Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 08:25 AM

106,679 posts, read 108,856,202 times

Advertisements

my mom is not going to let me come here ....... she does not like the things i am hearing about .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 08:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Im in my mid 60s and Im not interested in sex anymore, which I am fine with. So no, all these things dont have to be maintained.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:38 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Im in my mid 60s and Im not interested in sex anymore, which I am fine with. So no, all these things dont have to be maintained.
You may not desire a full on relationship but are you saying you can no longer appreciate the feeling of an orgasm? No need for age related false piety.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:49 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I think it's totally natural and the exact point of this thread. Even at an older age, in romantic relationships or single, I've found people want their partners to be attractive, sexy, fit, as a major value including all the other goodies that matter like compatibility and intelligence. So there is a form of pressure to keep that up as an older person or risk being overlooked by other bachelors/bachelorettes.
There's pressure on that front from everyone. People generally look for partners that appear reasonably healthy. It really takes a lot of "extra" to date someone who is morbidly obese, has a major health problem etc., starting out.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You may not desire a full on relationship but are you saying you can no longer appreciate the feeling of an orgasm? No need for age related false piety.
omg ,, my mom is not going to like what i am learning here ...

who do atheists talk to during sex ?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:17 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
i was reading the other day, and all i can say is Use it or Lose it. That applies to your body fitness, but also to sex. For females, going too long without a husband ( ie sex- i am old fashioned) can lead to vaginal atrophy or thinning of the walls.
Uh, no.

In postmenopausal women it’s the lack of hormones, specifically estrogen. That’s why low-dose estrogen is the mainstay of treatment for atrophic vaginitis.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:27 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
"Sexually viable"? After 50 (or even 40) that doesn't just happen automatically even if you're fit and attractive!

Men and women many times need a little help in terms of keeping things up and keeping things slippery, as fluffy partially alluded to. Often women themselves don't know about all the changes that occur after menopause and blame themselves, especially when all the guy has to do is pop a pill and is ready to go. Both parties need to be aware and sensitive to possible changes and be willing to look into the best remedies.
I had a massive decline in libido beginning right around my early 40's (after a massive surge in my late 30's, which I think was my body going "Now or never!" regarding kids). It was very depressing because I was single and dating. Hard enough to compete with younger women, then you have to say "oh, btw, I'm pretty much dead from the waist down".

I tried so so many things (I had a great GYN who didn't dismiss it as psychological) to no avail. It was probably the most depressing feature of my life in that decade. Then in my early 50's I tried bio-identical hormone pellets (the kind Suzanne Somers writes books about). I couldn't believe the difference. Not only did my libido come back to life, all my symptoms such as hot flashes, being grumpy, no sleep ended to. I felt like I was alive again.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:40 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
i was reading the other day, and all i can say is Use it or Lose it. That applies to your body fitness, but also to sex. For females, going too long without a husband ( ie sex- i am old fashioned) can lead to vaginal atrophy or thinning of the walls. Thus problems. So, keep at it ladies! on a very regular basis. but of course, only with Mr right, your God-given husband. Other than that, try horseback riding. It might help.
Well, that’s not true at all — it’s not “use it or lose it”. It’s a menopausal thing. It happens to a lot of women, married or not. Painful sex is awful, and there is help. Talk it over with your doctor.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:48 AM

Definitely should have a best if used by sticker .... from what i see here it seems to have an expiration date like milk.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:05 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Definitely should have a best if used by sticker .... from what i see here it seems to have an expiration date like milk.
It’s odd that you would talk about little mathjak that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement