Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 05:29 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,917,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykaren View Post
So my takeaway is this. If you have glaucoma DO NOT use CBD oil. Get a medical marijuana card, or a "friend", and use the real thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16988594
thanks for this^^

I was taking a quality brand CBD oil, but I stopped because over time it did not seem to help the discomfort of my diagnosed Grade II Spondolitheliosis <---I'm sure I slaughtered that word

I still bush hog, ride the 4-wheeler, care for my horses and clean stalls every day but some days are more difficult than others. I'd be sunk without my chiropractor.

Anyway, I stopped taking the $138/2 oz. CBD oil since I couldn't see an improvement. It is grown & processed in my state and sold at a well established health food store (not GNC).

I had been taking 50-75 mg daily for 3-1/2 months. I do have glaucoma so your information is timely for me, thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 02:15 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Didn’t do anything for me whatsoever but it worked great for a friend of mine.
That's the way it goes with so many drugs, it effects people differently. Just like marijuana itself. A Friend smokes it and she can yap, yap, yap. Me? My mouth freezes up, can't get a word out! It paralyzes me!

I've talked to people who have taken Percocets, different reactions. Me? I take one and it paralyzes me instantly, can't even get out of the chair to navigate to my bedroom.

I'm sure the price will come down as more states offer medical marijuana, and, in the mean time, I'm buying lots of good, cheap stuff from the pharmacias in Nogales, Mexico, thanks to a Dr. I found that will write me up any prescription for $3.50!

Old 03-09-2019, 11:34 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
They show that they have a 240mg bottle for $38.00. do you think that would be large enough for someone to try long enough to know it would work for them?
I ordered that teeny size, yesterday, just to try it and see how it works. Will let you know when it gets here.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:09 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,155,161 times
CBD oil or capsules are useless, in my experience. Like virtually all supplements. Save your money

Old 03-10-2019, 10:46 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
On the other side of that judgemental coin we find people like me that get pain relief from CBD tinctures and gummies.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:12 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
CBD seems to work for some and not for others.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:39 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
CBD seems to work for some and not for others.
Sounds like the same arguments for and against taking vitamin C. I used to get a lot of sinus infections, until I started supplementing my vitamin intake with a minimum of 1,000 mg of C every day. But there are some people who either didn't try it, didn't need it, or simply didn't believe that it worked for them, because they gave up trying too soon. It takes a couple weeks for the benefit to be realized.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:58 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
I wonder if people who say CBD doesn't work are using products bought from Amazon. I would strongly advise against ordering CBD from them. Why? Amazon is prohibited from selling anything labeled "CBD" (which is still considered a Class I controlled substance by the Feds), so all the products are called hemp oil or hemp-something-else. This opens the door for cheap, inferior products made from cannabis stalks or seeds that may have little or no actual CBD in them and may be imported from places like India or China where they could have been contaminated by pesticides. You want to make sure that what you're getting is full spectrum (made from the whole plant), lab-tested and made in the U.S.A. or you may not get the results you're looking for.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 03-13-2019 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 03-14-2019, 05:18 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
What I use....Plus CBD, works for me, I use the balm. I see on their site, they also have a spray. Also good reviews on this product.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:04 AM

305 posts, read 241,429 times
I prefer the real McCoy, I know what people think but I do not care. I have a brother that takes a fistful of pharma pills everyday. We are very close in size and I am sure dna. So we will see who lives longer. We are both in our early 60's. He has way more medical problems than I do. In fact I think it is already working. I feel healthy and strong and stoned. (hehehehehe) YEAH BABY time to put on some dead music and sit back and..........well you know.

I need to move to Colorado or Michigan, I mean why get in trouble for it right????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement