that some retired folks are interested in Amazon Prime. But so are lots of other people, such as parents, teachers, and college students. I have an idea! Let's start a couple of clone Amazon Prime threads in the Parenting and Education Forum, since some parents, students, and teachers might be interested
I don't know why you are being so snarky. I asked the original question, which was directed to those of us who are retired--at least most of us. I got some good info, but was hanging fire a bit. I really like getting the discount up front. I appreciate the notification which I saw tonight.

Come on, this isn't a big deal.

As an old book cataloger, i find it interesting that people want their posts classified properly! Funny really.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:59 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, no luck w/refund for son/dil. Their Amazon Prime renewed middle of December, they've bought a lot of stuff after the renewal. Amazon told my son tonight since they've had purchases after renewal Amazon could not rebate $26. Even if they cancelled AP, there would be no prorated membership refund, either, because of these purchases. Son also says they order from Amazon weekly. So, they certainly get their money's worth.

This is also toward the end of the promotion. It may be word got around. jazzcat got the refund even before the promotion began, Robyn the next morning.
FWIW - my Prime just auto-renewed a week ago. Haven't even received the credit card bill yet. And I hadn't ordered anything since the renewal. So I don't know what the rules were for the refund (suspect there were some). Robyn

Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM

483 posts, read 665,661 times
Thanks to this thread, we took advantage of the promotion and signed up. Just being able to watch...or re-watch...episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm makes the membership fee worth it

Old 01-18-2016, 07:27 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Interestingly My Prime Renewed Yesterday and I was charged the $99.00 . I think I should complane I did not get the $73 that was on sale this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement