Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 06:53 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I still have my senior year yearbook. I haven't been able to throw it away, I think because I was the editor of the yearbook that year. But I rarely look at it. It sits on a shelf with other stuff I'll probably never look at again (a textbook my late husband edited, my daughter's Ph.D. dissertation, etc.). Someday when I move to assisted living it will all be thrown away.
I was the editor also, but darn, if I do not have a copy. I left it at home and its not there now.

I am planning on going to our school and look at their copy. I want to make scan the student pics.

We have a facebook page and some of us want to stay in touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 06:57 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
Kept it for many years, got rid of it when we moved and downsized.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:12 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I have all of them, parents have at least some of theirs. My grandmother worked as a cook at the county high school and has annuals from numerous years.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:20 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I was the editor also, but darn, if I do not have a copy. I left it at home and its not there now.

I am planning on going to our school and look at their copy. I want to make scan the student pics.

We have a facebook page and some of us want to stay in touch.
I believe that Classmates (I think that is it's name) has yearbooks online for many schools. I know that it has ones from my HS for all four years that I attended.

Some people buy old yearbooks off of Craigslist or eBay.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:13 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
I was the yearbook photographer so all the photos in my senior yearbook from 1969 were mine. Exwife threw all my yearbooks away, along with my lettermans jacket. Wish I could find a copy would be fun to look through.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:14 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
I was stupid, and never bought one. I should have bought at least the senior year book. Now, it's impossible to find one.

P.S. Scratch that! I just checked Ebay again, and finally found one for sale "Buy it Now"! I've been checking for this since 1998, and this is the first one listed! Yep, I bought it.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:25 AM

894 posts, read 587,182 times
I threw my yearbook away a few years later. I hated high school and didn't want to keep anything reminding me of my days there.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:02 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I don't know why that I never bought one. I saw one at my 40th high school reunion and I wish I had bought one now. I do still have every school picture, including my high school portrait.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:05 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
My highschool class [750+] formed a FB page. Each of our yearbooks have been posted online for all to see.

For my senior year, my photos were submitted, but the yearbook committee [cheerleaders] did not include me in our senior yearbook. On the last page of the yearbook, is a listing, 8 columns of names, of all the seniors whose photos were not included in the yearbook. In a class of 750+ you needed to personally know a cheerleader, for them to include you. If you were not friends with any cheerleader than you were not included in their yearbook.

At class reunions, the cheerleaders make name tags using your senior photo [if you were among the popular kids whose photos were published in the yearbook]. Otherwise the rest of us just write our own names on a blank name tag as we get there.

The class reunions manage to draw over 100 people each time.

I do not have a yearbook. I had a fulltime job starting when I was a sophomore, and I stayed fulltime employed until after graduation when I enlisted in the Navy.

On the FB page they have photos from some football games and marching band parades. I never saw any of those games or parades myself, because I had to work. So now by looking on FB, I have gotten to see what those popular kids were doing. But really 35+ years after the fact, I don't care.

Being such a large school, there were so many faces. I do not recognize many of them. I attended one reunion and nobody remembered me either.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:10 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,131,283 times
I threw it away. I reconnected with some of them on facebook, and discovered that they were the same a-holes that they were when they were in high school. I wasn't popular then and now almost 50 years later, apparently I was still in the unpopular group to be crapped on that I was 50 years ago.

So I threw it away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement