Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 04:00 PM

6,359 posts, read 7,790,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That's really nice. Did you have a romantic relationship with her?
Thank you. An answer to your question is not appropriate for a public forum. I tried to send you a DM, but you have "Receive Direct Messages" turned off.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 04:01 PM

19,704 posts, read 12,279,826 times
I'm wondering what kind of experiences people have had that they would never live with someone again. Must be some PITA spouses out there. I never had anyone I lived with bug me and always had my own space to do what I need.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:00 PM

757 posts, read 840,816 times
Living alone is too hard to do. "Honey, can you bring me a roll of toilet paper?"

There you go.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:57 PM

12,064 posts, read 10,297,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
Living alone is too hard to do. "Honey, can you bring me a roll of toilet paper?"

There you go.
Get one of those toilet paper holders that can stack three or four - cheaper than a roommate.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:02 PM

12,064 posts, read 10,297,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm wondering what kind of experiences people have had that they would never live with someone again. Must be some PITA spouses out there. I never had anyone I lived with bug me and always had my own space to do what I need.
I don't think I would mind regular roommates. I've been in lots of dormitory type living situations.

Maybe it is when you have to or feel like you have to pay attention to them that gets irritating. If your roommate asks a dumb question, you can ignore it. But if your hubby/wife does the same, you feel obligated to give an answer. Get up, go do what they asked you do to do. Help them with whatever it is they need etc.

For example. If I am working out in the yard with my plants, I make sure I have everything I need. If I don't, I will come inside and get it. No need to bother anyone else.

Does the other half do that? No, get me this, can you open the door, move your car, where is my xyz. Why would I know where your xyz is located?? Things like that just drive you or me up the wall. Just one example.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:56 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,921,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I don't think I would mind regular roommates. I've been in lots of dormitory type living situations.

Maybe it is when you have to or feel like you have to pay attention to them that gets irritating. If your roommate asks a dumb question, you can ignore it. But if your hubby/wife does the same, you feel obligated to give an answer. Get up, go do what they asked you do to do. Help them with whatever it is they need etc.

For example. If I am working out in the yard with my plants, I make sure I have everything I need. If I don't, I will come inside and get it. No need to bother anyone else.

Does the other half do that? No, get me this, can you open the door, move your car, where is my xyz. Why would I know where your xyz is located?? Things like that just drive you or me up the wall. Just one example.

I had room mates when I was much younger and it always seemed to work out okay. As I got older, and especially when I'm single, I decided I didn't want/need that situation and mostly have lived alone. As of yesterday I do have a room mate now and we'll see how it goes. She's my daughter's age and is, in fact, my daughter's best friend. Getting out of a bad relationship and needs a place to live. My daughter has been living with me for the past year but is moving in with her boyfriend so I have room. AND being unemployed I can use the money. This will be my first paying room mate. I've had a couple of people live with me while they 'got on their feet' but those didn't turn out well at all so now they pay!

Old 09-30-2018, 08:50 PM

1,086 posts, read 748,995 times
My spouse is my best friend. I love being with her and think she feels the same. She likes some alone time though and we make sure she gets it but generally speaking we are happy together; at home, running errands, traveling, going out drinking, being stupid, going to sporting events, etc.... It's only been 20 years so far so we'll see how the future unfolds....

Old 10-02-2018, 12:56 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,683,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
My spouse is my best friend. I love being with her and think she feels the same. She likes some alone time though and we make sure she gets it but generally speaking we are happy together; at home, running errands, traveling, going out drinking, being stupid, going to sporting events, etc.... It's only been 20 years so far so we'll see how the future unfolds....
Well, good for you both. I hear that these situations exist, but some do not get to have that, especially later in life.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:36 AM

575 posts, read 340,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
a dog will always love you more than your spouse .

want proof ? take your dog and your spouse and lock them in the trunk of the car for an hour .

then open the trunk . see which one is happier to see you .
Pure comedy gold!

Best response of the year!!!

And so true!!!

Old 10-02-2018, 03:54 AM

575 posts, read 340,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I never had anyone I lived with bug me and always had my own space to do what I need.
And then you woke up

Nice fantasy, though. I'll give you that ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement