Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 10:04 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,747 posts, read 58,102,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I had a similar experience buying a used car a few years ago. it took about 1/2 hour to sign all the paperwork. The salesman told me it would be about twice as much if I'd been taking a loan instead of paying cash.
This stuff is not only annoying, but it raises the cost of doing business, which is ultimately passed onto the consumer.
Thousands of CA folks sit for 1/2 hr per day in the Drive-up at In-and-Out, or Starbucks... (They LOVE their cars, as often there is no line inside, and the weather is PERFECT for a stroll from the parking lot ... much different than those of us living in Rain and Snow yet still parking.... & venturing inside so we save fuel and clouds of emissions, and to get a little exercise).

Just another CA 'Thing' ... and something you can calculate into your CA retirement 'experience'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:49 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Thousands of CA folks sit for 1/2 hr per day in the Drive-up at In-and-Out, or Starbucks... (They LOVE their cars, as often there is no line inside, and the weather is PERFECT for a stroll from the parking lot ... much different than those of us living in Rain and Snow yet still parking.... & venturing inside so we save fuel and clouds of emissions, and to get a little exercise).

Just another CA 'Thing' ... and something you can calculate into your CA retirement 'experience'

We have In n' Out and Starbucks here too in Utah.

Same sitting. Longer lines because children in the cars.......

Old 07-26-2018, 01:03 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
I'm with 2sleepy.

Can't rep you again but I would if I could.

We had the same experience.
Don't worry - I'll rep you both!

Get well soon ceuban.

Signed, Californian temporarily stuck in BF Tennessee

Old 07-26-2018, 01:07 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:

Right...no one in California walks...I'll have to remember that next time I go for my daily walk, thanks so much for setting me straight on that

Old 07-26-2018, 08:51 PM

8,344 posts, read 6,438,626 times
I never could understand why people sit in long lines at drive up's instead of walking in.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I never could understand why people sit in long lines at drive up's instead of walking in.
Sometimes it's because they have their jammies on (yes I have done that ) in other cases because they have kids with them and it's a PITA to get 2 or 3 kids out of car seats just to walk inside a fast food joint and order food, in other cases it might be mobility issues. I fail to see why it's a big deal though

Old 07-26-2018, 10:30 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,747 posts, read 58,102,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sometimes it's because they have their jammies on... I fail to see why it's a big deal though
One REALLY BIG DEAL C-A-R-B

Thanks CA

More Californication spread around the USA. Delightful!

and the USA is stuck with trashy detuned cars the WW auto companies could not sell in any other country.

Fun!

I need to get some Jammies... and join the party.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
One REALLY BIG DEAL C-A-R-B
Thanks CA
More Californication spread around the USA. Delightful!
and the USA is stuck with trashy detuned cars the WW auto companies could not sell in any other country.
Fun!
I need to get some Jammies... and join the party.
I have no idea what that was all about but it might be wise for you to walk away from the computer for a few minutes

Old 07-27-2018, 04:07 AM

2,552 posts, read 2,740,154 times
Why would you want to retire in Ca? The quality of life is terrible. Can't wait to get out of this hell hole.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:27 AM

8,344 posts, read 6,438,626 times
I'd get the heck out of this Communist party tax tax tax too If I wasn't so old and established. You think it's bad now the governor candidate Newsom thats expected to win will make this place unlivable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement